View Poll Results: How will 2014 turn out for Sam Bradford?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • It all comes together this year. 4K yards, 95+ passer rating, playoffs, Pro Bowl

2 5.00%
  • He plays well and the team benefits. 85+ passer rating. 10 wins or more.

22 55.00%
  • Conventional wisdom fails. Sam puts up big numbers, but team is .500.

10 25.00%
  • More of what we've seen. Decent stats, nothing special, 7-8 wins.

5 12.50%
  • Sam regresses. Fans calling for Sean Hill to save season.

0 0%
  • Sam can't stay healthy. Hill's play as backup show that Sam is expendable.

1 2.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How do you think Sam Bradford will do this year?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: How do you think Sam Bradford will do this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maybe there aren't as many as we think? Poll's been open 7 hours, and 21 of 22 voters have Sam playing either well enough for a potential playoff run or putting up big/career numbers. Let's see how this plays out.
    Good. I think it's safe to say most of us have Sam's back and are ALL in. Wherever Sam goes, this team goes.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Okay...

Here's a BONUS QUESTION.

How will Sam's performance in 2014 impact his future?

After this year, Sam will have one year remaining on his rookie contract. If the Rams were to release him at that point, it would only result in a cap hit of about $3.5M which, though not insubstantial, is manageable.

So, next offseason, the Rams will have many options. They could release Sam, try to trade him, let him play out the final year of his contract without trying to extend him, or try to sign him to a long-term extension.

Obviously, outcome #1 would likely result in a long-term extension.

Outcome #2 would either result in an extension or, at a minimum, an opportunity to earn a long term deal in 2015.

What about outcome #3? If Sam is a good "fantasy league" QB, but does not produce wins, will the Rams look for a spark by moving on to a new QB?

How about outcome #4? Will "more of the same" mean this is Sam's last year in St. Louis?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:32 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Believe me when I say...RAMS are in my heart but when polls are presented I go with my head or sometimes my gut. The NFC West is the toughest division in the NFL and that could be what holds us back. I would like nothing better than to see Bradford light up the league. I just haven't seen anything from him that makes me think that will happen. As I stated in another thread, he checks down way to much for my liking. I want to see him throw the ball down field a lot more often. With the emphasis on defensive penalties especially pertaining to the secondaries, down field throws have a lot better chance of producing positive plays whether it's a completion or a defensive penalty. It's time to put the pressure on the opposing secondaries.

Bottom line...GO RAMS!!!!
    Trust me, I can sense your loyalty no worries! And, I resonate with your thoughts! Thanks.....

Mac

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I've seen almost every game Sam has played as a Ram. His issue has always been awful WRs. He puts the ball on his receivers with amazing consistency. I have faith in him...but he's not the problem. If his receivers can play at a reliable level, Sam will have near elite QB numbers. The biggest concern (for me) is that porous looking defense. I see real problems coming. That high risk, blitz crazy concept will not bode well...especially if they continue to be so easily GASHED by the run. Week one, vs. Peterson, will set the tone for how this season will look. If the backbone of this defense remains as weak as it's looked in the first 2 games, Peterson could set a new single game rushing record in week 1. Unless that defense can 'flip a switch' (yeah, right)...IMO, this team has ZERO chance to win 10+ games.
    Flippin' Ram likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay...

Here's a BONUS QUESTION.

After this year, Sam will have one year remaining on his rookie contract. If the Rams were to release him at that point, it would only result in a cap hit of about $3.5M which, though not insubstantial, is manageable.

So, next offseason, the Rams will have many options. They could release Sam, try to trade him, let him play out the final year of his contract without trying to extend him, or try to sign him to a long-term extension.

Outcome #2 would either result in an extension or, at a minimum, an opportunity to earn a long term deal in 2015.

What about outcome #3? If Sam is a good "fantasy league" QB, but does not produce wins, will the Rams look for a spark by moving on to a new QB?

How about outcome #4? Will "more of the same" mean this is Sam's last year in St. Louis?

Thoughts?
    I personally would have to know how the rest of the offense fared in terms of health and overall performance.

For instance, if we have major injuries to our OL, which unfortunately is a very real possibility, we'd have to take that into account when we're considering his performance and his future.

On the other hand, if the regression was clearly on Bradford's shoulders, I could see Fisher searching for a new QB next offseason.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay...

Here's a BONUS QUESTION.

Thoughts?
    Without delving too deep into the variables and hypotheticals one could apply to each one of the options, my very basic guess would be...

Options #1-3: Long term extension for Sam. The Rams have already publicly said they'd like to get one in place, so I don't think Option #3 would dissuade them from that.

Options #4-6: Rams are in the market for a new QB in 2015/beyond, or at the very least some competition at the position.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123