Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: How I feel right now...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: How I feel right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Was Cunningham active? I know Pead wasn't.
    Cunningham was inactive.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwhttgr View Post
    I am not disappointed at all. Fisher had his team ready to play and gave us the best chance of winning and we came up one yard short. I see the positive in this as we should have been blown out by a much better team. Our defense showed up and showed off except for one 80 yard reception and the fact Clemmons [Clemens] gave them the ball twice. We were competitive on Monday Night and came within a yard of winning with a lousy QB. I was excited and standing, cheering till the last play of a game that I thought was going to be miserable!!!

GO Rams!!!
    The disappointment that some of us are expressing here is the end result. We were so close!

As General Counsel pointed out in his 'Good / Bad / Ugly' thread, it was a valiant effort. That's what makes last night a terrible disappointment. Yes, there was some good plays by the Rams rushing game and defense, no doubt. It was encouraging and exciting to see good progress.

BUT that last series, that last drive -- 1st and goal -- deflated many a Rams fan that saw them SO CLOSE to winning. That was disappointing indeed.

For me, it was almost like a heartbreaking playoff loss. It hurts.
    Varg6 and lordwhttgr like this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Would've been a huge win. 2-1 in the division? Tough loss. I hope our D plays like that every week from here on out. I think we were all expecting the D to look like that all season. Maybe things are gelling on that side of the ball, hopefully. As for offense, Stacy's injury is a HUGE blow. Clemens did what he could--although I hope we can get Davis in there soon to see what we have with him--but had a great run game, opening things up big time. Richardson as the #1 doesn't do that. Is it Pead's time now? I, for one, would love to see him prove to himself, the coaches, and fans, that he was worthy of his draft status and can take the reigns, continue playing on Stacy's level, maybe even elevate the RB position for us. If he doesn't take this opportunity to shine, I doubt we'll ever see him do much of anything in a Rams uniform.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Don't mind at all running Richardson. I'd just have tried to run him more outside the tackle instead of inside. Dude has excellent speed, use it.

On the final play - mind boggling with the way the QB played all game that you operate out of an empty backfield. First of all, why put Stacy out there as a WR? The route wasn't horrific per se but nobody was biting on Stacy as a true target in that situation, he whiffed on the pick because of that and Clemens lobbed the ball into space.
    Randart likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    On the final play - mind boggling with the way the QB played all game that you operate out of an empty backfield.
    Agreed. The Hawks were blowing up every play that we ran from an empty backfield. They should have kept Stacy there to give the defense something to think about.

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Was Cunningham active? I know Peade wasn't.
    No Cunningham is out with an injury. Richardson and Stacy was the only active running backs.

Says all you need to know about Peads future with this team..

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

But we kept Pead when we needed to cut someone for Quinn.

emuen is offline Registered User

That is true. Has Pead done anything recently to throw himself back into the doghouse temporarily?

Randart is offline Registered User

Good Points guys, question to the coaching staff why is Pead inactive? We have two Running Backs active both been hurt this season and we want to run more? Ah huge mistake by the staff there. Cause when Stacy got reinjured again we had no one to put in for that last couple plays. Just a huge WOW! I hope whoever's decision that was they are kicking them selves for us! Painful loss for all, seeing Chris Long at the end was one of the saddest moments since Marshall Crying about the Cheatriots!

And yes I just have to go there.... Alah Denny Greene, Kellen Clemmens is who we thought he was and he let us off the hook again! LOL
    Last edited by Randart; -10-30-2013 at 08:58 AM.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Vindicated. Anyone want to argue whether we would have won tonight with a healthy Sam Bradford?
    I'm your Huckleberry...

You feel vindicated because you think this proves Bradford is some type of decent QB after all?

So, for 4 years Bradford gets every excuse in the book. No O'line, receivers drop balls, rookie receivers need more time, etc...

It was Clemens first game starting since 2011. So he's a bum because he is not already on the same page as all the receivers? Yet Bradford, after 4 weeks and the second year in same system "needs more time" to get acclimated to new receivers, etc...

I think you will need to wait quite some time for your vindication if you are to afford others the same benefit of the doubt.

couple points:

I'm not expecting Clemens to ever become our starter, but really, Bradford has his own weaknesses and if anything, this game showed that with what little we ask of the QB to do in this offense, it probably doesn't really matter which QB we have, and I'm not so sure Bradford's strengths outweigh his weaknesses - aka "if we would have won with a healthy Bradford"

Why?

There were a number of things in the pocket I saw Clemens do BETTER than Bradford. He has a better pocket awareness. He also has a quicker release, especially when being chased to dump off the ball. It comes out with quite a bit of velocity with just a little wrist throw. It helped avoid a number of sacks and turned those into positive gains.

Bradford may not have thrown those picks, but he likely would have been sacked a number of times more. Who knows what the result would have been?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post

So, for 4 years Bradford gets every excuse in the book. No O'line, receivers drop balls, rookie receivers need more time, etc...

It was Clemens first game starting since 2011. So he's a bum because he is not already on the same page as all the receivers? Yet Bradford, after 4 weeks and the second year in same system "needs more time" to get acclimated to new receivers, etc...
    He was rookie of the year his first year. Why would he need excuses then?

Everyone can agree his second year was a disaster for the whole organization. Our offense wasn't talented and Mcdaniels was plain awful. Like motioning Jackson out of the backfield numerous times awful.

He actually looked pretty good last year, especially in the second half of the season when the offense started to gel. Things were certainly looking up to me.

This year he really started to come around. Aside from the SF game, he really played really well before he went down.

Bradford and the Rams don't need to provide you with excuses, but I'd like to know why you think he was so terrible this year that he needed excuses.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -10-31-2013 at 12:33 AM.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Bradford has played ok this year, but nothing special. I would say he played 3 horrible games vs. Atlanta, Dallas, and San Fran and then 3 good games vs. Jaguars, Houston, and Carolina. So that pretty much balanced out to "starting to play better, let's see how he does the rest of the year".

And most of his better play came only after our coaches decided to take the game more out of his hands and run the ball more. Which is sound advise, but is somewhat compensating by saying "ok, we thought we had some new receivers and could expect more production out of our QB in the passing game this year, but we better go back to playing good defense and not asking him to do too much".

And then he get's hurt. And I suppose we aren't supposed to count that against him? On top of being average for 4 years now, he's only played 2 full seasons out of the 4 seasons.

That is why you don't take RGIII, because for all he brings to the table, he will probably get injured risking his body out there too often to make a play. But I'm trying to remember, why is our $60 million pocket passer out again for another season? He's not exactly winning any durability awards.

I wished we had seen him play the rest of the year so we could have really seen if he was going to be our franchise QB for years to come, or if perhaps he was holding us back. Because now, we are more than likely going into next year expecting much of the same and still really not knowing for certain if this guy can get it done. And personally, after 4 years of watching him, I see a big drop off from the play-making QB's and Bradford who is not part of any discussion of good QB's over the last 4 years. If anything, he is in the category of "possible bust" despite a few decent games in a row leading up to his injury.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Bradford has played ok this year, but nothing special. I would say he played 3 horrible games vs. Atlanta, Dallas, and San Fran and then 3 good games vs. Jaguars, Houston, and Carolina. So that pretty much balanced out to "starting to play better, let's see how he does the rest of the year".

And most of his better play came only after our coaches decided to take the game more out of his hands and run the ball more. Which is sound advise, but is somewhat compensating by saying "ok, we thought we had some new receivers and could expect more production out of our QB in the passing game this year, but we better go back to playing good defense and not asking him to do too much".
    So the week 1 game never happened? Besides the Cowboys and Whiners game, I'd say Bradford did a good job. One thing we've learned is that this offense needs a running game for Bradford to be effective with the play action. Fisher and co should've acknowledged the difficulty of running an 11 or 10 personnel when receivers aren't crisp with their route running skills nor their chemistry with Sam. I feel that's the only way most of us would be comfortable running that offense.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Bradford has played ok this year, but nothing special. I would say he played 3 horrible games vs. Atlanta, Dallas, and San Fran and then 3 good games vs. Jaguars, Houston, and Carolina. So that pretty much balanced out to "starting to play better, let's see how he does the rest of the year". And most of his better play came only after our coaches decided to take the game more out of his hands and run the ball more. Which is sound advise, but is somewhat compensating by saying "ok, we thought we had some new receivers and could expect more production out of our QB in the passing game this year, but we better go back to playing good defense and not asking him to do too much". And then he get's hurt. And I suppose we aren't supposed to count that against him? On top of being average for 4 years now, he's only played 2 full seasons out of the 4 seasons. That is why you don't take RGIII, because for all he brings to the table, he will probably get injured risking his body out there too often to make a play. But I'm trying to remember, why is our $60 million pocket passer out again for another season? He's not exactly winning any durability awards. I wished we had seen him play the rest of the year so we could have really seen if he was going to be our franchise QB for years to come, or if perhaps he was holding us back. Because now, we are more than likely going into next year expecting much of the same and still really not knowing for certain if this guy can get it done. And personally, after 4 years of watching him, I see a big drop off from the play-making QB's and Bradford who is not part of any discussion of good QB's over the last 4 years. If anything, he is in the category of "possible bust" despite a few decent games in a row leading up to his injury.
    I wish Sam was the next Peyton...but he's not at the kind of level (yet). However, I think any QB needs a solid running game to be effective. We were at the point where defenses knew we were going to pass, and when we did run, it was generally unsuccessful, until Stacy started getting the majority of the snaps.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Here we go. Another thread derailed into a negative commentary on Bradford.

Anyone who didn't see personal improvement this season is either blind or has an ax to grind. The guy could've thrown 20 TDs and 2 picks and you'd still have people proclaiming he 'sucks".

And anyone who feels "it doesn't really matter who we plug in at QB in our offense" simply doesn't understand the sport of football.

Sam Bradford- warts and all- gives us our best chance to win football games. It's really pretty simple.
    HUbison likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast