I've almost finished re-watching the Rams vs Ravens game. I understand that most of the Ravens playing were back-ups (Terrence Cody, Cary Williams, Paul Kruger were/are starters). I wanted to analyze a few things, and I seen something that most probably already did, but here it is:

How good can Sam really be?-new02.jpg

Here you can see a set that includes 1 RB, 1 FB, 2 WR's, 1 TE. The circled players are the one's who are going downfield to run a route. That means there will be 6 blockers and 1 chip from SJ. With this max protection Sam has a nice and clean pocket in which he fires the ball to Amendola spot-on. Unfortunantely the ball slipped through his hands. Sam looked comfortable, went through his reads, and put the ball where it needed to be.

How good can Sam really be?-new03.jpg

On this play Sam gets 6 blockers (5 Oline and Ovie Mughelli). He has 2 WR's, 1 TE, and a RB (dump off) running routes. The offensive line once again creates a fantastic pocket for Bradford. He has time, in which he proceeds to go through his reads. He see's Cary Williams has his back turned to himself, and knows Gibby is running a comeback, so he fires when Gibson is about to break off of his route, and completes a 15 yard pass.

Here is the aerial view:

How good can Sam really be?-new04.jpg

As you can see, when Sam has time, he can be a top 5 QB. All he needs is a decent offensive line that will hold up for a few seconds. It doesn't hurt to have 3 RB's who are good at running the ball. If our offensive line can hold up this year, Sam should have a breakout season. Amendola and Smith are good enough to create separation. I can't imagine what Bradford can do with Givens on deep routes if he gets a clean pocket.

One thing I think we need to do is start RG Rokevious Watkins. Even though he has gone against 2's, he is an absolute monster in the run game. He was creating huge holes all over the place. Also, he has done MUCH better in pass pro than Ojinnaka who has struggled. It wouldn't hurt to have a 330lb OG next to an undersized Scott Wells.

Lets go Rams!