throwback week

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How do you spell Suck?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: How do you spell Suck?

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    McDaniel's is a proven OC who has coordinated top flight passing offenses with Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton behind Center.

Longing for a return to max protect, dink and dunk and check down isn't the answer. Bradford was drafted to be Brady, not Pat Haden. If he can't get it done in this offense, then the answer is get a better QB.
    Amen, brother!! I'm not about paying $70 million for a QB that dinks and dunks like a little girl.

If that is all he can do then it is time to admit that we made a colossal mistake and we need to move in a different direction sooner rather than later.

Sam Bradford has regressed as a NFL-quality QB. That is a fact. The question that remains is is this the best he'll ever be or can he improve himself and become a legit QB?

He has got 6 more games to start showing something....

WHAT SAY YE?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Honestly, I think it's a lot worse than the Linehan years. Maybe it's because I'm more attached to our current players than our former ones and it feels like people are turning on Bradford just like they turned on Bulger (pretty much the instant he took a snap really) and I'm starting to wonder if that's ever going to end...or if every time we draft a QB we're going to have the same "conversation."
    Whilst I'm not going to jump on the 'Trade Bradford' train quite yet as I'm not sure any other QB could stand behind our o-line and do any better, I am beginning to wonder whether last season was a careful choreography that masked some fundamental flaws in Bradford's game. I think this is a valid question given his level of play and bar one or two of the more egregiously impatient comments, all I've detected thus far are people asking exactly that.

I'd be surprised, given his regression, if Bradford wasn't doubting himself just a touch at the moment, given what I've seen on the field it looks as if he is.

And the Linehan years saw SLOP and all the poison that came with it, frankly I'm amazed we haven't seen something similar for Spags as yet and I can only conclude that things are just so awful on this occasion that we just can't be bothered.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I don't know. I have a lot of thinking to do, but I can't help feel that this forum has changed for the radically worse this season. I won't pretend the offense is acceptable...but I'm not sure I can pretend some of the attitude around here makes me want to keep coming back.

I don't need a forum full of cheerleaders, but I also don't need a forum where I go from feeling bad about the game to feeling even worse. Something for me to think about I guess.
    I think the issue could be the constant losing year after year after year is the root causal of what you describe. I believe that the natives are getting very restless and it is simply time for something to go right with this organization. Hope springs eternal but each and every year, it seems our hope turns to dust in the wind. Can you really blame folks for venting their disgust with the product on the field that is perpetually lousy?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

To me, it's perfectly fine to question a player's ability (bradford included) but it's the attitude people are doing it with. Every other post is "BRADFORD SUX!" with varying degrees of other stuff thrown in. That's not a discussion, or questioning, that's acting like the drunk guy that sits behind you at any random football game.

You say you think actual debate here is dying, I would agree. I think that because whenever anyone tries to disagree with the above statement we get shouted down with "STOP MAKING EXCUSES!" That's not a conversation. At best it's a shouting match.
    Agrajag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I think the issue could be the constant losing year after year after year is the root causal of what you describe. I believe that the natives are getting very restless and it is simply time for something to go right with this organization. Hope springs eternal but each and every year, it seems our hope turns to dust in the wind. Can you really blame folks for venting their disgust with the product on the field that is perpetually lousy?

I don't blame people for being frustrated. I don't blame people for questioning coaches (as I have done) but people aren't even really doing that of late. Lately it seems like it's all just "sky is falling, everyone is awful, anyone who disagrees is stupid."

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    And the Linehan years saw SLOP and all the poison that came with it, frankly I'm amazed we haven't seen something similar for Spags as yet and I can only conclude that things are just so awful on this occasion that we just can't be bothered.
    I'm fairly certain that Dez is working on a trademark for a new acronym as we speak...

I don't blame people for being frustrated. I don't blame people for questioning coaches (as I have done) but people aren't even really doing that of late. Lately it seems like it's all just "sky is falling, everyone is awful, anyone who disagrees is stupid."
    Yes, there does seem to be a bit of that. But, peel it away and there is still some good ol fashioned debate here and that is IMO, still a worthy prospect in terms of sticking around. We will get through tis and over time, the ones that cannot back up thier comments will be gone. For me, I do enjoy your comments and hope to keep seeing them

Maybe you're right. I'm just in an off mood after the game today and then seeing all these posts. I certainly am not in a jump the forum state of mind right now, but I am questioning some stuff around here right now.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Sad to see Alpha but then you were talking about forearm-smashing people in the face for having the temerity to disagree with you a couple of weeks back. Which is an interesting approach to take on a discussion board.

The awful truth and it it is awful, is that this team sucks. We may not like it, we may try and disguise our disgust in witty well-wrought pieces that make us feel a little better about ourselves but ultimately, our team does suck and has continually sucked for a while now.

What makes the recurrent nightmare harder to work through is that, for a moment, for a period of around 6 months as we moved from 7-9, a losing season that seemed to hold some promise to a pre-season that confirmed it, we had genuine hope. The fact that this team has managed, once again, to completely betray that hope and do so, as the AZ game, in ever more bizarre ways just makes me less willing to try and dress it up to make it any more palatable to me or to you. I see no reason why I should, my passion isn't any less than yours and my hurt no less deep and I'm no less a fan for saying that they suck or even that they are in fact, the very same old sorry-assed Rams that we've had to put it with for over a decade now.

So I see no reason for Dez to be any different either.

Spagnuolo will be fired because the product he's putting out on the field is pathetic, Devaney will likely as not follow as what we appear to need is a scourging of our complete organisation. I hadn't guessed that you would also be a casualty of the season but then it has been quite the train-wreck.

Outstanding post. Cannot argue with a thing you said. Genuine hope has long been replaced by yet another collective kick in the teeth. Fans who have put up with so much for so long are lashing out- and rightfully so. I think what really galls fans is the feeling that despite the high draft picks, despite the hiring of "hot" coordinators Spagnuolo and McDaniels, despite the presence of a great back and supposed franchise QB, despite a new owner with deep pockets, despite the promise shown in a 7-9 record last year, despite a terrible division, the 2011 Rams are no closer to winning than they were 3 years ago. They are plagued by the same problems and ineptitude showcased for the better part of the decade. People have had enough.

Today's loss drove home one simple point to me- one which I had hoped wouldn't happen but nonetheless absolutely must: We're going to see yet another huge overhaul at season's end. Spags is gone. Devaney more than likely will be gone. A number of other coaches on staff will be looking for work. And obviously, the roster will be re-tooled. We can sit here and recite chapter and verse about the misfortune the Rams have suffered- the tough early schedule, the injuries, the lost off-season, et. al, but there is no way any clear thinking owner who chooses to make a profit and see a winning product will stick with the status quo. And when you see the emergence of the ***** out of the ashes, that makes the sense of urgency to do something that much greater.

I'd like to be positive. But this team has done little to engender fan happiness or content. Every season is one long gut-ache. Anyone thinking this board or any other is going to be filled with pie-in-the-sky, "smile, you're a champion", "better days lie ahead" drivel will surely be disappointed from this point forward. Think about it- we've regressed SO MUCH and gotten SO ACCUSTOMED to losing, that people were absolutely giddy we beat Cleveland by a point- and were offended when others weren't fooled by the ugliness and good fortune associated with the win. Today's pathetic exhibition just drove home the reality of how bad we really are and how far we have to go.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Couldn't agree more. McDaniels was a flashy name to hire, but it's quite apparent now that his flavor of stew wasn't going to be made with the current ingredients. Hindsight being what it is, the Rams should have brought in another WCO guy with a system similar to what Shurmur ran and what Spags (and Bradford) are more familiar with.

IMO, toss McDaniels and find another WCO Coordinator. It will be Bradford's 3rd, but in a way it's simply going back to what he started last year.
    So how many head coaches, OC or DC do the Rams need to fire before a fan mentions a player should take some responsibility for doing their frickin job and being part of the problem? It was Martz, Marmie, Linehan, Spags and now McDaniel? So every coach hired by the Rams stinks? Oh, ok.
    RAMarkable and Agrajag like this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Maybe you're right. I'm just in an off mood after the game today and then seeing all these posts. I certainly am not in a jump the forum state of mind right now, but I am questioning some stuff around here right now.
    That's why usually after we lose, I post, and then take a break for the rest of the day to get more level-headed. Then I come back the next day, and I am reminded of how bad we are playing, namely the offense.

to be honest, I started this thread as a joke.

But it shows how bad things are when its taken as serious. I suppose I am at fault regarding my recent history of posts so there you go.

I have always been known as a SJD (slack jawed dribbler) when it comes to the Rams but to be honest, I just dont have any drool left for them. At the start of last nights game, the Rams came out and the D played their hearts out. Other than the one TD from Bradford our O just sucks. So maybe I should have quantified the original post by focusing on that side of the ball instead of the blunderbust post

Jack, I dont delete accounts. The Premium membeship no longer is in place and if it gets taken off your Pay Pal, it will auto refund.

Oh and one last thing ................. The Rams plain out SUCK. Deal with it. Does that mean I am not following the Rams or throwing my toys out of the pram? NO, I will ALWAYS be a RAMS FAN but that should not keep me from saying a simple FACT. The Rams (as they stand just now) SUCK.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    So how many head coaches, OC or DC do the Rams need to fire before a fan mentions a player should take some responsibility for doing their frickin job and being part of the problem? It was Martz, Marmie, Linehan, Spags and now McDaniel? So every coach hired by the Rams stinks? Oh, ok.
    ---sigh--- Now that we have the hyperbole out of the way, we can take a look at the actual discussion. The question: why has the offense regressed?

The answer: McDaniels brought in an offense that relies on spread isolated routes that move the ball vertically. That requires receivers that can gain separation downfield. Lacking that aspect, the O-line has to hold their blocks longer. Failing to do that, Bradford takes more hits. The result: A sophomore QB with no weapons in an ill-timed offense taking more hits; the makings of a disaster.

Fix 1: Keep McDaniels. Draft a new QB, draft new OTs, draft new WRs. That should only take the next 3 or 4 drafts, if done perfect. Dump Bradford and live in cap hell for the next few years.

Fix 2: Dump McDaniels. Bring the WCO back.

And a final point on the WCO, or as some have incorrectly dubbed the "dink and dunk like a little girl" offense. Ken Anderson, Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre.......all WCO quarterbacks.

Sam Bradford (McD offense) - 55.3%; 1,587 yards; 4/4; 72.6 rating
    Colt McCoy (WCO) - 58.8%; 1,982 yards; 10/6; 78.2 rating
    Alex Smith (WCO) - 64.0%; 1,709 yards; 11/3; 95.8 rating

Would anyone really make the argument that McCoy and Smith are better QBs than Bradford? Because if so, you are the only one making that argument. Or is it more reasonable to conclude their OC is smart enough to fit the offense to the pieces supplied?

And a final, final point......Brady? Really? Tom Brady was Tom Brady long before McDaniels showed up and continues to be Tom Brady long after McDaniels has left. Josh McDaniels did not make Tom Brady.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Outstanding post. Cannot argue with a thing you said. Genuine hope has long been replaced by yet another collective kick in the teeth. Fans who have put up with so much for so long are lashing out- and rightfully so. I think what really galls fans is the feeling that despite the high draft picks, despite the hiring of "hot" coordinators Spagnuolo and McDaniels, despite the presence of a great back and supposed franchise QB, despite a new owner with deep pockets, despite the promise shown in a 7-9 record last year, despite a terrible division, the 2011 Rams are no closer to winning than they were 3 years ago. They are plagued by the same problems and ineptitude showcased for the better part of the decade. People have had enough.

Today's loss drove home one simple point to me- one which I had hoped wouldn't happen but nonetheless absolutely must: We're going to see yet another huge overhaul at season's end. Spags is gone. Devaney more than likely will be gone. A number of other coaches on staff will be looking for work. And obviously, the roster will be re-tooled. We can sit here and recite chapter and verse about the misfortune the Rams have suffered- the tough early schedule, the injuries, the lost off-season, et. al, but there is no way any clear thinking owner who chooses to make a profit and see a winning product will stick with the status quo. And when you see the emergence of the ***** out of the ashes, that makes the sense of urgency to do something that much greater.

I'd like to be positive. But this team has done little to engender fan happiness or content. Every season is one long gut-ache. Anyone thinking this board or any other is going to be filled with pie-in-the-sky, "smile, you're a champion", "better days lie ahead" drivel will surely be disappointed from this point forward. Think about it- we've regressed SO MUCH and gotten SO ACCUSTOMED to losing, that people were absolutely giddy we beat Cleveland by a point- and were offended when others weren't fooled by the ugliness and good fortune associated with the win. Today's pathetic exhibition just drove home the reality of how bad we really are and how far we have to go.
    Ok. I will be positive. I am positive that at this point, it cannot get any worse for the Rams organization. Why? Here goes.

1) We have a new owner. I have dreamed of this for over 20 years. I am positive that our new owner will not let this junk stay on the field. NJ's point on the emergence of the Whiners is spot on. We need to do whatever we need to do to get competitive NOW. From what I can gather, our new owner is a winner. I have to believe he has a plan. I do not think that you woul dspend the type of money he did to be satisfied with current state of Rams football.

2) We do have talent on the roster. We are not deep. We seem to not do well at assessing talent given our top O line picks but overall, we do have talent scattered around. Enough to be better then we are right now evem with injuries.

3) Whiners with no real talent upgrade, are 9-1. They did change Coaching staff and put together a gameplan that complimented the talent on the roster. Is Alex Smith really a great QB? No, but he is flourishing in an offense that does not ask him to do more then he can. What do you think of whiners roster talent v. rams. Whiners ahd not been to playoffs since 2002. A new coach has them already looking at first round bye. Do we have similar talent on our roster to make this type of turnaround?

Here is how I see Rams current roster:

QB is solid and will be good when the OC understands how to develop proper game plan
    RB is SJ but we do need hier apparent
    OL is a question mark but we do have Dahl Goldberg and Wragge. All seem solid. The 64,000 is what to do with Smith and Saffold.
    WR we have talent there ifd we can get everyone back healthy. Blackmon seems to be real deal if we can get him
    DL Long and Quinn look to be great book ends. Need some youth in middle
    LB's J Lau on the verge of being a star others not so much
    Safeties/CB's if we get most of the guy's back healthy and ready to go, we are certainly servicable here.

Yesterday's game was one more specatacle of Rams football gone very bad. But, with right coaching staff and philosophy that fits the roster, are we really that far off from not looking like Laurel and Hardy?
    Agrajag likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast