Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

Re: How do the Rams perform in poor weather?

If it has little affect on a game, why is the tendency to run more on wet windy colder days?

Try this, warm up your hands and have somebody throw you a dry football. Pretty easy, usually doesnt hurt.

now, expose your hands to 40 degree temps for the better part of three hours, periodically dipping them in 35 degree water and putting them in front of an air conditioner. now have your same friend throw that same football, only this time, dip it in cold water first.

I can pretty much assure you that there will be a difference.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    It really comes down to a fairly simple mathematical formula.

First, you assign a numerical value to the specific weather condition on game day. Let's say, for example, a cold, rainy, windy day is assigned the value of 25.

Then, you take each team's score at the end of the game and multiply each by the weather variable.

The team with the higher number wins.
    So who has the higher number? I hope this system for predicting wins works better than your last one.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfandyno View Post
    If it has little affect on a game, why is the tendency to run more on wet windy colder days?

Try this, warm up your hands and have somebody throw you a dry football. Pretty easy, usually doesnt hurt.

now, expose your hands to 40 degree temps for the better part of three hours, periodically dipping them in 35 degree water and putting them in front of an air conditioner. now have your same friend throw that same football, only this time, dip it in cold water first.

Good thing somebody invented gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Good thing somebody invented gloves.
    try the same excersise with gloves. gloves will get wet just like hands. they will lock in the moisture. From what i understand, the gloves the receivers wear are for grip, not warmth.

try the same excersise with gloves. gloves will get wet just like hands. they will lock in the moisture. From what i understand, the gloves the receivers wear are for grip, not warmth.
    They are for grip, and they help especially with a wet ball which is what we are talking about. WRs already know a colder ball is harder and will adjust accordingly.

I was just pointing out that you were saying dip your bare hands in cold water etc, when many WRs wear gloves which helps catching a wet ball.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    How about this take. Rain and slippery conditions are a benefit to the offensive side and a detriment to the defensive side. The QB and WR know where the play is going. They can adjust their footing / pace before making a cut. The defense is reacting and usually has more problems with it.

Now, not saying we normally have the better offense, but without Hass and SA, I like our chances.
    I would tend to agree wih this, plus if conditions get real wet we have a HUGE advantage in Jackson and Davis vs Morris and Strong...we could pound the run, screen and short pass all day long. If Seattle runs a ton, which if they were smart they will, we HAVE to drop 7-8 in the box and stop that run at all costs. This game is winnable in wind and rain if played right.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It has an effect, but on both teams. The Seahawks don't have the market cornered on handling a wet field or a wet ball. And as far as 40 degree temps, once the game starts and everybody warms up, the temperature is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    They are for grip, and they help especially with a wet ball which is what we are talking about. WRs already know a colder ball is harder and will adjust accordingly.

I was just pointing out that you were saying dip your bare hands in cold water etc, when many WRs wear gloves which helps catching a wet ball.
    Well, technically, i didnt say "bare" hands, but your point is taken. i was merely saying that, when your hands get cold....gloves or not, catching something that is thrown at such a high velocity is like catching a rock. Hard to adjust to that.

Well, technically, i didnt say "bare" hands, but your point is taken. i was merely saying that, when your hands get cold....gloves or not, catching something that is thrown at such a high velocity is like catching a rock. Hard to adjust to that.
    Sure it's harder, but these guys have been doing this for their whole career. I don't think it's as big a factor as it's being made out to be.

Not saying it will be a huge factor, but a factor none the less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12