Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

How do the OTHERS think we'll do...

Ok, I have an interesting question for all the Rams fans out there.

Ok, we won against Denver. A team with very high expectations. Jake Plummer, a guy who threw 7 ints last year, and now, already has 3 in his first game.

Will this change from no respect, to hmm...maybe the Rams are the real deal after all?

Personally, (well, obviously), I think we're the real deal, and this win was HUGE for us, and it was especially a huge win for us because our defense basically won it. Who would've thought, right?

So...Are we finally going to get some respect from others after being a team that basically everyone said we'd get annihilated by?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: How do the OTHERS think we'll do...

I hope they don't take us serious. I hope they think that last week was a fluke. From what I hear we didn't even hit 10 % of the playbook.

SFCRamFan Guest

Let's just continue to fly under the radar. It would be nice for everyone to pick against us and continue to be named the upset of the week. Some will come around, but for the most part, none of the pundits will take us too seriously with a new system and coaching staff until we have proven ourselves week in and week out. By the middle of the season, they will come around, like in '99, and say things like "I didn't see this coming, but look out for the Rams..."

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Yeah, have to agree with SFC on this one. I looked at all of the main sports websites yesterday and I liked the fact that no-one was going overboard about us. Other teams were getting the spotlight......Chicago, Baltimore, Jets etc.

Fine by me, it's only week one and a bit early to be beating our chests, but I like what I see so far. If we're still doing this by week 8 and people start to notice then I'll be even happier.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good perspective on ourselves. And I agree, Pang, "...it's only week one and a bit early to be beating our chests".

We'll have to wait a few more games for the Rams to see if we are indeed 'for real' and then for the rest of the division, and so on. Right now, at least as of today, everyone is still stupefied on the Terrell Owens Show.

Bah!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

as for respect id have to say whe havent gotten it from most of the sports reporters yet then again respect from sports reporters really does not mean anything it doesn't help us in anyway on the field once we get a record like
    6-1 or 7-2 there would be no way that anyone can deny us but that win against the broncos was a breath of fresh air that every ram fan was waiting for
    Torry Holt Dont play that

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

Sportswriters and the word respect is an oxymoron. Most of the dolts on TV, radio, or print are so sucked into their little bubbles, they have a hard time seeing anything outside of the major east coast teams or big sports "personalities" like T.O., Chad Johnson, and Brett Favre. It's true of all sports-the coverage is dictated by what these babbling idiots consider to be "exciting."
    consider that the Rams beat the defending AFC West Champions, and Brett Favre, Owens, Packers and Cowboys are getting more press. Fine with me-like you guys say-let's fly under the radar, and pop up in Miami!

:l

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

The last time we flew under the radar was in 1999, so it is a good thing. I'm not suggesting that we are SB contenders just yet, but flying under the radar is to our advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Yeah, have to agree with SFC on this one. I looked at all of the main sports websites yesterday and I liked the fact that no-one was going overboard about us. Other teams were getting the spotlight......Chicago, Baltimore, Jets etc.

Fine by me, it's only week one and a bit early to be beating our chests, but I like what I see so far. If we're still doing this by week 8 and people start to notice then I'll be even happier.
    You took the words right outta my mouth Fat P. I noticed the same thing. None of the articles in the websites I've visited are giving the Rams credit for winning the game. It's always projected as the Broncos losing the game and how Plummer had a bad game. A bad game? Hell yes he had a bad game! He had a bad game because the Rams were in his face all day!

I also like it that we're flying under the radar. IF (and when) we run through the ***** next Sunday, then beat the Tards, Lions and GB, the idiot writers will still be saying that we're beating up on crappy teams and we'll receive little attention. Until we beat the Seachickens, we'll continue to fly low and out of the picture. Which is fine by me. From articles that I've read about Little and others, it will just light the fire even more if the Rams defense gets no love. They're already driven from the stuff that has been printed (and rightfully so) about the team's defense last year. So, boys, continue writing...

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    From what I hear we didn't even hit 10 % of the playbook.
    If I may, where did you hear this from?

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

well... we might be getting a little respect. (no pun)

I was watching SportsCenter and not only did they mention the Rams, but they pronounced Tinoisamoa correctly... yup... we finally made it.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Maybe one of 90% remaining could get us in the endzone. ha ha (joke)
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with everything being said here. I don't think we will get respect until we show our stuff vs the squawks. Beating the whiners and cards on the road then coming home to beat an improved Lions team just won't be enough to get the attention the team deserves.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I agree with everything being said here. I don't think we will get respect until we show our stuff vs the squawks. Beating the whiners and cards on the road then coming home to beat an improved Lions team just won't be enough to get the attention the team deserves.
    It'll be a "shock", but still, I really doubt until we win another SB, we will not get any respect. Not ANY AT ALL, but we won't be like up there with the better teams until we prove ourselves that we can play deep in the playoffs and win that SB XLI!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

majorram is offline Registered User

I don't care what people think of us, who cares, lets fly under the radar, yep its early but from what I saw on sunday, this win should set us UP for the year, the confidence should be flowing, Once the O gets that Bloody TD in, they will start to flow!!!!once they get that out of there minds......and hey watch out NFL when they do cause coupled with this NEW D we will be going places!!!! I just hope they WILL not be a let down at the Whiners on sunday!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast