Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: How Bad is the Rams Offensive Line? A Light Breakdown of How it Stacks Up

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    So your telling me unless I have season tickets I cant tell when the qb or running back are not afforded proper protection LOL. .
    I'm saying if you don't actually focus on the player, you don't have a clue what his responsibilities were, how the defense lined up against him and whether it was his fault or the player standing next to him. On passing downs, it's routine for the camera to stay directly on the QB. How often do they focus on tackles or guards? Most people who watch games on TV don't have a clue how often the defense blitzed because it's just not shown unless the guy was lined up at the line of scrimmage.

Bell was injured his first season with the Rams. He did very well last season.

Could you please note where I said you couldn't offer an opinion?

Oh and as for some real STATS:

When the Rams ran left outside the tackle, they were the 12 rated offensive line (Barron)
    When the Rams ran left off tackle, they were rated the #2 offensive line.
    When the Rams run between the guards they are 28th.
    When they run right off tackle they are 22nd.
    When they run outside the right tackle they are 30th.

To me that let's me know the RG (Incognito and the combo of backups) were not good. The rotation at RT wasn't good either. Thankfully, Smith will solve the RT problem (by default) and Goldberg is probably being moved inside where he did well. I'm not sold on Greco or Setterstrom at this point.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -03-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Oh and as for some real STATS:

When the Rams ran left outside the tackle, they were the 12 rated offensive line (Barron)
    When the Rams ran left off tackle, they were rated the #2 offensive line.
    When the Rams run between the guards they are 28th.
    When they run right off tackle they are 22nd.
    When they run outside the right tackle they are 30th.

To me that let's me know the RG (Incognito and the combo of backups) were not good. The rotation at RT wasn't good either. Thankfully, Smith will solve the RT problem (by default) and Goldberg is probably being moved inside where he did well. I'm not sold on Greco or Setterstrom at this point.
    I don't know when I watch football on tv i can usually see the offensive and defensive line on almost every play. I can also tell if a guy is in the backfield before the qb even sets up to pass or before he hands the ball off someone missed an assignment. I don't care who missed the assignment although most of the time you can see who it was. I just know someone is blowing their assignment. Watch when teams blits us it seems like the o-line is confused and always seems to let someone come free even when there is enough people blocking. I can also tell when thedefense only rushes 3 guys and they stil get to the qb that our o-line is not playing well.

As far as you saying I couldnt express my opinion you basically said people who don't have season tickets have no clue. So basically since I don't have season tickets i don't have a voice because in your opinion i cant see whats going on.

As for the above post you called the o-line solid. 28th,22nd and 30th rankings are hardly solid. So if you average out the five rankings you gave me it averages out to 18th in the league which i would consider below average.

Not really interested in a pissing match with you but I still believe the o-line is average to below average.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I don't know when I watch football on tv i can usually see the offensive and defensive line on almost every play. I can also tell if a guy is in the backfield before the qb even sets up to pass or before he hands the ball off someone missed an assignment. I don't care who missed the assignment although most of the time you can see who it was. I just know someone is blowing their assignment. Watch when teams blits us it seems like the o-line is confused and always seems to let someone come free even when there is enough people blocking. I can also tell when thedefense only rushes 3 guys and they stil get to the qb that our o-line is not playing well.

As far as you saying I couldnt express my opinion you basically said people who don't have season tickets have no clue. So basically since I don't have season tickets i don't have a voice because in your opinion i cant see whats going on.

As for the above post you called the o-line solid. 28th,22nd and 30th rankings are hardly solid. So if you average out the five rankings you gave me it averages out to 18th in the league which i would consider below average.

Not really interested in a pissing match with you but I still believe the o-line is average to below average.
    wow, at least you were able to let it go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123