Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How do you spell Suck?

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Re: How do you spell Suck?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    ---sigh--- Now that we have the hyperbole out of the way, we can take a look at the actual discussion. The question: why has the offense regressed?

The answer: McDaniels brought in an offense that relies on spread isolated routes that move the ball vertically. That requires receivers that can gain separation downfield. Lacking that aspect, the O-line has to hold their blocks longer. Failing to do that, Bradford takes more hits. The result: A sophomore QB with no weapons in an ill-timed offense taking more hits; the makings of a disaster.

Fix 1: Keep McDaniels. Draft a new QB, draft new OTs, draft new WRs. That should only take the next 3 or 4 drafts, if done perfect. Dump Bradford and live in cap hell for the next few years.

Fix 2: Dump McDaniels. Bring the WCO back.

And a final point on the WCO, or as some have incorrectly dubbed the "dink and dunk like a little girl" offense. Ken Anderson, Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre.......all WCO quarterbacks.

Sam Bradford (McD offense) - 55.3%; 1,587 yards; 4/4; 72.6 rating
    Colt McCoy (WCO) - 58.8%; 1,982 yards; 10/6; 78.2 rating
    Alex Smith (WCO) - 64.0%; 1,709 yards; 11/3; 95.8 rating

Would anyone really make the argument that McCoy and Smith are better QBs than Bradford? Because if so, you are the only one making that argument. Or is it more reasonable to conclude their OC is smart enough to fit the offense to the pieces supplied?

And a final, final point......Brady? Really? Tom Brady was Tom Brady long before McDaniels showed up and continues to be Tom Brady long after McDaniels has left. Josh McDaniels did not make Tom Brady.
    I so have to agree with this, and people can say that I'm just living in denial but I don't want to see another 3-4 years thrown into rebuilding based on what we see today ...

Yes, they have to get better, but this team simply has to take a look a long hard and serious look at what is working and what isn't and make the adjustments. There's no more starting all over again, pushing it under the rug and expecting fans to sit tight through another lengthy rebuild.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is no fresh start on a decade of suck

Finally, and I know there's no love for the Niners in here, but I have to give a special nod to your acknowledgement of the quarterback who dinked and dunked like a little girl to four super bowl wins.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    I so have to agree with this, and people can say that I'm just living in denial but I don't want to see another 3-4 years thrown into rebuilding based on what we see today ...

Yes, they have to get better, but this team simply has to take a look a long hard and serious look at what is working and what isn't and make the adjustments. There's no more starting all over again, pushing it under the rug and expecting fans to sit tight through another lengthy rebuild.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is no fresh start on a decade of suck

Finally, and I know there's no love for the Niners in here, but I have to give a special nod to your acknowledgement of the quarterback who dinked and dunked like a little girl to four super bowl wins.
    Your spot on in my book. I applaud Spags for trying to take us to the next level on offense. I also thought it would be a good thing, expanding the offense for this season, after last seasons showing from Bradford.? But its square pegs, round holes in my opinion.? The team never had the personal to make this scheme work. Going forward, no matter what the fans think, this is going to be Sam Bradford's team, so the team needs to make every effort to make things easier for him. ?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

What makes 3-4 more years of rebuilding more unattractive than what we're currently seeing?? We see bad football week after week. I don't believe rebuilding is necessary. We have some pieces- Laurinaitis, Bradford, Long, Quinn, Bartell, Amendola, Lloyd, Jackson, Kendricks, Jones, Brown, many others- I don't buy this "lack of talent" crap across the board. The statement is applicable in some areas, complete nonsense in others.

I strongly believe if a guy like Jeff Fisher came in here he'd win right away, not only because he's a good coach who knows what the hell he's doing, but because he'd instill a toughness on this team that is sorely needed.
    live4ramin and laram0 like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

NO WCO. In the NFL you never get solid separation from your WRs so stop demanding it for success. The Titans were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL. They are 5-5 and Johnson is playing horribly. Don't make excuses for not winning. Nate Washington is their #1 receiver, he's no better than Lloyd.

Spags is a great defensive coordinator, I think he has the defense in place to succeed long term. Sadly I think he'll be gone and a new defensive minded head coach will replace him. I hope he's as good as Spags on defense.

Devaney is gone. He's not Stan's guy and Stan will want to bring in someone of his choosing.

Not sure about McDaniel. Up to Stan and his friends. I'm VERY disappointed, wasn't as high on him prior to the season as most and wouldn't be upset if he was fired or kept. I keep thinking about the lack of an offseason to install his system. Plus the Rams added 2 WRs mid-season. But he needs to make adjustments to get the most out of Bradford. Bradford STINKS right now but I know he's not that bad of a QB. Scratching my head.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    What makes 3-4 more years of rebuilding more unattractive than what we're currently seeing?? We see bad football week after week. I don't believe rebuilding is necessary. We have some pieces- Laurinaitis, Bradford, Long, Quinn, Bartell, Amendola, Lloyd, Jackson, Kendricks, Jones, Brown, many others- I don't buy this "lack of talent" crap across the board. The statement is applicable in some areas, complete nonsense in others.

I strongly believe if a guy like Jeff Fisher came in here he'd win right away, not only because he's a good coach who knows what the hell he's doing, but because he'd instill a toughness on this team that is sorely needed.
    The Rams have been under .500 for a number of years now. That's not a lack of talent? Give me a break. Of course there are some decent players on the team but a few key areas need to be addressed. A new coach will want his own guys. That's the way it goes. So a new coach does equal a rebuild whether you like it or not. The ***** and the Rams are 2 completely different situations.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

NO WCO. In the NFL you never get solid separation from your WRs so stop demanding it for success. The Titans were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL. They are 5-5 and Johnson is playing horribly. Don't make excuses for not winning. Nate Washington is their #1 receiver, he's no better than Lloyd
    Because Palmer and Munchak are willing and able to adapt their offense. McDaniels and Spags have yet to show that.

And why the resistance to the WCO?
    WCO Rams: 7-9
    McD Rams: 2-8
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Because Palmer and Munchak are willing and able to adapt their offense. McDaniels and Spags have yet to show that.

And why the resistance to the WCO?
    WCO Rams: 7-9
    McD Rams: 2-8
    You're right. They definitely should change something, because what were trying now obviously isn't working. But that 7-9 stat is overrated, especially when you look at the teams we played.
    Last edited by laram0; -11-21-2011 at 08:31 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    The Rams have been under .500 for a number of years now. That's not a lack of talent? Give me a break. Of course there are some decent players on the team but a few key areas need to be addressed. A new coach will want his own guys. That's the way it goes. So a new coach does equal a rebuild whether you like it or not. The ***** and the Rams are 2 completely different situations.

You said nothing here to refute my post. The Rams have no less talent than a dozen other teams in football with better records. There are enough pieces on this football team where they should be better than they are. Did Raheem Morris rebuild? Jim Harbaugh? Hell, Pete Carroll is 4-6 with a team completely devoid of talent and Tavaris Jackson at QB. A new coach does not automatically mean a team will be lousy for the next 3-4 years.
    majorram and laram0 like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You're right. They definitely should change something, because what were trying now obviously isn't working. But that 7-9 stat is overrated, especially when you look at the teams we played.
    There's no excuse for our 2-8 record this season.

We've played 5 teams with a less than .500 winning percentage.

Eagles (4-6)
    Redskins (3-7)
    Cardinals (3-7)
    Browns (4-6)
    Seahawks (4-6)

We have 1 win against these teams. Unacceptable!!!
    RamDez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's no excuse for our 2-8 record this season.

We've played 5 teams with a less than .500 winning percentage.

Eagles (4-6)
    Redskins (3-7)
    Cardinals (3-7)
    Browns (4-6)
    Seahawks (4-6)

We have 1 win against these teams. Unacceptable!!!
    I agree 100%.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

What if we brought back the equipment guy? Think that might help?
    RamDez likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

---sigh--- Now that we have the hyperbole out of the way, we can take a look at the actual discussion. The question: why has the offense regressed?

The answer: McDaniels brought in an offense that relies on spread isolated routes that move the ball vertically. That requires receivers that can gain separation downfield. Lacking that aspect, the O-line has to hold their blocks longer. Failing to do that, Bradford takes more hits. The result: A sophomore QB with no weapons in an ill-timed offense taking more hits; the makings of a disaster.

Fix 1: Keep McDaniels. Draft a new QB, draft new OTs, draft new WRs. That should only take the next 3 or 4 drafts, if done perfect. Dump Bradford and live in cap hell for the next few years.

Fix 2: Dump McDaniels. Bring the WCO back.

And a final point on the WCO, or as some have incorrectly dubbed the "dink and dunk like a little girl" offense. Ken Anderson, Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway, Brett Favre.......all WCO quarterbacks.

Sam Bradford (McD offense) - 55.3%; 1,587 yards; 4/4; 72.6 rating
    Colt McCoy (WCO) - 58.8%; 1,982 yards; 10/6; 78.2 rating
    Alex Smith (WCO) - 64.0%; 1,709 yards; 11/3; 95.8 rating

Would anyone really make the argument that McCoy and Smith are better QBs than Bradford? Because if so, you are the only one making that argument. Or is it more reasonable to conclude their OC is smart enough to fit the offense to the pieces supplied?

And a final, final point......Brady? Really? Tom Brady was Tom Brady long before McDaniels showed up and continues to be Tom Brady long after McDaniels has left. Josh McDaniels did not make Tom Brady.
    Nice post!

You put some good logic into this madness and I agree about the WCO.

Like what you said about hindsight. I bet spags wishes he could hit the reset button now that he has endured all the unforseen circumstance.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Did Raheem Morris rebuild? Jim Harbaugh? Hell, Pete Carroll is 4-6 with a team completely devoid of talent and Tavaris Jackson at QB. A new coach does not automatically mean a team will be lousy for the next 3-4 years.
    Pete Carroll gets to play the Rams twice a year and maybe Bradford isn't as good as Jackson. Looked that way yesterday.

Jim Harbaugh inherited a team that played an over the top consevative brand of offensive football under it's last two head coaches. The ***** now have a more balanced attack which has helped Alex Smith. Completely different situation.

And just for the record, if Bradford can only operate in a WCO, he better be returning 75% of that salary of his (80 million).

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    And just for the record, if Bradford can only operate in a WCO, he better be returning 75% of that salary of his (80 million).
    Bradford can only operate in the WCO right now, but it's not to do with Bradford's ability. It's to do with the fact the OL can only hold their blocks for like two seconds at most. It's probably unfair due to injuries, but if anyone is to be returning their salary, then it's Jason Smith, Rodger Saffold and Jason Brown.

However what is unfair is leaving Bradford back there to be preyed on by pass rushers like Chris Clemons. We are lucky so far that Bradford hasn't been cleaned out and given a concussion. I tell you now, it's going to be abaoslutely awful watching Justin Smith of the Niners. The guy has been a monster all year and I am dreading seeing him go against this OL. McDaniels and Loney's scouting will probably leave Smith one on one with Jacob Bell or something like that
    HUbison likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast