Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How I feel about our NFC West rivals

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Re: How I feel about our NFC West rivals

No one hates the ninnies more than me. I liked Steve Young until he went to theninnies. No other team incites the typeof deep seated hate I feel for the ninnies. It all started back in 1985 when the Rams started their season 7-0, tiedwith Chicago for best team in the league. The ninnies stole the Rams thunder in a October 27, 1985 matchup at homein Anaheim. Joe Montana lead the ninniesout 28-0 through most of the game until Brock brought us back 28-14. It was the revenge game in SF that allowed usto bounce back and win the west on a tipped pass to Henry Ellard. It was latter that Jerry Rice sealed my hatewith a long reception in the 1989 Championship game ending the Rams next bid asNFC Champions.
    As for the other teams, I root hard for the seachickens and dumpster diving Cardinals when theyplay the ninnies. Otherwise I give aplug nickel for either of them. Castoffs from other divisions that were too good for them is how I see it. Shame we have to be grouped with such riff raff.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

In no particular order:

I hate all of them

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I hate all of them. However, my hatred for the Cowboys is as strong as my hatred for the Whiners.

Fans that I hate the most? The dirty, filthy cousin of our Bay Area buds...the Raiders.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    In no particular order:

I hate all of them
    I don't care who you are, that's just plain funny.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Good thread. Obviously with SF, their dominance in the 80's-90's plus the Rams' past history in California makes them the obvious choice to me for most hated rival. We had some great battles with them, then as the Rams fortunes began to sour and they beat us a gazillion times in a row, the hatred grew. That disdain will remain strong, as SF remains the team to beat and guys like Harbaugh and Kaepernick make it real easy to dislike them.

Crazy as this sounds, I still can't accept that Seattle is in the NFC. Maybe it's because I have fond memories of the Rams holding them to negative yardage offensively FOR AN ENTIRE GAME back in the late 70's, I believe- a record that will likely stand forever. I certainly don't like Seattle and can't stand Pete Carroll, but I find it difficult to have the level of hatred for them as I do SF.

And Arizona is irrelevant to me. While some St. Louisians might feel differently, the Cardinals' former ties to St. Louis have no bearing whatsoever on my feelings for them. I actually rooted for Arizona in the playoffs when Kurt Warner was there.
    RuffRams likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Sounds pretty close to what my take is. Hate the 9ers, dislike the Hawks, and almost feel sorry for the Cardinals.

However, lately, the Hawks are moving up to that 9ers spot. Don't get me wrong, they will never surpass them, but I am hating them a lot now a days too. 1) I hate Pete Carroll and his girly celebrations. 2) Hate the love for Russell Wilson by all these NC state fans locally. Come on, he was in Wisconsin before he got drafted. So, I don't understand how they can claim him. So, Hawks are fast becoming a most hated team as well. 1) 9ers 2) Pats 3) Hawks.

Edit: And I agree with NJ about the Cards. Even I was rooting for them to win the Superbowl that year. Stupid Santonio Holmes

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Allow me to share my opinions of our rivals in the form of a playground scene.

As you go out to recess, you run in to Ford. Ford comes from a wealthy, proud, storied family. However, your family has deep roots as well. Your family and his have clashed to the point that the two of you are all but guaranteed to compete at everything you do. Ford reminds you of this at every given opportunity, and displays a smug arrogance. However, despite his cockiness, he is able to back up every claim he makes. He's smart, successful, and talented, and makes sure everyone knows that. He's popular with the teachers, the other kids, and looks down upon the majority of them. He's the kid you love to hate, and wouldn't help him off the ground if you "accidentally" tripped him.

Next, you find Hawk on the slide. Hawk is a bit of a different case. The two of you used to be on good terms; you may have even been friends at one point. However, that changed completely once the day of the annual Nurturing For Childhood West footrace came. On that day, he edged you out at the line. From then on, he became the darling of the teachers and kids, almost to the level of Ford. And, despite the race history being heavily in your favor, nobody seemed to notice. Hawk became "the next hot thing", and the two of you have never seen eye-to-eye since. He went from a quieter guy to someone who can't stop talking, and has thus fallen from your good graces.

Lastly, you hop on the swings with Carl. Your families have some strange history, but you're too young to really care much for it. Carl is an interesting case; he doesn't have much going for him, and he's often picked on by the other kids. Though you aren't necessarily hostile towards him, you know that when the two of you play tether ball together, he must be defeated. That said, you wouldn't mind sharing an ice cream bar with him, or rooting for him when he plays against Ford or Hawk in 4 square.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I have come to hate the seahawks more and more over the last few years. The 13th man thing, the loss to them a few years ago that cost us a playoff spot. The way they continue plays after the whistle, their HC and much more....

The whiners I just hate! Just to many things to mention.....

I cannot really hate the Cardinals, actually most of the time I feel sorry for them. And I felt really bad for them when they and Kurt.

rampower is offline Registered User

How I feel about our NFC West rivals

Whiners/pats hate.

Hawks enjoy the rivalry, especially when the games are close, great fun.

Cards are that candy bar nobody hates, or loves. But it still stays on the shelf. If I see a Brit in a cardinals Jersey, I kinda pity them.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12