throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    gap Guest

How long before Bulger is replaced?

Because I refuse to pay the NFL any money until they fix their corrupt officiating (proved today based on what I have read so far), I didn't get to see this game. Based on what I read in the play-by-play, KW was wearing Marc's jersy today. The last time Kurt had an outing like that in a RAMS uni, Marc was the QB forever.

I know we don't have a decent backup, but how long does MArc get a pass? He is a really steaky QB, and his inability to hold onto the ball is going to seriously limit are winning chances.

Someone needs to light a fire under his but.

gap

Re: How long before Bulger is replaced?

you need to watch the game Gap.

Bulger was bloody great

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Wow Gap, I hope that post was a joke.

yea, I am hoping that as well?

tim Guest

yeah seriously. what are you even talking about? not only did i watch the game (albeit in choppy form streamed to my PC), but I am also looking at my fantasy score and liking it.

Bulger was 21/28 for 292 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. His "fumble" was an incomplete pass to Jackson that was deemed a lateral. It was more Jackson's fault for not picking it up than anyone, but you still can't really blame him because it looked like a normal incomplete pass.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Wow Gap, I hope that post was a joke.
    Read the NFL.com play by play. Bulger was not securing the ball very well.

Unless NFLSTicket is made for free, I will not be able to see any RAMS games this year.

Prove to me that Marc is not a streaky QB. I doubt it can be done. Add in his propencity for Read-Zone INTs and incompletions, and I stand by my comments.

Marc needs to improve. Plain and simple.

But then again, the officiating needs even more impovement.

gap

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    yeah seriously. what are you even talking about? not only did i watch the game (albeit in choppy form streamed to my PC), but I am also looking at my fantasy score and liking it.

Bulger was 21/28 for 292 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. His "fumble" was an incomplete pass to Jackson that was deemed a lateral. It was more Jackson's fault for not picking it up than anyone, but you still can't really blame him because it looked like a normal incomplete pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim
    His "fumble" was an incomplete pass to Jackson that was deemed a lateral.
    Implies only one. He had three according to NFL.com.

FUMBLES
    FUM LOST REC YDS
    M. Bulger 3 2 0 -6
    M. Faulk 1 1 0 0
    A. Barron 0 0 1 0
    M. Hawthorne 0 0 1 0

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

To quote Sheila Brovloski...

Wha-wha-what!!!!!?!?!?!!??!!!!

Bulger completed 75% of his passes for 290 yards, 3 TDs and an interception. That's a passer rating of 128.6

He was listed as having three fumbles, but that's misleading.

One was Blaine Sapaia's fault for blowing his assignment.

One was a questionable "lateral" call.

The third was on a play when Bulger was trying to run for the first down on 3rd and 7.

Hardly cause for major concern.

I sincerely hope you are just yanking our chains here.

general counsel is offline Registered User

You really need to watch what kind of mushrooms you are eating on your pizza gap. Find a sports bar please and watch a rams game. Is bulger streaky? Sure, to the extent that his pass protection is streaky. Given time to throw, he is just out and out fantastic. Not perfect mind you, no one is. But fantastic.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Bulger played okay 21/28 (Good) for 292 yards 3TDs (Great) 3 Fumbles, 3 Sacks, and 1 INT. I would still like to see him throw the ball away I cant remember the last time he did this year it may help the sacks and fumbles. Granted the OL is a big part of that. He can definitely come back from games but I would like to see him put one team away. Were you can say man Bulger saw the opportunity and he buried them.

With all that said Bulger fits our system well and he is a good QB. It would be a long search for us to find a better one. Many teams search for a long time for a good QB that’s why the good ones are always at the top of the draft.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 06:20 PM.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    To quote Sheila Brovloski...

Wha-wha-what!!!!!?!?!?!!??!!!!

Bulger completed 75% of his passes for 290 yards, 3 TDs and an interception. That's a passer rating of 128.6

He was listed as having three fumbles, but that's misleading.

One was Blaine Sapaia's fault for blowing his assignment.

One was a questionable "lateral" call.

The third was on a play when Bulger was trying to run for the first down on 3rd and 7.

Hardly cause for major concern.

I sincerely hope you are just yanking our chains here.
    When Tony Banks and other QBs of our past were that sloppy with the ball, no one was making excuses for them. I think Bulger should be held to the same level.

I am more concerned about his streaky play, and lack of productivity in the re-zone.

gap

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bulger is not beyond reproach, but this thread is just silly.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Not to mention that if that play had been challenged it would've been overturned since his knee was clearly down. Given the circumstances though, a challenge wasn't necessary.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by gap
    When Tony Banks and other QBs of our past were that sloppy with the ball, no one was making excuses for them. I think Bulger should be held to the same level.

I am more concerned about his streaky play, and lack of productivity in the re-zone.

gap
    Honestly, I never watched the Rams before August of '99. Therefore, I can only judge based upon things since that time.
    Had warner held up instead of being overcome by injury, I would be a Warner fan. Bulger stepped in and took the Ram by the horns and steered it in a good direction.
    Who would you have preferred? Smoker? Fitz? Martin? Chandler? Trent Green?
    Me, I'll stick with Marc. He may not be perfect, but show me a better fit for our offense, and I'll be the first to write Martz about a trade.

gap Guest

I am not really calling for Marc to be replaced. I know he is the best option we have (and better than most teams have), but Martz was NO WHERE NEAR this forgiving for Warner, and I wonder when he will give up on Marc the way he gave up on Kurt.

That is what I meant by this thread.

gap

BTW: I am also hoping they can work on his streaky play. A Psycologist maybe?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast