Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

How Hungry Are the Rams Going Into This Year?

Around Saint Louis and listening and getting the feel from Rams players, I get the sense that we are quickly becoming one of the hardest working and hungry teams out there. Listening to Laurinaitis, Steven, Chris Long, and even new guys coming like Na'il Diggs. Diggs said the main reason he came here was because he wanted to be apart of something special. Helping to raise a football team from the utter depths of mediocrity into respectability and success. He said he felt that DeSpags was building something special here and he wanted to be apart of it. Ron Bartell said something similar when the Saints were making a run at him. I truly believe we are headed in the right direction and I have more faith and excitement for this Franchise than I have had since after the 1999 season. Everyone is focused and working extremely hard this offseason.

These guys are not acting like a team that just won a single game out of sixteen. I recall a team like the Lions or the Chiefs or Browns. They seemed lost and simply fell apart. We seem to have put all of that behind us and I haven't heard one peep of anyone saying anything about past failures and everyone in the organization is superbly confident moving forward. I don't think we will be as bad as everyone seems to think but I guess that's just me being overly optimistic. The players at any route certainly don't feel like they will be a bad team, hell they are acting like they're trying to make a run for the playoffs next year and I wouldn't have it any other way...

With the state of our division, we could certainly make a run at the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: How Hungry Are the Rams Going Into This Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Diggs said the main reason he came here was because he wanted to be apart of something special. Helping to raise a football team from the utter depths of mediocrity into respectability and success. He said he felt that DeSpags was building something special here and he wanted to be apart of it.
    Source please?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Around Saint Louis and listening and getting the feel from Rams players, I get the sense that we are quickly becoming one of the hardest working and hungry teams out there. Listening to Laurinaitis, Steven, Chris Long, and even new guys coming like Na'il Diggs. Diggs said the main reason he came here was because he wanted to be apart of something special. Helping to raise a football team from the utter depths of mediocrity into respectability and success. He said he felt that DeSpags was building something special here and he wanted to be apart of it. Ron Bartell said something similar when the Saints were making a run at him. I truly believe we are headed in the right direction and I have more faith and excitement for this Franchise than I have had since after the 1999 season. Everyone is focused and working extremely hard this offseason.

These guys are not acting like a team that just won a single game out of sixteen. I recall a team like the Lions or the Chiefs or Browns. They seemed lost and simply fell apart. We seem to have put all of that behind us and I haven't heard one peep of anyone saying anything about past failures and everyone in the organization is superbly confident moving forward. I don't think we will be as bad as everyone seems to think but I guess that's just me being overly optimistic. The players at any route certainly don't feel like they will be a bad team, hell they are acting like they're trying to make a run for the playoffs next year and I wouldn't have it any other way...

With the state of our division, we could certainly make a run at the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.
    I don't doubt anything you said, but EVERY preseason is filled with hope and optimism. Last year at this time, Spags had been introduced, Bulger was re-focused and the prospect of a vastly improved, competitive team loomed on the horizon. We all know how that turned out.

It's good that these guys seem to be working hard and are eager to turn the page but regular season on-field performance is the only thing that will satisfy me as a fan after the horror show we've endured the past three seasons.

101 ESPN. Had a stint with the Fast Lane today.

Diggs: "At this point in my career, I'm not so much worried about my personal gain, or my personal aspirations, its more about being apart of something that's big. I think making something out of nothing would be a great opportunity. I know there's great talent on this team, I know there's great coaches on this team, ive visited with the team, saw a few players. i know the trainers, coaches, I know they have the makings to do great things there and i want to be apart of that and help be apart of that process as far as bringing in wins and being succesful in the NFL.

Farr: "What do you think its going to take to get this team to the next level, or at least better than it was last season?"

Diggs: "Well I think its going to take a certain level of commitment, and I know every team's got good guys, I know that the Rams have good guys, I know that they have good coaches that have high expectations, I know the city has high expectations also. Its definetely going to take a high level of enthusiasm to get it done. If its one thing ive learned in the league its that wins don't come easy and im used to winning, and i want to win and im not used to losing football games and im not coming here to lose football games, im coming here to win and help the team grow and get better."

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

With the exception of Alex Barron, all of our guys were keyed up and hungry last season. That, like so many other things last year, meant little when we were clearly outclassed talent-wise at most positions on the field.

Forgive me if I do not share your excitement and enthusiasm about this year's keyed-up-ness and hungry-ness.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Thanks to the lack-luster showing last year the Rams do have a seemingly cakewalk schedule looming before us. This of course is relative to the final product they put on the field, but I have a feeling if they raise the talent level even %10 of what it was last year, our guys are hungry enough to make a splash and score some wins.

The Rams will see Detroit, Oakland, Tampa, Washington, Kansas City and Seattle...none of which are too intimidating on paper. Plus there is a game against Denver---and well if it's later in the year you gotta like their chances to win that, haha. No one has mastered the art of a late season collapse like the Denver Broncos.

Ramsdog is offline Registered User

This is the best time of the year. Full of expectations and high hopes. Our FA's are the best, our draft is the best, we got the sleeper in the draft, yaddy yaddy yaddy....but what can I say? I'm a believer as well. It does look to me that we are building the base of good things to come, now lets not screw up the draft.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Well you're on the right board for your optimistic outlook, but I certainly do not agree.
    I wonder what TALENT Diggs was speaking of, because we got pummeled at will by every offense that lined up against us last year.We have NO and I mean NO pass rush to speak of,and a butt load of questions. . . . like
    whos our starting FS?
    whos our starting RG or RT for that matter?
    whos our starting TE?
    whos our starting 3rd LB?
    whos our starting 2nd CB?
    whos our starting QB even if we draft Bradford?
    whos our BU RB?
    I think we have TOO many questions to be looking at next years schedule and talking about winning anything. Even with the micro steps we are taking to improve I believe each one of those teams will AT LEAST be doing as much as we have.
    Finally I dont think you can go from 1-15 to anything respectable by only adding DEPTH players, I like our signings but unless we walk out of this draft with some damn STARTERS I think we are in trouble again this year.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    With the exception of Alex Barron, all of our guys were keyed up and hungry last season. That, like so many other things last year, meant little when we were clearly outclassed talent-wise at most positions on the field.

Forgive me if I do not share your excitement and enthusiasm about this year's keyed-up-ness and hungry-ness.
    Yeah, being keyed up and hungry is generally the case at the beginning of every season. Hope springs eternal. I think Spags is getting things headed in the right direction but I'm not expecting too much this season.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    a butt load of questions. . . . like
    whos our starting FS?
    whos our starting RG or RT for that matter?
    whos our starting TE?
    whos our starting 3rd LB?
    whos our starting 2nd CB?
    whos our starting QB even if we draft Bradford?
    whos our BU RB?
    Finally I dont think you can go from 1-15 to anything respectable by only adding DEPTH players, I like our signings but unless we walk out of this draft with some damn STARTERS I think we are in trouble again this year.
    Lucky for you I'd imagine we'll be seeing at least 4 rookie starters at key positions such as TE and LB, but I'll try and fill in some blanks.
    FS= OJ, simply put he hasn't left the team and he'll strike a deal because no one else is clamoring for him right now. The Rams won't let him slip into the FA pool.

RG= Fraley more than likely, but a competition will be had with Greco.

RT= Barron (See OJ's explanation). There's a pretty solid chance that a RT will be taken later in the draft and could compete, but unlikely he'll beat Barron out. Fret not though fans, Alex will be gone this time next year.

TE= Fells as of now, but it's hard to not expect a TE to be drafted by round 3 or 4 at the very latest. A guy like Gronkowski, Graham, Gresham or Pitta could steal this job and run with it.

OLB= Diggs with a competition by whomever is drafted. Not a really strong point, but Diggs has the size and excells in shutting down the run. He'll a good stop gap if no one is able to take the reigns from him.

CB= Fletcher. I figured he'd be on a PUP list for the majority of the season, but several reports have come out stating that he's healthy and should be ready to rock for the season. The coaching staff is high on this guy--so am I.

QB= Likely Feeley for at least a couple of weeks. I wouldn't be upset if Bradford started the first week, but I'd hope the staff works all of our QB's hard during Pre-season to find who's going to have the edge.

RB= Ogby, and don't worry about that--he proved he's got some moxie last year, but like a few of these positions a rookie will likely be brought in to fight it out.

Like I said, this team will be facing plenty of teams with as many questions as ours. They might even have a leg up on a few. Cough(seahags)Cough.
    Last edited by Warner4prez; -04-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Let's see what happens in the draft and that could fuel even more or not!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I, like all of us, have a good feeling for whats ahead especially with some of the pieces we've put in the right place..

BUT.....

Like JerseyRam said, every offseason will always be the same as far as optimism goes, and reason to believe this season will be better than last as if losing was ages ago, and we have a champion looming on the turf, or a legitimate contender strapping on their helmets for the division title..
    The team needs to be as hungry as they've ever been for their own sake and realize quite possibly every other team might be working even harder than them as everyone might feel they only have a few missing ingredients for a winning recipe..

im VERY excited as to whats to come, and will be right there in the passenger side taking every obstacle shorcoming, or "bump" in the road that may come..

Afterall, im already making bets with my whiner fan friend that were going to bash their heads in like were going to last year lol..

Heres to another season, GO RAMS!!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I didn't have any hope last year. I think I predicted 4 wins max.

We'll see who the Rams draft and which free agents they add after the draft. It's moving in the correct direction finally.

Last year i predicted around 4 or so wins myself and didn't get the feeling i have this year and havent ahd it in since 2000 as ive said before. But yes, it could be the stuff in the air that gets my butterflies going and the adrenaline pumping. We'll see come August.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Yea I predicted a 4-12 season too, and that would of been possible without the injuries we sustained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast