Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: How I feel right now...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Disappointed. The Rams should have come away with a win tonight.

Proud. Proud of our run blocking, Zac Stacy, and the defense.

Frustrated. The Red Zone play calling baffled me.

Vindicated. Anyone want to argue whether we would have won tonight with a healthy Sam Bradford?

As a side note, if I were a Seahawks fan, I'd be concerned. After tonight, I'm betting they will see a lot of inside running and 8 man fronts. The Rams exposed their weaknesses, plain and simple.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: How I feel right now...

Ahh well, it increases our chances of getting a better draft pick.
    I was hoping for at least a competitive game and I did. But then I got greedy and hoped they won it

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Hey Av, I am sooo PO'ed right now. Shotty's playcalling was down right crappy in the last series. Even Stacy was supposedly hurt in the last quarter, couldn't we find anybody else to run the ball than Richardson?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    Hey Av, I am sooo PO'ed right now. Shotty's playcalling was down right crappy in the last series. Even Stacy was supposedly hurt in the last quarter, couldn't we find anybody else to run the ball than Richardson?
    I am not Av, but I must chime in here. I thought DR had a couple runs in there, late, where he just blasted it. He doesn't have much behind the pads, but he had a couple moments. Stacy was in there at the end.

I would have fed Stacy twice on the last two plays. I certainly wouldn't have left the backfield empty on that last play.
    viper and lordwhttgr like this.
    Semper Fi!

thoey is offline Registered User

Richardson has not learned patience yet. He seems to always run into his Oline first. Two runs by Stacy and I think we score....
    This space for rent...

kman is offline Registered User

come on , seahawk fans aren't concerned theyre laughing about their 7-1 record..im jealous of theyre "problems"
    lordwhttgr likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    I would have fed Stacy twice on the last two plays. I certainly wouldn't have left the backfield empty on that last play.
    Stacy played with a bad ankle / low pressure tire and was limping at the end.

Good output, excellent performance though. KUDOS ZMAX!

Bottom line, as Av said: terribly, terribly disappointed!

general counsel is offline Registered User

If i was a seahawks fan, i would be thinking two things. First, i better get my starting offensive tackles back in the game and soon or i am not going to be contending for the superbowl. Second, i better hope i get harvin back and that he stays healthy. Their receivers had a number of big drops that almost cost them the game and i think Carroll is a terrible in game coach. He almost lost them the game at the end not using his time outs and his failure to make coaching adjustments to give the backup tackles help on quinn and long was just stupid.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    come on , seahawk fans aren't concerned theyre laughing about their 7-1 record..im jealous of theyre "problems"
    Nonsense. They're not laughing about their QB getting sacked 7 times or their defense giving up 200 rushing yards.

RealRam is offline Registered User

You know ... it must be hard for the Rams fan who not only anticipates but announces almost in antics that his team will lose, of for the Rams fan that insists that his team is / has been soooo, so bad.

Not to psychoanalyze such a mentality or attitude but, I wonder if there is a dilemma within these types of fans: on the one hand they are, after all, "fans" yet on the other hand they somehow would want to be right in they're derogatory wishes?

Kudos to those that support the Rams even when criticizing there shortcomings and mistakes* because I see in those comments a constructive candor.

GO RAMS!

*.- Believe me, I was very upset with Clemens after those two INTs! As well as when he missed a couple of other passes or three that would have kept drives alive. Even Jon Gruden saw the "wide open curl rout" on a pass that KC missed. I am indeed VERY disappointed. AAAARGH!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-29-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: AAAARGH!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I'm highly disappointed that they let a Running back with no power run on a 3rd down play, and didn't give Zac and chance to pound it in. The play calling was at best bizarre.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I'm highly disappointed that they let a Running back with no power run on a 3rd down play, and didn't give Zac and chance to pound it in. The play calling was at best bizarre.
    Stacy had injured his ankle so that's why he wasn't in

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I am not disappointed at all. Fisher had his team ready to play and gave us the best chance of winning and we came up one yard short. I see the positive in this as we should have been blown out by a much better team. Our defense showed up and showed off except for one 80 yard reception and the fact Clemmons gave them the ball twice. We were competitive on Monday Night and came within a yard of winning with a lousy QB. I was excited and standing, cheering till the last play of a game that I thought was going to be miserable!!!

GO Rams!!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

You know ... it must be hard for the Rams fan who not only anticipates but announces almost in antics that his team will lose, of for the Rams fan that insists that his team is / has been soooo, so bad.

Not to psychoanalyze such a mentality or attitude but, I wonder if there is a dilemma within these types of fans: on the one hand they are, after all, "fans" yet on the other hand they somehow would want to be right in they're derogatory wishes?

Kudos to those that support the Rams even when criticizing there shortcomings and mistakes* because I see in those comments a constructive candor.

GO RAMS!

*.- Believe me, I was very upset with Clemens after those two INTs! As well as when he missed a couple of other passes or three that would have kept drives alive. Even Jon Gruden saw the "wide open curl rout" on a pass that KC missed. I am indeed VERY disappointed. AAAARGH!
    I think many fans have been so disappointed for years that they simply watch a game and wait for the other shoe to drop. It's a perspective I'd rather not have, but sadly I am mentally scarred from vesting so much into a team emotionally only to be crushed time and again. "Hope" is often replaced with "depression", as the Bradford injury so cruelly reminded us.

Last night is a perfect example. We had 23 first downs to their 7. We had over 200 yards rushing. We played as good a game as a team can play defensively for all but 1 play. We held a 38:00-22:00 advantage in time of possession. We ran 30 more plays than they did- and lost.

We can certainly proud of the heart and fight this team showed last night, but unfortunately it is a loss. There are no moral victories in the NFL. You don't make the playoffs because you "tried hard". Wins are hard to come by, and when you let one slip away against a divisional opponent you thoroughly outplayed, one can't help but be depressed.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -10-29-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Stacy had injured his ankle so that's why he wasn't in
    Was Cunningham active? I know Peade wasn't.
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast