View Poll Results: How do you feel about Martz?

Voters
792. You may not vote on this poll
  • This should be his last year as the Rams' coach.

88 11.11%
  • If the team can't win at least four of their last 5, he should go.

10 1.26%
  • Give him one more year.

43 5.43%
  • Keep him, but make him replace Marmie.

327 41.29%
  • He's not doing a very good job, but there's nobody better out there.

56 7.07%
  • He's not the problem.

268 33.84%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How do you feel about Martz now?

Has your opinion changed?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: How do you feel about Martz now?

No, this defense started going south last year and it's just continued. Martz has at least another year so it's no use to even complain about him yet.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

This is the easiest poll yet. The problem starts with a M-A-R, but doesn't end with Z-T. Try M-I-E.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

No..he only brought his GOOD PAL MARMIE in...as well as MOST of the players who cant tackle. Lets not forget the smooth game management and draft 'experiments' on offense. Oh...almost failed to mention the 4+ years of QUALITY SPECIAL TEAMS...that was Bobby Aprils fault right...the Buffalo fans really hate April. How about preparing the team for games vs league underlings. Just keep pluggin that head into the sand Stevie Wonder.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    The problem starts with a M-A-R, but doesn't end with Z-T.
    Even if Martz was the problem, your statement would still be correct.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

the presonel on this team does not match the offensive scheme. Sorry guys but it's time for a big change. Otherwise don't bash me when I let out my OP's or my rants. I love this team but I also play poker and I know when I'M " being, not been " had! A complete overhaul would be stupid , But a new trany and a couple belts and some tires might be in order! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Bulger Buddy is offline Registered User

Martz is a genius, and like all geniuses they will be scrutinized.

that is a simple fact...
    BULGER BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    the presonel on this team does not match the offensive scheme.
    How do you figure? We have a gunslinger QB with an amazingly quick release, we have great depth at receiver allowing us to go four wide early and often, and we have two running backs that are both capable receivers. I think the only problem on offense is the line. Other than that, I think we're set.

RamTime Guest

I think the question should be, "How do you feel about your assesment of Martz over the past 4 years now?" Could it be that we were following the wrong God home? That -gasp- Martz is not the genius many crafted him to be? That Maybe the alarmists were right? Look at how many good players have fallen and signed with other teams.

Martz is a better coach now then he was 4,3,2,1 years ago. I think most of us have acknowledged this. I toiled to expose the waste that was being inflicted by not winning and not going to the superbowl with the superior talented teams he was afforded. Now quite frankly I just don't expect a whole hell of a lot out of the Rams because our talent is gone now. So ye who just don't understand it, ask yourself. Had the rams canned his butt when it would have mattered don't you think we may have won more superbowls? To say no. Is to say that only Martz knows how to run a downfield passing attack with superior talent. I say you got to be smoking something if you do not think a different coach would have yielded better results. What boggles the mind is to see some people still stroking their chins trying to figure it out. As for now all we can do is hope for improvement of less then quality players and some luck going our way. We have the comfy NFC west to play in so there is a good start as far as luck. There is no sense in sounding the alarm either because anyone with a nose for the game left the Martz building when it was a blazing inferno years ago.

thoey is offline Registered User

Ramtime, well said...
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Had the rams canned his butt when it would have mattered
    And when, exactly, do you propose that was?

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    To say no. Is to say that only Martz knows how to run a downfield passing attack with superior talent. I say you got to be smoking something if you do not think a different coach would have yielded better results.
    Yes, because the offensive playbook is just mailed to Rams Park every season by a mystery man out of Alaska. Martz has nothing to do with crafting the offensive scheme that has made this offense a dangerous downfield passing attack.

PTHOR is offline Registered User

Martz aint even close to being a genious, he's a usefull idiot that has very limited coaching skills and should be comfined and limited to Offensive Coordinator, How many Playoff and Regular season games do we have to lose (That's assuming we make the playoffs) before the rest of you realize he's batting out of his league?

We have the potential with our caliber of players to be the best in the NFL since 99 and look at us !!! :ramlogo:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So what would it have been like had Martz not be brought on board? Let's take a look shall we.

First, Kurt Warner would never have been a Ram. It was Martz that pushed for that not Vermeil.

Tony Banks would still be our QB. Vermeil wanted to stick with him and was convinced otherwise by Martz.

Faulk would never have worn a Rams jersey. It was Martz who as OC convinced the FO that Faulk was the best back for the Rams offense.

Torry Holt would not be here. He was another of Martz' selections and not Vermeil.

Bruce would have been gone. He and Vermeil had problems with each other (as the media picked up on), but Martz again convinced him that Bruce had to be on the roster for this offense to work.

There's five examples that all came from one interview that Miklasz posted last year. That's one interview.

I'm not saying Martz is a genius. I'm not saying he is even a great head coach. I AM saying that we need to give the guy some credit when it comes to the accomplishments that this team has had.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

lakerams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulger Buddy
    Martz is a genius, and like all geniuses they will be scrutinized.

that is a simple fact...
    if Martz is a genius, then why has the offense gone south?

PTHOR is offline Registered User

I think he's refering to the game Scrabble? He's a genious at double and tripple word score I've heard...

I'll give Martz some credit for at least a couple of those (Unprovable "facts") and then send him packing!
    Last edited by PTHOR; -11-30-2004 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Add to post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast