Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: How Did Everyone Here Become A Rams Fan???

I was born in the San Fernado Valley in L.A. , My brother who is older than I and my Uncle took me to my 1st RAMS game in 1956 ... I was very young and like most it was those white horns that got me hooked even at that age ... My uncle new the some of the RAMS and the owners in the big C before I was born in the late 30's and forty's and he moved back to L.A.a year after the RAMS moved ... So I had no choice in the matter ... I fell in Love with the RAMS for alot of reasons 1st one being horns , As I got older I really fell deeper as I began to understood more about the game and people ... Ive meet thru my uncle alot of RAMS over time Like Norm,Gab,nolan too name a few it was great ... The one thing that was really interesting to me was no matter what happened in the game they all ways played with soooo much passion and HEART , Thats the one thing I took notice of .... the 60's came and went the 70's , And the S.B with the Steelers was a HEART breaker for me , The Steelers during that period was one the best team during that time and we kicked their butts untill the last 15min's , 80's came , the 90's (wow) and now 2000's what a ride its been for me all these years ... The RAMS have been a very important part of my life ... And as my life turns into a different stage I will always love my (our) Rams (sorry) The team has shown me many things over the years and that has helped to make me who Iam today . Remember ? the HEART IN WHICH THEY PLAY , Under very hard times and I mean very hard times ... I have been blessed with many things in my life one was going to that game in 1956
    and found out how much I love football and OUR RAMS ... Winning is always the best but its the love of the game and the HEART of our RAMS that will endure for ever...
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -01-05-2006 at 03:09 AM.

I was a Ram in my Fathers eye ......................

DakotaRam is offline Registered User

It was in the early 70's for me... around 1975.
    My brother and I used to collect baseball and football cards and we traded for a Lawrence McCutcheon card for some reason.

We both got hooked on the Rams uniforms and have been major fans ever since.
    Gotta Go To Work... Gotta Go To Work...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    I was a Ram in my Fathers eye ......................
    Care to elaborate Dez
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I became a Rams fan the same way everyone becomes a Rams fan. The horns and coolest uniform in the NFL.

I will never forget the seventies and how cool the Rams and Chargers uni's were. The Rams went to the Super Bowl and I was hooked for life.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I was born in Long Beach, Calif., "1957 ". I think it was 1965 or 1966 I was outside with nothing to do so I went back into the house and turned on our " black & white "
    t.v.. The Colts were playing the Rams, this was the 1st time I ever took any interest in watching football. Like most eveyone else on this thread the HORNS attracted me and the horse shoes didn't. It was pure conicidence that the Rams represented Los Angeles. I never had the opportunity to see a Los Angeles Rams game live. My first live game was the St. Louis Rams vs. Baltimore Ravens at the Dome in St Louis " 1999 " Starting QB--
    Kurt Warner. I have the RAMS most recent logo and name tattooed on my right bicep, I'm actually adding another one on my left bicep this weekend just not sure what it will be yet, obviously RAM related.

I am and will be a RAMS FAN forever !

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

when i was 6 years old my uncle who doubled as my godfather bought me a rams helmet for christmas,back then they sold the helmets of all the popular teams,the ones you could wear when you play ball in the back yard.he was going to buy me a cowboys helmet since my father is a dallas fan but they didnt have anymore,all that was left was the l.a.rams helmets with the white horns,so i got that one.i have been a fan ever since and i am glad i am. by far the best looking helmets ever in football.the horns rock.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

One afternoon in the summer of 1999, I was sitting at home, flipping the channels on the TV, contemplating the attributes of the beer I was savoring, and all at once, I heard the telephone ring.
    I picked up the phone, said "Hello?", and a voice said, "Sam, we need someone who will help us. The St. Louis Rams have been stuck in a rut that began a decade ago in Los Angeles. We are afraid that if we cannot have you as a fan, the Rams will be forced into the cellar. It's up to you...will you join us and lead us to the top, and insure the whiners are at the bottom of the NFC?"
    The voice on the other end never identified themselves.

Well, it sounded more interesting than saying that Mom asked me to watch a preseason game, I liked the way they played, and I was hooked...and Green was the QB then.

DIEHARDRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I was born and raised 10 minutes from anaheim stadium.My dad has been a die hard fan since the 60's.He took me to numerous games,so you could say i was born with horns.Growing up i never really saw many people supporting them except at the games.Thats why they left right.After they won the superbowl i got mad because everybody was wearing their stuff so I went and got the logo tattoed on my back.Now that I got my computer and found this site I know there are die hard fans out there just like my dad and I.Go RAMS!

NitRam 21 is offline Registered User

I was 8 yrs old I think (been a while 1968-69) here in the middle of Kansas at a friends house about to go out back for some back yard f ball, the neighbors had the game on and Andrew asked who I liked? I said the guys with the cool helmets they laughed and told me those are the Rams (embarased I acted like I knew that.) I have many times been laught at here in kansas (untill 99-00)
    LET HER BUCK LITTLE BROTHER

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I have always liked the Rams, but here is my story from the time I can remember.

It was about 1978 (I was 8 years old) and during recess we played touch football. I went to Fries Avenue Elementary School in Wilmington, CA. Banning High School was only two blocks away. As we all know Vince Ferragamo went to High School there.

At any rate, as my childhood hero I was Vince Farragamo on the playground and played like him. (so I thought) Later I was Wendell Tyler, fumblitis and all, even the old sign of the cross after every touchdown.

I love playing the sport and vowed to play in the NFL like Eric Dickerson. Only problem everyone else grew except for me. I went from being picked first on my team to last and when I played pop warner, the bench.

Even though my dreams of catching the ball like Flipper Anderson never materialized I live my NFL Pro-Football career through my favorite Ram players!

Hope you like the story. Go Rams 2006!
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -01-05-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer
    I have always liked the Rams, but here is my story from the time I can remember.

It was about 1978 (I was 8 years old) and during recess we played touch football. I went to Fries Avenue Elementary School in Wilmington, CA. Banning High School was only two blocks away. As we all know Vince Ferragamo went to High School there.

At any rate, as my childhood hero I was Vince Farragamo on the playground and played like him. (so I thought) Later I was Wendell Tyler, fumblitis and all, even the old sign of the cross after every touchdown.

I love playing the sport and vowed to play in the NFL like Eric Dickerson. Only problem everyone else grew except for me. I went from being picked first on my team to last and when I played pop warner, the bench.

Even though my dreams of catching the ball like Flipper Anderson never materialized I live my NFL Pro-Football career through my favorite Ram players!

Hope you like the story. Go Rams 2006!
    We all seem to be speaking from the HEART and thats really they it should be when it comes to the RAMS ... Iam proud to be here with all of you that feel the way you do about the RAMS it feels like its home here ... It was not always like that , Its great to be here with you all ...

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I was born in 1964 and my parents had just moved from Oklahoma a year prior. My Dad was a big Sooner fan. That was the first team I ever knew. But when it came to the Pro's, he liked the Packers. And so did I. But at age 5, I was at a friends house for his B-day and I walked in his room and seen the *****inest Poster of R. Gabrieal and Was a ram fan ever since. Oh and by the way I grew up in ***** country so I took alot of $#!t. To this day even though I have moved to So.Cal., Me and him are still best buddies and have seen at least 14 games together. And we are corrupting our kids into Ram fans also! We plan making a trip to Seattle next year or the Year after. The Last game we went to Was the Browns at the dome in 99. I need to start getting out more!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I grew up in Connecticut. In the mid-70's, everyone's dad was a Giants fan, but they stunk. A few kids had dads who were felons and therefore followed the Jets. There were no Patriot fans then.

The kids themselves, watching games of the week, and following the stars, latched onto the hot teams of NFL. There were Dolphin, Steeler, Viking, Cowboy and Raiders fans. The Cowboy fans were the rudest, the most annoying, and the peskiest. I knew that I must be their enemy.

The AFC was never an option for me. Something about the junior circuit just struck me as vaguely Communist. That left the Vikings and the Rams. I could never figure out the Vikes helmets, am not big on the color purple, or the state of Minnesota. Then I saw the Rams, from the land of Reagan, with the cool yellow horns, and the mean front four, and take-away artists like Monte Jackson, and body leveling talent like Jack (and Jim Youngblood). They won the west every year, and therefore, lost to the Vikes or Cowboys in the playoffs every year. I found my team.

But I have been a Cowboy hater longer than I have been a Ram supporter, hence the name.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

Football was not a big sport in my family, downhill skiers. But way back in the early 70's I think "73" I watched a Rams Vikings playoff game. ALl I remember was the name Fran Tarkington. He tore us up. So the next year I got a lil more interested, we had some cool names Jack and Jim Youngblood, Merlin, Napoleon, Windell, Nolan Cromwell, I just liked the names and I remember this Takington guy what a weird name. So I went with the RAMS, always did alway will Rams forever. Cool uniforms to Ram skulls :clanram:
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast