Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sjacksonrules
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns

Thread: How Ironic

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

How Ironic

How ironic is it that I am a Rams fan and that I am so pumped up for football season I could ram my head through a wall?

I don't know about you guys but I am pretty excited about the season and here is why.

1.Jeff fisher (and staff) They bring a bit of swag to our team that I don't think we had with despags. I believe that is from the confidence the team has in the experience that the coaches have. One comment I heard from fisher that I love is that he mixes in first team o vs first team d and that is something spags didn't do. I hated it when i went to the practice and scrimmage last year and it was first team o vs first team d.

2. Free agent additions. I really like that we picked up Finnegan. I hope that Jenkins and Johnson learn alot from him. Langford, Hayes, and Laws will help sure up the line. Haggan, Rocky, and Dunbar hopefully will take care of the OLB spots. Ovie as a FB is going to open some holes for Jackson and Pead.

3. Draft picks, I am excited about almost every pick we made. Brockers is hopefully going to help in the run game and take some blockers from Long and Quinn. Jenkins and Johnson hopefully will both be good for us this year. Pead could be that change of pace back we have been dreaming of.

4. New team, 50% of the roster right now is new this year. We have brought in people that know the system that can help teach the other players so its like we brought in mini coaches to help in the transition.

5. Off season, Last year I think it hurt us quite a bit that we didn't have a off season. Some teams thrived because of it some failed. This year the playbook has been installed to a extent already before training camp began. Last year they didn't get to start till now installing the offense.

I think that about sums up why I am excited about this year. Hope you guys are as pumped as I am.
    Curly Horns likes this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: How Ironic

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    One comment I heard from fisher that I love is that he mixes in first team o vs first team d and that is something spags didn't do. I hated it when i went to the practice and scrimmage last year and it was first team o vs first team d.
    Does this sentence make sense? What are you trying to say ? In your statement, youre saying that both coaches demand first team O vs first team D. Whats the difference, am I missing something?

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    Does this sentence make sense? What are you trying to say ? In your statement, youre saying that both coaches demand first team O vs first team D. Whats the difference, am I missing something?
    Exactly my thoughts.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Sorry meant to say second. Spags never had the first vs first it was always first vs second.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    How ironic is it that I am a Rams fan and that I am so pumped up for football season I could ram my head through a wall?
    Until you actually ram your head through a wall, unexpectedly, it's not ironic at all.

Besides that.....Nice post!!
    Bar-bq likes this.