Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eldfan is offline Registered User

How does 4-12 sound? Game-by-game look at 2010

BY JIM THOMAS • St louis post

Game 1 • Sept. 12 • 3:15 p.m.

ARIZONA

No Warner, no Boldin, no Dansby, no Rolle. Rams have a great opportunity to steal the opener.

Rams 20, Cardinals 16

Game 2 • Sept. 19 • 3:05 p.m.

at Oakland

Having a decent QB (Jason Campbell) could mean the difference for Oakland in this toss-up game.

Raiders 20, Rams 13

Game 3 • Sept. 26 • 3:05 p.m.

WASHINGTON

If Donovan McNabb has anything left in the tank, the Redskins should be playoff contenders.

Redskins 26, Rams 10

Game 4 • Oct. 3 • noon

SEATTLE

Enough already. Seahawks have won 10 straight against the Rams, sweeping the past five season series.

Rams 23, Seattle 20

Game 5 • Oct. 10 • noon

at Detroit

Will DT Ndamukong Suh make the Rams regret not taking him No. 1 overall? Detroit had a busy offseason.

Lions 28, Rams 17

Game 6 • Oct. 17 • noon

SAN DIEGO

Even without LT, the Chargers have way too much firepower for the Rams. This one could get ugly.

Chargers 37, Rams 6

Game 7 • Oct. 24 • noon

at Tampa Bay

Who are these guys? Bucs defense is a shell of itself. Rams need to keep Cadillac (Williams) in the garage.

Rams 17, Buccaneers 13

Game 8 • Oct. 31 • noon

CAROLINA

By this point in the season, Jimmy Clausen could be Panthers QB; but it's still about stopping the run against these guys.

Panthers 23, Rams 7

Game 9 • Nov. 14 • 3:15 p.m.

at San Francisco

The ***** look like the team to beat in the NFC West; their front seven gave Rams blockers fits last season.

***** 30, Rams 13

Game 10 • Nov. 21 • 3:05 p.m.

ATLANTA

If their stable of running backs stays healthy, the Falcons should have one of the top offenses in the NFC.

Falcons 31, Rams 20

Game 11 • Nov. 28 • 3:15 p.m.

at Denver

Sam Bradford vs. Tim Tebow anyone? Only this time it's not the BCS title game between Florida and Oklahoma.

Broncos 24, Rams 3

Game 12 • Dec. 5 • 3:15 p.m.

at Arizona

By this time, the Cardinals have gotten their legs — and their running game — under them. Look out for Beanie Wells.

Cardinals 27, Rams 17

Game 13 • Dec. 12 • 3:05 p.m.

at New Orleans

The Rams played the Saints as tough as anyone last season. But that was in St. Louis, and the Rams were coming off a bye.

Saints 41, Rams 17

Game 14 • Dec. 19 • noon

KANSAS CITY

It's the state of Misery — not Missouri — these days when it comes to the NFL. We'll give the edge to the home team.

Rams 31, Chiefs 28

Game 15 • Dec. 26 • Noon

SAN FRANCISCO

If things go as planned for San Francisco, the ***** will be closing in on a playoff berth at this time of the year.

***** 23, Rams 20

Game 16 • Jan. 2 • 3:15 p.m.

at Seattle

Two teams battling only for draft position ring in the New Year. Rams haven't won at Qwest Field since 2004.

Seahawks 27, Rams 16
    Last edited by eldfan; -08-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.

:ramlogo:

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: How does 4-12 sound? Game-by-game look at 2010

I have no idea why anyone thinks good things such as more then 1 win for the raiders. That is a game we should easily win.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    How does 4-12 sound?
    howabout NO! I'm looking at 8-8. TAKE THAT!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Anyone else notice how he wrote the Rams off against any team with an established running game?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It sounds pretty miserable.

But I can't say I put a whole lot of stock in predictions that have the Redskins (4-12 in 2009) as a playoff contender because they have a new coach and a new quarterback.

I'm also confused by the comment that "Having a decent QB (Jason Campbell) could mean the difference for Oakland in this toss-up game." What, Bradford isn't a decent quarterback?

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I do think we have a huge chance at stealing the opener. Whether its Derek Anderson or Leinart, they will be pounding the rock. It feels like we'll be ok against the run this year(i.e. Robbins), its our pass-rush that worries me.

4-12 is way too down to earth for me. In my imaginary world, we are fighting for division champs. We just aren't facing the elite passers we did last year(McNabb on a new team, Brees, and Tebow instead of Peyton, Brees, Warner x 2, Favre, Shaub, and Rogers).

TekeRam is offline Registered User

First off, not facing elite passers? I count four on our horizon: Brees, McNabb, Rivers and Ryan. We're getting off much easier than last year, but those are still most likely four losses. Our best chance is against Washington.

Second, the Raiders are a better team than they're given credit for. They have a fair defense which could give problems to Sam, and now have a credible offense with Campbell taking the snaps. He might never lead them to the playoffs, but he's better than what they've had since 2002. That game's a real toss up.

Lastly, I think we will be much improved on last year, and you could see that as we completely dominated New England. We won't be that good every week, but I think that with our schedule, we can at least take our home division games against Seattle and the Cards. Tampa's defense is shot, and I'll bet on Sam and Jax over what they can bring to the table any day. The Chiefs game will come down to who's healthier at that point I think, and we could have trouble with the speed Charles brings to the table. I think anywhere between 4 and 6 wins is very possible.

Also, looking over our schedule again, I think it's possible, not probable, but possible that we start out 5-0, which would be absolutely crazy!
    I believe!

Rich86 is offline Registered User

not imaginary at all BigGameTH. kurt warner is no longer the qb of the cardinals, therefore the cards chances of defending the nfc west is minimal. the ***** and seahawks both appear to be turning the corner on paper, but then again that's on paper.

pete carroll wasn't that successful the first time as a nfl head coach so success isn't guaranteed by no means. alex smith is just now acclimating to something bradford has been blessed with, so i think the rams having a serious turn around is well within reach.

its not like the rams have a bunch of juggernauts on the schedule either. i got 9-7

ManofGod is online now Registered User

2-14, the Cardinals are still solid on D-fense, we'll beat Tampa Bay and we'll split the series w/ Seattle.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    not imaginary at all BigGameTH. kurt warner is no longer the qb of the cardinals, therefore the cards chances of defending the nfc west is minimal. the ***** and seahawks both appear to be turning the corner on paper, but then again that's on paper.
    I can't say I really see the Seahawks having even turned the corner. They're still a mess at quarterback and runningback, and their offensive line is still suspect. Patrick Kerney was their best defensive lineman, and he's gone. They're starting a 36-year old Milloy and a rookie at safety. They have very good linebackers and decent but not extraordinary corners. IMO, they look a bit like our team did a couple years ago, which is to say not very good with prospects of getting worse before they get better.

Even if they manage a slightly better record than we do this year, I'd bet we'll post a winning record sooner than they do.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I love it whenever someone predicts the Rams' season they mostly give Rams the win against the Cardinals in week 1 they then feel so guilty in doing so that they give the Raiders the win in week 2.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

6-10 would feel like a winning season to me.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have the Rams going 5-11 in my prediction, so 4-12 sounds close but slightly more pessimistic than my guess.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

I predict the Raiders and Bills will be the two worst teams in the NFL this year. The Rams will likely be close to 4-14, maybe 5-11.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post
    I predict the Raiders and Bills will be the two worst teams in the NFL this year. The Rams will likely be close to 4-14...

Did the league go to an 18 game schedule already??? Just bustin' your chops, man.

Seriously, anyone with a competitive bone in their body would NEVER accept 4-12, even after the horror show of the past 3 seasons. While it might be a realistic prognostication, it's not one that satisfies me in the least. Recent history shows us ANYTHING can happen in the NFL, injuries being the x-factor.

Rams 4-12 in 1998/99, SuperBowl Champs in 1999/00. Believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast