throwback week

Thread: How Long?

YodaRam Guest

How Long?

lHow long, before our offense gets going?.... How long before our defense realizes that the offense will not help to win games and starts to throttle down to further their careers as individuals? How long does Linehan continue to coach this defunct team? How long does Steven Jacksons self promoting stock stay high? How long does Bulgers contract seem prudent? Can't punch it in! How long does it take before we realize and accept as fans that our Rams are in a worse funk than the Martz years?
    How long is Bruce going to play? How long is Holt going to play for this team? In my opinion, we're in trouble. For how long? I don't know........

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: How Long?

A long time...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

About as long as Olson is running the offense.

Alternatively, about as long as a piece of string.

YodaRam Guest

Good point Bar-bq! Nobody really points their finger at Olson.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post

Well, actually, a lot of us have been pointing the finger at Olson. His play-calling and offensive game planning have been atrocious.

BUT, from some of the things that I've been reading, coming out of Ram camp, many of the "sideway's" passes that Bulger is throwing are his own doing, from audibles he called at the line. I find it hard to believe that Marc suddenly can't make a defensive read. Maybe the broken ribs have something to do with his inability, or unwillingness to throw downfield, as much as it is Olson's play calling? But if Bulger is a part of the problem, we need to make a change.

But how long before our offense snaps out of it? If we expect to see the offense we had at the end of the season last year, I'd have to say we'll regain that level of play when we have all the pieces in place to do so. That means, when Bulger is healthy, and/or Gus steps in. AND, Jackson returns 100%, Holt recovers 100%, Bruce is okay, and our line has all of it's starters. ...or at least 4 of the 5.

Reading between the lines, my answer to your question is; "not this year", because of all the injuries we've realized. There isn't a team in the league that could maintain any resemblance of their offense if they sustained the loss of three O-lineman and #1 backup, AND had their best WR playing at less than 100%, their RB out for ????, and a starting QB playing with broken ribs. I don't care what game plan Olson has, we're in a fist-fight with one hand tied behind our back.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    You have a lot of catching up to do over the last three weeks of posts if you really think this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

YodaRam Guest

Yes, i guess i do.

AlphaRam Guest

How long is a piece of string wrapped around a cylinder 4 times that is 60 cm tall and has a 20 cm circumference?

It doesn't matter - beat Dallas!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

You know, Alpha, I get the feeling Greg Olson may have been grappling with that very predicament these llast three weeks.

Shame he wasn't doing his job.