Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
This is hit and miss. My brother tried the same thing and they said fine, you're cancelled.
True, but you can keep trying. Just keep calling until you get a rep who will help you. This year has been slim pickings, but I've made 5 calls about NFL Sunday Ticket and each time I basically get a new promotion that stacks on the others. I've had Direct TV for 3 or 4 years I believe and I'm almost always receiving at least $40-$50/month off.

Right now I have a $10/month promo and a $20/month promo, 1 month off of NFL Sunday Ticket (20% off), promo for free DVR however much that is ($5/month or so), and I have some upgraded channel package but paying for a lesser one. And this is the most I've paid in a long time, I think they're starting to get sick of giving me credits.

Direct TV is really a pain because you have to continually call to complain about your bill for them to load you up with credits but if you have a little patience and are willing to call back multiple times, it'll save you a lot of money.