Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: How 'bout dem Polians?

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: How 'bout dem Polians?

He is a PROVEN commodity. How many people on this board have said they don't want another experiment. This guy Knows how to buid winning teams and you just don't blink at the chance of hiring someone of this caliber. I equate this to when the Phillies hired Pat Giilick as their GM in 2006. He weeded out certain elements of losing and then brought in people who had not only talent but desire to win and equated in a WS win, another WS appearance and still the team they have now.And before he was GM of Phils he GM'd the Blue Jays to two WS titles, GM's the Seattle Mariners to their best Era of baseball they EVER had, and GM'd the Orioles to the last playoff appearance they ever had. There CANNOT be enough said about talent evaluating and building a team with all the right components that work TOGETHER!
    NJ Ramsfan1 and bradwill like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Better than AJ from San Diego. I'd seriously reconsider giving up my Rams fan card if he were brought in.

Seriously.
    RamSoup likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman View Post
    Shadow, there's a reoccuring pattern from 2004 on... The Colts started winning... Big.

Granted, you look at patterns of teams like Green Bay, New England and Pittsburgh who seem to pick horseshoes (no pun intended) out of their behind regularly and wind up with draft gems and wonder where Polian went wrong when Indy hit it big.

Will say this though... If were looking for someone to change the culture around here, this is the guy to do it. Buffalo really hasn't been the same since he left and his work with Carolina was perhaps his best indicator on his ability to build a roster from ground up. His work in Indianapolis speaks for itself, although Manning and Dungy certainly aided him in his success.
    I agree, Mr. President.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

So, the guys been to 4 SB's w/ the Bills, took Carolina from expansion to the NFC championship in two years and has gone to two more SB's w/ the Colts .... that's a Hall of Fame career if ever there was one.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Fisher/Polians/Blackmon
    ramsbruce, Tampa_Ram and bradwill like this.

Truth is offline Registered User

If the choice is between Polian or Smith, I'll take Polian. However, i'm not excited by the prospect of either of them. Smith is an arrogant jerk, who has had as much to do with the collapse of SD as anyone, and Polian's handiwork can be seen in the current state of the Colts (although, that coaching staff isn't the best, and was put in place for 1 player).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

What about James Laurinaitis' uncle, John Laurinaitis? He has GM experience, if not on an interim bases only. But I think he can get the job done.

If not, the Polians would be more than welcomed in STL.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

PASS on the Polians.....x2

MelloStang Guest

I think the Polians were in a disagreement with the idea of drafting Luck and that is what ultimatley got them fired. Whichever way the colts go the polians were probably in the other area, I would guess with the colts needs and Manning coming back they hope the Polians wanted to turn that number one into a few more to fll some youth in.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

I'll pass. Look at how the Colts are at the moment. That team couldn't do a thing all year, on both sides of the ball, missing Peyton. That says something about their depth, which a GM has great influence on. I'd rather take a chance on a Reggie Mckenzie, at least he's coming from a winning organization, and their depth on the roster is ridiculous.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    What about James Laurinaitis' uncle, John Laurinaitis? He has GM experience, if not on an interim bases only. But I think he can get the job done.
    LOL! Not sure I want him in charge of personnel with some of the very ill-will half the WWE has towards him though when it comes time for contracts or who gets a push. Maybe HHH or MR. MCMAHON!

If not, the Polians would be more than welcomed in STL.
    People are going to focus on Indy's dramatic fall this season without Manning, but Bill Polian has a very long track record and has done very well over a long period of time. I'm not ready to throw many years of success away because the Colts looked hapless this year and a little light on talent and depth.
    ramsbruce and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    PASS on the Polians.....x2
    Just curious why ram0? Who do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    People are going to focus on Indy's dramatic fall this season without Manning, but Bill Polian has a very long track record and has done very well over a long period of time. I'm not ready to throw many years of success away because the Colts looked hapless this year and a little light on talent and depth.
    Agreed. It's foolish to only look at a partial career and make a decision based off of that.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Bit strange to focus on the current state of the colts. If Manning wouldof stayed healthy my guess is they would be in the play offs. Teams that are in SBpush tend to have older rosters and shy away from young talents to prolong the nonrebuilding years. Take away Brady in NE, Rivers in SD and Brees in NO and you are left with the same sorry state of a team as th Colts. These teams are build around a marqee QB unlike say the Ravens, Steelers and Gaints who tend to build around a running game and defense. So without them you're probably gonna suck. Exception on the rule (for one game) is since sunday the Packers. Who proved to be able to succeed without their QB and didn't miss a beat. Judging Polian on just this season is moronic if you look at his career and acomplishments.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    Bit strange to focus on the current state of the colts. If Manning wouldof stayed healthy my guess is they would be in the play offs. Teams that are in SBpush tend to have older rosters and shy away from young talents to prolong the nonrebuilding years. Take away Brady in NE, Rivers in SD and Brees in NO and you are left with the same sorry state of a team as th Colts. These teams are build around a marqee QB unlike say the Ravens, Steelers and Gaints who tend to build around a running game and defense. So without them you're probably gonna suck. Exception on the rule (for one game) is since sunday the Packers. Who proved to be able to succeed without their QB and didn't miss a beat. Judging Polian on just this season is moronic if you look at his career and acomplishments.
    I'm not sure many people are judging them based on one poor year. They're looking at the state of the roster, which was built, or has failed to be built in this case, over several years. I noted earlier the string of home runs they had in the first round of drafts, and the subsequent falling off a cliff they've had in the last few years. It's clear to see the Colts are shells of their former selves, although I'm not sure what happened to cause it. The issue some people are having is probably being unsure of which Polians they would be inheriting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast