Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How do you spell Suck?

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Re: How do you spell Suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    The obvious reason is that McDaniels has lost the offensive side of the team. They are frustrated and confused and they have now lost what little confidence they ever had in this guy. Look at the defense. You don't see the same dysfuntion becuase that is run by spags.
    It's also because our offense is void of talent, besides Lloyd and an aging Steven Jackson.

Flajole is also in charge of the defense with ​Spags.

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I have deleted my picture albums and I am out of here (which I am sure that it will make many of you very happy). When the guy that runs the message board posts a thread like this, well, it is no longer the place for me.

Dez, take me off of the list for premium membership renewal, if I am still on there.
    Laters bro
    bradwill likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    It's also because our offense is void of talent, besides Lloyd and an aging Steven Jackson.

Flajole is also in charge of the defense with ​Spags.
    Shurmur got more out of this offense with same or even less talent.

Make no mistake - Spags is in charge of the defense. Flajole is the assistant - the token DC.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'm simply beyond depressed. I cannot believe we are this pathetic offensively. We are right back to square one with the injuries, lack of offensive cohesion and lack of toughness. As dissatisfied as I am with Spags, I'm even more so with McDaniels. He's shown me nothing. It is painfully obvious that Tom Brady made this guy. A truly good offensive coordinator can somehow find a way to compete and utilize the guys he has, especially when one is a top 5 running back, one is a good number 1 receiver (Lloyd) and one is a guy who was drafted to be a franchise QB. The offense this season has been a sh** show every week but one.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

I dunno if I can blame McDaniels for everything. Some are saying that Brady made McD but you gotta remember McD also turned Kyle Orton into a decent QB while in Denver. Too much inconsistency caused by injuries, no QB coach and Bradford in a sophomore slump.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I don't believe McDaniels was responsible for ignoring the huge talent gap at WR this past off-season or drafting turnstiles Smith and Saffold, or paying Jason Brown the highest contract for any NFL center in history.

I'll take it further and say that McDaniels shares some blame for Bradford regressing also, but AJ Frickin' Feeley had no trouble running the offense vs. the Saints. I don't think that Feeley has near the skill level of Bradford, but he sure picks up on how to play in McDaniels' offense a helluva lot faster than the guy taking all the 1st string snaps since Day 1 of the season.

If getting the most out of Bradford is throwing short of the 1st down marker, staring at one receiver and only being able to complete 5 yard passes, it's not a problem with the OC it's a QB issue. Fortunately, Bradford is still green and learning and can improve, but his best WR is Lloyd who is a UFA after this season and has shown that he's only really good when he's playing for Josh McDaniels. That means if McD goes, lloyd likely is going to sign elsewhere and leave the Rams yet again with the worst WR corps in the NFL bar none.
    supachump and RockinRam like this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    I dunno if I can blame McDaniels for everything. Some are saying that Brady made McD but you gotta remember McD also turned Kyle Orton into a decent QB while in Denver. Too much inconsistency caused by injuries, no QB coach and Bradford in a sophomore slump.
    Matt Cassels is probably sending some of his KC contract $$$ over to McDaniels too.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    Matt Cassels is probably sending some of his KC contract $$$ over to McDaniels too.
    Yep, totally forgot about Matt Cassel.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

HOW DO I SPELL SUCK?

S-A-M B-R-A-D-F-O-R-D.

Sorry, but now that we are past the halfway point in the year and having watched Brads stink it up for the eight games he's played, I can come to no other conclusion.

And some people seriously think that he has not regressed as a QB.. Heh!! Sam has 5 TD passed all year and Matt Stafford had 5 TODAY!!

... Sad, really.

WHAT SAY YE?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    J-o-s-h-M-c-D-a-n-i-e-l-s

This guy hasn't got a clue without Brady and the talent that surrounded him in NE.

Now, he is absolutely the worst OC in the history of OC's

Spags, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't fire this guy and the entire offensive coaching staff.
    Couldn't agree more. McDaniels was a flashy name to hire, but it's quite apparent now that his flavor of stew wasn't going to be made with the current ingredients. Hindsight being what it is, the Rams should have brought in another WCO guy with a system similar to what Shurmur ran and what Spags (and Bradford) are more familiar with.

IMO, toss McDaniels and find another WCO Coordinator. It will be Bradford's 3rd, but in a way it's simply going back to what he started last year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Couldn't agree more. McDaniels was a flashy name to hire, but it's quite apparent now that his flavor of stew wasn't going to be made with the current ingredients. Hindsight being what it is, the Rams should have brought in another WCO guy with a system similar to what Shurmur ran and what Spags (and Bradford) are more familiar with.

IMO, toss McDaniels and find another WCO Coordinator. It will be Bradford's 3rd, but in a way it's simply going back to what he started last year.
    McDaniel's is a proven OC who has coordinated top flight passing offenses with Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton behind Center.

Longing for a return to max protect, dink and dunk and check down isn't the answer. Bradford was drafted to be Brady, not Pat Haden. If he can't get it done in this offense, then the answer is get a better QB.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I have deleted my picture albums and I am out of here (which I am sure that it will make many of you very happy). When the guy that runs the message board posts a thread like this, well, it is no longer the place for me.

Dez, take me off of the list for premium membership renewal, if I am still on there.
    Sad to see Alpha but then you were talking about forearm-smashing people in the face for having the temerity to disagree with you a couple of weeks back. Which is an interesting approach to take on a discussion board.

The awful truth and it it is awful, is that this team sucks. We may not like it, we may try and disguise our disgust in witty well-wrought pieces that make us feel a little better about ourselves but ultimately, our team does suck and has continually sucked for a while now.

What makes the recurrent nightmare harder to work through is that, for a moment, for a period of around 6 months as we moved from 7-9, a losing season that seemed to hold some promise to a pre-season that confirmed it, we had genuine hope. The fact that this team has managed, once again, to completely betray that hope and do so, as the AZ game, in ever more bizarre ways just makes me less willing to try and dress it up to make it any more palatable to me or to you. I see no reason why I should, my passion isn't any less than yours and my hurt no less deep and I'm no less a fan for saying that they suck or even that they are in fact, the very same old sorry-assed Rams that we've had to put it with for over a decade now.

So I see no reason for Dez to be any different either.

Spagnuolo will be fired because the product he's putting out on the field is pathetic, Devaney will likely as not follow as what we appear to need is a scourging of our complete organisation. I hadn't guessed that you would also be a casualty of the season but then it has been quite the train-wreck.
    RamDez, MoonJoe, Yodude and 8 others like this.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I don't know. I have a lot of thinking to do, but I can't help feel that this forum has changed for the radically worse this season. I won't pretend the offense is acceptable...but I'm not sure I can pretend some of the attitude around here makes me want to keep coming back.

I don't need a forum full of cheerleaders, but I also don't need a forum where I go from feeling bad about the game to feeling even worse. Something for me to think about I guess.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I don't know. I have a lot of thinking to do, but I can't help feel that this forum has changed for the radically worse this season. I won't pretend the offense is acceptable...but I'm not sure I can pretend some of the attitude around here makes me want to keep coming back.

I don't need a forum full of cheerleaders, but I also don't need a forum where I go from feeling bad about the game to feeling even worse. Something for me to think about I guess.
    When Linehan was around it was just as bad if not more so.

The only thing I've noticed get measurably worse in the last two to three years is the quantity of contributions from people whose contributions I personally value. Adarian, Ramsbruce, the other Jason (evildisco ;-)) and wraith to name but three. There's a kind of homogenous nature to the board these days, an orthodoxy that makes it a less interesting place to be and fires less real debate than it used to.

If you take a look around however you'll see that this merely reflects on how good this board was rather than how much better any other boards are because they aren't.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Honestly, I think it's a lot worse than the Linehan years. Maybe it's because I'm more attached to our current players than our former ones and it feels like people are turning on Bradford just like they turned on Bulger (pretty much the instant he took a snap really) and I'm starting to wonder if that's ever going to end...or if every time we draft a QB we're going to have the same "conversation."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast