View Poll Results: How will 2014 turn out for Sam Bradford?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • It all comes together this year. 4K yards, 95+ passer rating, playoffs, Pro Bowl

2 5.00%
  • He plays well and the team benefits. 85+ passer rating. 10 wins or more.

22 55.00%
  • Conventional wisdom fails. Sam puts up big numbers, but team is .500.

10 25.00%
  • More of what we've seen. Decent stats, nothing special, 7-8 wins.

5 12.50%
  • Sam regresses. Fans calling for Sean Hill to save season.

0 0%
  • Sam can't stay healthy. Hill's play as backup show that Sam is expendable.

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How do you think Sam Bradford will do this year?

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: How do you think Sam Bradford will do this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maybe there aren't as many as we think? Poll's been open 7 hours, and 21 of 22 voters have Sam playing either well enough for a potential playoff run or putting up big/career numbers. Let's see how this plays out.

Nope I'm here! I picked "More of what we've seen. Decent stats, nothing special, 7-8 wins." although we may get more wins than 7-8 based on what the defense does, not the offense...
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

general counsel is offline Registered User

He will do as well as the offensive line and the running game permit him to do. If we get solid offensive line play, this will be the breakout year. If we dont, it will be a problem again. The qb is not a savoir, he cant do it on his own. I have no doubt that with the appropriate tools sammy will be a star. No reason to believe that he cant deliver the kind of numbers he was delivering before the injury last year. We are going to do a lot of damage this year down the field off play action after we crank up the running game.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Just hope that he will do well is all that you hope. Winning the NFL Comeback Player of the year. As this is a huge contract year.
    October Skies!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I see Bradford having big numbers between the 20's but redzone issues prevent a large number of TD passes. Also because of the NFC WEST that we play in I don't see us doing better than .500.

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong!
    I dunno about that. I'm pretty sure that the Rams red zone offense was best in the game last season before Sam went down. I believe the only times they went in the red zone and didn't score was a kneel down late in the game against Houston and a missed 4th down against Carolina

Randart is offline Registered User

I know we cannot base much on preseason but I am still not convinced we are ready for a run quite yet... I know we all want it so badly but we are so so young and play like it! That is the thing we are not poised as I would or was hoping we would be at this point. So far showing so many weaknesses it is kinda scary to me. As for Slingin' Sammy, 3 years into the same system now with the same OC that is has got to help the guy allot. But our Oh Line is such a crap shoot right now I don't know what to think of it, and our backup guys are whoa! I feel like I am on a ship at sea and it is rolling trying to play dice on deck, not sure what is going to come up next. We could be the cinderella team of the league or just a young team that is mistake ridden to the inth degree. If the O-Line cannot come together and block someone we are done so much rests on that it is hard to think of anything else. I actually like our young db's and even some of our young LB's but the biggest worry is the line on offense. All our hopes and Sam's too rest on those guys for sure... I voted number 3 in the end cause I just don't feel confident yet in the team as a whole.
    live4ramin likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    you do realize we went 7-9 last year, without Sam for 9 games and we were 1-5 against the NFC West?
    I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean? Please clarify.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I went with #3. I would have went with #2 but I can't picture 10 or more wins right now. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean? Please clarify.
    Just trying to get you motivated here to pick a higher option 7-9 last year with a 1-5 NFC West Record AND without Sammy for 9 games. I think getting him back is at least two more victories then last year !!
    laram0 likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I had to look twice to see if this post wasn't from 2012.
    MoonJoe likes this.
    "The horror"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Just trying to get you motivated here to pick a higher option 7-9 last year with a 1-5 NFC West Record AND without Sammy for 9 games. I think getting him back is at least two more victories then last year !!
    Believe me when I say...RAMS are in my heart but when polls are presented I go with my head or sometimes my gut. The NFC West is the toughest division in the NFL and that could be what holds us back. I would like nothing better than to see Bradford light up the league. I just haven't seen anything from him that makes me think that will happen. As I stated in another thread, he checks down way to much for my liking. I want to see him throw the ball down field a lot more often. With the emphasis on defensive penalties especially pertaining to the secondaries, down field throws have a lot better chance of producing positive plays whether it's a completion or a defensive penalty. It's time to put the pressure on the opposing secondaries.

Bottom line...GO RAMS!!!!

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

I dont know if the number of wins will depend on how well he plays. When the Patriots were really good they won 10 games without Tom Brady.

Bradford's numbers need to improve this year, especially in the YPA category and I think they will. If they dont improve then its time to start doubting him. I dont expect him to throw as many TDs as last year, but I do expect him to be more efficient getting the ball downfield with playaction passes.

So Im voting 12 wins and a QB rating of 95

emuen is offline Registered User

The team plays well and Bradford benefits. 80+ rating and 10 wins.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I went with option #2 not so much because of Sam, but rather that we're going to be a run first team and our OC tends to call a conservative type of game. Also I see more passing to our TE's and slot WR because they are becoming reliable targets. The WR's are likely going to be running more intermediate routes too. Bottom line, very good year with stats that fall just short of 4K and the Pro Bowl, but 10 wins to hopefully propel us into the playoffs.

Go Rams!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I always believe bradford can fit in option 1 with his talent...but with our playstyle (power run strong D) it really came down to option 2 or 3.

Voted for option 3 but hope it will be option 2...The reason for that decision is the teams we face 8 games are against playoff teams from a year ago and 2 games against a 10 win non playoff team...after our week 4 bye week we go through hell in the following 8 weeks.

Tough schedule tough division I think we finish anywhere between 7-9 wins...hoping for 9 and a playoff berth

mh-i is offline Registered User

It's year 5 for Sam. Make or break. Hopefully it's make. If he stays healthy he should have his best year. He was ranked as a Tier 3 average QB in the offseason. Rams fans of course rank him higher. Hopefully he shows that he deserves a higher rating but I will have to see it to believe it. We certainly haven't seen it yet. Because of that I went with option 4. I'd love to mark a higher ranking going in to next season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast