Rambos is offline Registered User

How do we, where do we, who do we….

Keep, Sign, draft too, rebuild this defense.

I thought we had improved our LB, I thought we had finally started to see the D-line play like the first round draft pick's that they are. I thought we had added youth to an ok secondary. Not sure we have one starter besides Butler. Furrey is getting better not sure he is the answer in the long run.

I know we need to change the D coordinator, but how many of these guys are back next year and where do we start?

Maybe we start with Fisher as our head coach, if Martz does not come back.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: How do we, where do we, who do we….

I don't want Martz back period! He is a control freak and He should have done a lot more with this team. I would say 75% of his picks sucked. He did have some good ones, but not near as many bad. But that is my view and maybe he didn't make any of the picks. I wasn't there on draft day of the past! But his wild plays and displays of clock management and so on have become old, not only with me, But in the league itself! The Rams have become so predictable and teams can get past them much easier now. Martz needs to reinvent himself or something. Not here though, he needs to move on and so do the Fans!:clanram:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

I don't want Martz back period! He is a control freak and He should have done a lot more with this team. I would say 75% of his picks sucked. He did have some good ones, but not near as many bad. But that is my view and maybe he didn't make any of the picks. I wasn't there on draft day of the past! But his wild plays and displays of clock management and so on have become old, not only with me, But in the league itself! The Rams have become so predictable and teams can get past them much easier now. Martz needs to reinvent himself or something. Not here though, he needs to move on and so do the Fans!
    That being said, what about the D! What do we do now?

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Post Re: How do we, where do we, who do we….

if martz goes that doesnt fix our defense and if martz goes our team will change dramatically and just because you have a new coach doesnt always mean success remember new doesnt equal good
    Torry Holt Dont play that

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

But, hasnt he had at least 4 years to get a defense in here!...............and if you tell me that Lovie had full control of the situation i'd have to remind you on how his other defenses have done Bucs & Bears!.........If he had total control don't you think he'd of had a Defense to die for here in St.Louis?..................MM i'm sure had the last say on every move this team has made somewhat!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    But, hasnt he had at least 4 years to get a defense in here!...............and if you tell me that Lovie had full control of the situation i'd have to remind you on how his other defenses have done Bucs & Bears!.........If he had total control don't you think he'd of had a Defense to die for here in St.Louis?..................MM i'm sure had the last say on every move this team has made somewhat!
    Lovie did some good things here, but he had his share of mistakes as well......Duncan > Fletcher.....what?!?!?

However, not to step in tx's boots, but when the biggest contracts are tied up in offensive players, there was only so much Lovie (or anyone for that matter) could have done with the defense. Neither TB nor Chicago have/had as many large contracts on the offense as we do/did.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

So I still need to know where we go from here, what are the needs. I think that we have so many it's time to blow up the D and start over. How many guys are keepers. Pickett, Butler and Tino any one else..starter not back ups.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    So I still need to know where we go from here, what are the needs. I think that we have so many it's time to blow up the D and start over. How many guys are keepers. Pickett, Butler and Tino any one else..starter not back ups.
    I'd love to keep Pickett, though I'm sure someone not named Shaw or Zygmunt will gladly pay him the $4 mil/year he's wanting. The rest of the defense would have to be decided by the new DC......which is assumed. If Marmie is still the DC next season, then changes don't really matter. Same DC, same results.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

If Marmie is still the DC next season
    Then an angry mob will be forced to raid Ram Park.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.