onslaught11 Guest

How bad is our offense?

The Rams have scored 39 points through 4 games. This is the second lowest total in the league. The Saints have scored 38 points but they did that playing 3 games so far.

Let look at the Rams points total and see how much can be contributed to the offense. I give credit to the offense scoring if on a field goal they move more than 30+ yards and credit for a touchdown if they move 40+ yards.

Looking at it I have to give the special team 10 points because Dante Hall return for a TD against Dallas (7pts) and Dante Hall 60 yd return against Carolina (3pts).

I have to give the Defense 6 points for Clifton Ryan sack, FF, Fumble recovery against the ***ers. The offense only move the ball 10 yds before kicking a field goal. The fumble recovered against TB. I believe the offense moved it 25 yds before it kicked a field goal (3pts)

I think I got everything but I might be missing a credit for defense or special team.

All and all that leaves the offense credit for 23pts. Average that out and that leave 5.75 pts a game. Less than a TD a game scoring by the offense.

That is pathetic.:\

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: How bad is our offense?

Yes it is pathetic. The offense has managed to move the ball in the middle of the field by themselves but very few points have resulted from their efforts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan Guest

I believe we set an NFL record for most consective drives without scoring a touchdown,I think its at 31 drives and the way we are going that number looks like it is going up even more.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The bottom line is that no matter how good our skill position players are if the o-line is struggling everyone will struggle.

Better days are coming.:r

dogger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The bottom line is that no matter how good our skill position players are if the o-line is struggling everyone will struggle.

Better days are coming.:r
    New to the forum. Nice site. Let me get started. I agree with this post. It all starts up front in the trenches. You don;t hold the LOS you are not going anywhere fast.

general counsel is offline Registered User

It does start up front in the trenches for sure.

JKRams hit the nail on the head. We havent scored a td in 31 possessions and counting with tells you all you need to know. I dont care how much you move the ball, you win by scoring TD's and we arent scoring ANY, even when the defense gives us excellent field position.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    It does start up front in the trenches for sure.

JKRams hit the nail on the head. We havent scored a td in 31 possessions and counting with tells you all you need to know. I dont care how much you move the ball, you win by scoring TD's and we arent scoring ANY, even when the defense gives us excellent field position.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I agree the o-line has a lot to do with it but so does play calling. On a couple of Bulgers redzone picks we threw on first down trying to force it to Bennett when we were actually have success running vs the Cowboys and the Bucs on some occasions. We have been abandoning the run in the redzone completely resulting in either fg's or turnovers.
    Just Fix It

Cherry.and.White.Ram Guest

one positive thing - it cant get much worse guys. just like the song goes, thigns can only get better