RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

How did we lose this game today?

I didn't get a chance to watch the game today, but I see we lost 33-14. My question is how? By looking at the box score we dominated in all but one area.

Total Net Yards: Rams 364, Packers 379

TIME OF POSSESSION: Rams 36:24, Packers 23:36

Interceptions: 2 on both sides

Fumbles lost: Rams 0, Packers 1

Net Yards Rushing: Rams 173, Packers 52.

PENALTIES (Number-Yards): Rams 13-93, Packers 6-35. This is the only area that I saw that the Packers had us beat.

Were the penalties that major? How can we dominate the rushing game by such a HUGE margin and lose by 19? Were we just not finishing drives? What exactly happened today? Someone please fill me in.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: How did we lose this game today?

Well you know how we start out great and get everyone excited then come out for the second half and suck? That happened. Um, there were a few iffy calls that didnt go our way, the punts took the wrong bounce, Bulger never really had it going, umm the O-line troubles continued, we had delay of game calls, but besides that everything went well.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

this question is easy no execution in the second half, c'mon you shoudn't have to ask this question, you know how we are, you know how we play, it was sad that when I was watching the game all you saw in the growd was yellow & green rams scored they boo, favre scored they cheered, but thats what happen when fans get let down.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Many sacks lead to many offensive drives that did not capitalize on opportunities. The opportunities were given to us however we just did not make the necessary catches, calls, protection, whatever. Lost to a better team, but they were beatable.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

And I know this don't have anything to do with the thread but does anyone notice how dull the stadium is, it's crazy because every other dome is bright but ours, and another thing is when opposing team come, it's like there never any motivation on there side,no energy maybe one player may have a good game but it's never exciting to the opposing team coming to st.louis with the dull suronding and the library crowd
    Last edited by rams 24/7; -12-16-2007 at 11:09 PM.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Let's not forget how bad our special teams were today. Green Bay played practically the entire game in our half. Their turnovers and defensive stops always came at better times; much better clutch defense than us. We also had a propensity to miss tackles, especially in the first half, that ended up hurting us.

denverram is offline Registered User

I would have to agree. Our special teams were terrible in the first half at least. I do not thik they started a drive inside their own 40. When any NFL team only has to go 50 yards or so to score they do not need big stats, just the scoreboard. I do not remember Koren Robinson being superman but our ST sure made him look that way!!! At least the new field turf could tackle him!!!

What I saw was a dispirited team all the way around. When something goes bad there is no emotion. Just oh well here we go again. How about some fire boys. It does not seem that the Rams cared at all today. Lets just wear these pretty white pants for a few hours and have fun.

I will get to see the Steelers game so I will finally get to compare them to something.

Fire Linehan

gap Guest

This game would have been winnable if the officials weren't rooting for the pack. I half expected the ref to kiss Brett when he broke the all time passing yards.

It is kind of hard to sustain drives when your primary WRs are being tackle before the ball gets there, and no flag is thrown.

Going into this game, I expected the RAMS to lose. I was surprised to see them tie the game, and then drive and keep it tied. But then the officiating took over to prevent a go ahead drive. To make it worse, the penty they refused to throw to end our drive was thrown unnecessarily to extend the pack drive when we force thhem on a three and out. And that 'contact' was timed perfectly with the ball.

I thing the NFL has taken lessons from the WWF on how to keep the 'fan favories' in the post season.

I wonder why seattle couldn't beat a lousy Carolina team? Probably to make sure that brett's final year had a first round bye.

gap (still harping on the refs )

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Denverram View Post
    Let's just wear these pretty white pants for a few hours and have fun.
    And that's how we lost this game today!

...I absolutely abhore that uni. And the all blue too.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

There were a lot of dropped balls by the WRs. Bulger looked pretty good and neither of the INTs were his fault.

Steven had a good game and we even got a couple of picks. You would have thought we could have produced more points.

Special teams were not good and we had bad field position most of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

How did the 3-10 Rams lose to the Packers? Well....... I can think of about five good reasons after watching the game.

#5. Special teams. We gave them great field position the entire first half.

#4. Dropped passes. Holt, Bruce & Bennett all dropped passes that should have been caught.

#3. No pressure on Favre. Our front four just ain't getting it done. The only time we got close to Favre, was with all-out blitzes.

#2. Lousy execution on offense in the second half (again)

...and the #1 reason we lost? The Packers are the better team, and they had the home-field advantage. Wait, you mean that game wasn't played in Green Bay? Sure looked and sounded like it. :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

rammiser is offline Registered User

As usual Scotties bunch performs for 2 quarters and then comes out in the second half and lays a big fat goose egg, but it's all the players fault right?
    Just Fix It

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

SIX TIMES the Packers began a drive inside our territory.

I think that virtually speaks for itself.