Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

How Did Everyone Here Become A Rams Fan???

I'm just curious as to what everyones story is on how they became a fan of the Rams?

Mine is a simple story. My dad watched football and at first when I was real young I hated it. He always watched and followed the Rams, so when I was around 10 years old I started to get into it, then I got to enjoy watching Eric Dickerson and I was hooked for life. Whats everyone elses story?

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Milan is offline Registered User

Re: How Did Everyone Here Become A Rams Fan???

I was watching us lose the superbowl to the Patriots to watch an hour long special of Malcolm in the Middle

I liked them because of the logo, then I seriously started watching football, and learning about all of the superbowls (MVPs And other stuff), and I've never liked another team, well I did like a few teams before but I never watched a single game, I only liked them because characters in TV shows liked them, (King of the Hill - Cowboys) and such.

But the Rams have been my team since we lost that superbowl.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

rams have been my team since 2003
    thats the year when i got hooked on football
    and i just really enjoyed watching the rams play on offence and they became my fav team and ive had to learn pretty quickly the history, players...etc of this team

RAMS WILL BE MY TEAM FOREVER!! NO MATTER WIN OR LOSE!!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Dick Bass, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I went to L.A.on a winter of 1989, the day before we played against the *****. I was studying in the bay area so everybody was a **** I decided I that the gold and blue would be my colors instead of that gayish red and gold

ramfury is offline Registered User

I am born in Los Angeles, and there was only one Real Los Angeles Team for my first 24 years on this earth. Chargers bailed before I was born. I liked the Raiders, but to me they would be forever identified with Oakland.

bruce_wannabe Guest

hmmm i was born in 1987 and went to my first game when i was 6 months old... as far as i can remember ive been a rammy!!!!!!!! im getting a tattoo of the rams logo on my calf which is sick...i went to the 1989 nfc championship game with the pops dont remember it but i can say i was there when jim everett had the phantom sack

maineram is offline Registered User

1976, I was 11yrs. old. Rams Vikings playoff game.
    Hooked on the Horns !!!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

curley4me is offline Registered User

Saw Romal Gabriel On Tv When I Was A Kid, The Rams Horns On Their Helmet And The Fearsome Foursome Was All It Took, Plus Hating The ****** Added To It! Forever A Rams Fan.

curley4me is offline Registered User

Angry Re: How Did Everyone Here Become A Rams Fan???

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    hmmm i was born in 1987 and went to my first game when i was 6 months old... as far as i can remember ive been a rammy!!!!!!!! im getting a tattoo of the rams logo on my calf which is sick...i went to the 1989 nfc championship game with the pops dont remember it but i can say i was there when jim everett had the phantom sack
    i was hoping i would never hear "chris everett" or the "phantom sack" ever again!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Saw the Rams (and football) for the first time on a British Saturday sport show called "World of sport" in '79 or '80 and then 4-5 years later British TV started showing a weekly highlights package of NFL games.

And that was that................

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by milan
    I was watching us lose the superbowl to the Patriots to watch an hour long special of Malcolm in the Middle
    This is EASILY my favorite story of all time.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

In 1977, at age 9, I was hooked by the horns and by the coolest sounding names any (non-related) teammates ever had: Jack and Jim Youngblood.

The rest is history.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I must admit I started my life as a Steelers fan. I loved the black and gold. They were all I knew with no "home" team to speak of in the Missouri bootheel.....and no the only REAL St. Louis Cardinals play baseball, not football.

Then, in the magical fall of 1995, I sat in my dormroom at Harding University and got to watch the St. Louis Rams, my first "home" football team. I'll always love the memories of my Steelers, but since '95, my team, my home team, has been the Rams.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-04-2006 at 11:41 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I also grew up in the Missouri Bootheel. I was raised with the St. Louis (Cardiac) Cardinals as my team from childhood. I always admired (and hated) the the LA Rams and their defenses. They seemed to have our number. When Bidwell left (a welcome sight actually) and the Rams moved, then they became my team. My father works for a large contracting firm in St. Louis that built the Kiel (Saviss) Center and assisted with the Edward Jones Dome. Thanks to him I was able to get excited about the move and got some of the early Rams Gear. That got me hooked and have been a diehard fan since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast