AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How does the media feel about the Rams?

I think its a mixed bag.

On the one hand, the Rams are an exciting team that gets good TV ratings apparently - that is why they have had multiple night games on their schedule for the past few years. There are also some in the national media that seem to really like the Rams. Chris Mortenson, for one, has acknowledged that he grew up a Ram fan. Ron Jaworski also seems to like the Rams (though not as much as he likes the Eagles).

The Rams do get some bad press, however, from those who think of themselves as "old school." Some think of the Rams as too flashy and, perhaps, arrogant. Merryl Hodge, for one, seems to hate the Rams, as do Mark Schlereth and Tom Jackson. Chris Berman also does not like the Rams, but that's probably because he's a big Whiner fan.

In all, I think the Rams get a pretty fair shake, though they are still not among the Green Bay, San Fran, Dallas and Oakland media darling clique.

Anyone see it differently?

Reborn Guest

Re: How does the media feel about the Rams?

Who cares. The media is worth nothing more then the tidbots of helpful information you can gather at desired times.

They are a bunch of ego inflated morons. Just take the NBA finals for example. Any self respecting person with even a tidbit of basketball knowledge knew the Pistons were going to run the table on the Lakers. The media looks at numbers and probability. They never factor in such thing as heart, will, and desire.

I choose to ignore the media. I use them only to further my knowledge of goings on Sunday's. I suggest you do the same.

Reborn

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Well, that wasn't the dark type of response I was fishing for, but thanks anyway.

Reborn Guest

Anytime. Always happy to help somebody to peer into the darker side of life.

Reborn

sbramfan Guest

AR,

I think you are accurate on which guys on the NFL shows appreciate the Rams, and which one's don't like them. (The fox guys seemed mixed?) But as for the general concensus, I think the Rams were the flavor of the month there for awhile and got all the Media hype. Eventually, like everything in this day and age, we overplayed that song to the point in which many people are sick of it...

As for the respect that is given the 9'ers, Dallas, etc... for this reason we really needed to have won that 2nd Superbowl. Now, we would have to win another real soon to include it, along with our other appearances, as "this Rams era", so I think the media darling thing is something that is earned.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey AV you left out the always fair and impartial Terry Bradshaw--he loves the Rams...right??? :tongue:

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!