Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

how can we be 6 point favorites?

I have no idea how we are 6 point favorites this week, but i believe its an encouraging sign, since i always believe that the vegas odds makers know more than anyone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: how can we be 6 point favorites?

3 points for being at home, and the other 3 uhhhhh I have no idea.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

That makes no sense at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

A win this week will kill our draft status! Jk, would love to see us finally get over the hump vs. the *****. Losing Pace was magnified by playing a team with a great dline last week in Carolina. There is still no excuse for giving up over 200 rushing yds a game though. Maybe we will fix that this week.....sigh

maybe we will fix it this week, but i think thats wishful thinking. No criticism intended, i continue to hope things will improve as well, but its just more of the same week after week. Gore ran for over 200 yards vs. seattle last week.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I have no idea how we are 6 point favorites this week, but i believe its an encouraging sign, since i always believe that the vegas odds makers know more than anyone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    It's not a good sign, they want people to bet on the Rams so they loose and the odds makers rake in the dough.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    It's not a good sign, they want people to bet on the Rams so they loose and the odds makers rake in the dough.
    I would think that giving 6 pts to the whiners would lead the gamblers to betting on the underdog? Especially the way our team has been playing and having lost to the Whiners this season.

Then again maybe the thought process is that the Rams are due to break the losing streak in a big way? That would be nice.

Not much of gambler myself. I could be way off?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Itís all about the early Money, people are betting on the Rams to win at home early. The odd makers are trying to keep the money equal on both teams and take the vig or the juice. It tells me people out there donít think much of the Whiners.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I believe it is due to the fact that the Rams are expected to turn things around. And who better to turn things around on than the whiners?

Well, that and the fact that the whiners have won their allotted number of games...and cannot exceed their quota.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

You're favorites because you're playing the Niners, who the oddsmakers have considered underdogs for every game except the one against the Raiders.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    You're favorites because you're playing the Niners, who the oddsmakers have considered underdogs for every game except the one against the Raiders.
    Oddsmakers adjust throughout the year though, the Rams free fall and the Niners win streak should at least make it closer than 6. Like I said 99% of the time the home team gets 3 points automatically, but I can't see adding another three to that in favor of the Rams after what has transpired over the last few weeks.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

maineram is offline Registered User

I'm just hoping the Rams show up and make a game of it. That would be an improvement over last week.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Oddsmakers adjust throughout the year though, the Rams free fall and the Niners win streak should at least make it closer than 6. Like I said 99% of the time the home team gets 3 points automatically, but I can't see adding another three to that in favor of the Rams after what has transpired over the last few weeks.
    I think they gave the Rams an extra 3 point due to Wilkins range; if they can actually get into field goal range this week.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

3 points is automatic for home field. the line is set to equalize the money on both sides so that as one poster mentioned, vegas makes money on the vig. Early money isnt relevant in this case since the line hasnt moved. If too much money comes in on either side of the line, the line will move.

I think the rams are still viewed as a decent team at home and even though sf had a big win vs seattle last week, they havent proven that they can win at all on the road. I think vegas still has memories of that huge blowout at chicago that the niners put up a while back.

Most importantly, people dont believe that we can possibly be as bad as we looked offensively last week. While that may be true to some extent, we arent as good defensively as we looked last week and our run defense is what it is-pathetic in the extreme.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    3 points is automatic for home field. the line is set to equalize the money on both sides so that as one poster mentioned, vegas makes money on the vig. Early money isnt relevant in this case since the line hasnt moved. If too much money comes in on either side of the line, the line will move.

I think the rams are still viewed as a decent team at home and even though sf had a big win vs seattle last week, they havent proven that they can win at all on the road. I think vegas still has memories of that huge blowout at chicago that the niners put up a while back.

Most importantly, people dont believe that we can possibly be as bad as we looked offensively last week. While that may be true to some extent, we arent as good defensively as we looked last week and our run defense is what it is-pathetic in the extreme.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree for the mostpart, but homefield isn't always a automatically 3, I have seen it where it was only 2 or even 1, but 99% of the time yes it is automatically 3.

Here's a question for you GC, it may be hard to answer but just go with me here, let's say you weren't a fan of the Rams, and obviously you would never be a whiner fan just because that's crazy, lol. Anyways let's say you are a betting football fan no matter who is playing, you don't have a favorite team. You like to bet and win, so when you see the Rams favored by 6 and you know how the season has gone for both teams, wouldn't you jump on that bet and take the whiners without hesitation? Remember this is purely for money reasons and you want to win money.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast