Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: How long before Bulger is replaced?

Warner had several chances to keep his job. When Warner was replaced it wasn't after a game when he had a 100+ QB rating, it was when he fumbled the ball 6 times and lost the football game for the Rams.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think I know what it is you are trying to do here. I don't think it's Marc. I think it's the O-line. Look how well he does when the line holds up as opposed to the swiss cheese we had most of the past 20 games. If, I repeat, if the O-line holds up, he can go better than Warner. OTOH, if he is protected by only a prayer, he can't do anything.
    Maybe you should really be wondering why it has taken so long to get Martz to take our O-line troubles seriously.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps the best response to this thread is to simply answer the question posed in the title.

Approximately 5-7 years.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap
    but Martz was NO WHERE NEAR this forgiving for Warner, and I wonder when he will give up on Marc the way he gave up on Kurt.
    Probably when it starts costing the Rams a lot of games, or it becomes clear that Bulger can't lead the offense effectively or efficiently.

Bulger helped put THREE TOUCHDOWNS on the scoreboard today while completing 75% of his passes. Are we seriously having this discussion?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Bulger was hit hard today* -- and not only on the 'roughing the passer' play.

I, a forever-Kurt-Warner-Fan, believe MB is a gutsy, down to earth, smart QB.

Most importantly, he is PRODUCTIVE. The Rams players and coaches respect him, as do the majority of fans. He has matured considerably as a player since a couple of years ago.

Now Gap, if you're thinking in terms of a replacement, whenever that time comes, I believe our Harvard Grad, Ryan Fitzpatrick, will do very well (the first real MOBILE Ram QB in a long time). But right now I'm really glad Fitzy is learning from Bulger.

*. - BTW, is MB injured?

bluengreen is offline Registered User

As a Seahawks fan, I can only add my most heartfelt wish that Gap gets his way and Bulger be replaced immediately. He is indeed, far too streaky, and I especially hate it when he gets on one of his streaks in -- say, the fourth quarter?

LOL

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    As a Seahawks fan, I can only add my most heartfelt wish that Gap gets his way and Bulger be replaced immediately. He is indeed, far too streaky, and I especially hate it when he gets on one of his streaks in -- say, the fourth quarter?
    You keep wishing bluengreen. It ain't gonna happen and we are going to need Bulger to look sharp against you guys if this last Seattle game is any indication of anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Our O-line was the reason Warner had all the problems also guys! Not to mention that i honestly do believe that ole Martzie did like MB a little more ! I do like MB as our QB and will not blame this on him by no means ! Our line better learn how to protect or MB will be the next good QB to be hurt and run out of town!...Marc's very capable of running this offense as were Kurt just the line had better take better care of marc than they did Kurt!......You give either QB a line that will protct and they both would have pretty much the same numbers and for anyone that doesnt think so....................hmmmmmmmmm?...................KW would do just as well as any QB out there as well as Marc!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Ridiculous thread.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

After seeing the initial appearance of Barron, I suddenly feel better about Bulger's health. Hopefully, there will be fewer grass stains to take off the back of his jersey each week.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Gap, I Am A Big Bulger Supporter, Took Awhile But I Really Believe This Guy Can Help Us Win, You Do Make Some Valid Points, Last Week These Same Guys Who Are Making Excuses For Bulger "it Was The Line Fault" Or He Was Trying To Get A First Down Should Look Back And See How They Trashed Warner For Fumbling,martz Wont Switch But Your Right He Is Much More Forgiving With Bulger Than He Was With Warner.bulger Is A Perfect Fit For This System.

the brent is offline Registered User

I can see what you mean Gap, a guy can throw for 300+, but loose the ball a couple times and give the game to the other team. Warner used to do this; I agree with the other poster that a lot of the fumble/int blame can be put on the O-line.
    But let me get this straight - you are a Rams fan, obviously must like the NFL and football, but you think the officials are on the take so you refuse to even watch a game on TV? That must be rough.
    SUFFERING IN SEATTLE

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

I was at the game yesterday and Bulger did a hell of a job moving the ball against a tough Titans' defense... Bulger was awful in the 1st quarter because of the offensive line... They weren't giving him much time to complete his passes... But after Arch's interception for TD gave Rams their momentum, Bulger was on fire the rest of the game despite creating 3 fumbles and 1 interception... I think 2 fumbles and 1 int were not his fault... That INT should have not been picked off if Williams didn't tip it... Williams should have either made the catch or let it sail over his head for an incomplete pass... two fumbles were the oline's fault and the other fumble which was returned for a TD, Bulger shouldn't have scramble... He's not a fast scrambler and it was 3rd down and 7... Overall, Bulger did a hell of a job... I think he'll do great against the Giants next week because Barron's in the starting line up now and should be able to hold off Strahan long enough for Bulger to make his passes... I expect us to win next week and against the seahawks in 2 weeks (I will be at the game also) then lose to the Colts in a high scoring affair on MNF in 3 weeks... We need to win the next 2 weeks to feel comfortable...
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Maybe you should really be wondering why it has taken so long to get Martz to take our O-line troubles seriously.
    BINGO !!

I am not sure if this is all on Martz. The FO could share some of the blame. But it is a question that always seems to get overlooked by the so-called experts and reporters.

Regardless, it is an excellent point. Warner took a beating and now Bulger is taking a beating, both at the mercy of Martz' offense with an often suspect O-line.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Warner took a beating and now Bulger is taking a beating, both at the mercy of Martz' offense with an often suspect O-line.
    There really is no other way of stating it. Even with my head still on the floor I could see that MB was lucky to have survived a blow to the throat, a shoulder to the ribs, and a tackle at the knees.

I don't know if MB prays to the same guy as KW or has some other higher power he looks up to, but he better find something that will enable Barron to stop the revolving door over there at RT.

SapHeIs was spinning around so much at that RT turnstile I thought he got into some of that hootch we served up last week.

If Barron doesn't step up, or the FO doesn't trade for someone now, MB isn't going to survive the season - just like KW, if he doesn't start calling on the spirits. MB will be replaced ... but by the streaky play of the o-line.

THUD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast