general counsel is offline Registered User

How many games will we win this year

I wish i knew how to post a poll. 4 or less. 5-6. 7-8. More than 8. I suspect that we have one real good surge in us and will win 5-6 (close to .500 from now to the end of the year), which may be optimistic.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: How many games will we win this year

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I suspect that we have one real good surge in us and will win 5-6 (close to .500 from now to the end of the year), which may be optimistic.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would have liked to have shared your optimism, GC. But Wraith just posted that S. Jax is OUT for this Sunday's game with the 'Boys (loss #4) and with the tricky nature of groin injuries (especially for RBs), it's more than likely he'll be out longer and not be close to 100% until the end of the year. I would like to compare this year so far to a nightmare; but at least in a nightmare at some point you do wake up.
    Rams' final record: 4-12.

WHAT SAY YE?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I would have liked to have shared your optimism, GC. But Wraith just posted that S. Jax is OUT for this Sunday's game with the 'Boys (loss #4) and with the tricky nature of groin injuries (especially for RBs), it's more than likely he'll be out longer and not be close to 100% until the end of the year. I would like to compare this year so far to a nightmare; but at least in a nightmare at some point you do wake up.
    Rams' final record: 4-12.

WHAT SAY YE?
    I say 4 wins may be a stretch. Where would they come from? With no Jax for an indefinite period, Bulger playing when he shouldn't (cracked ribs) 3 starting O-linemen out, best backup linemen out, a mediocre defense........

Maybe we take the Cardinals in two weeks, but I can't see it right now, not the way this team is playing. We'll get hammered by the Cowboys, beating to death by the Ravens, and slaughtered by the Seahawks. With some luck we can beat the Browns. So, at best, we're 2-6 at that point, probably 1-7.

Then after the bye, we play at the Saints and Whiners. (2 more loses) Host the Seahawks and Falcons, (a win against the Falcons?) go to the Bengals, back home with the Packers and the Steelers. (3 more loses) And finally finish in the desert against the Cards. (loss)

By my calculations and predictions, I see only a 2-3 win season. I hope I'm wrong, but this team is too banged up to play competitive football. :\

Oh well, there's always my Angels and Ducks.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Oh well, there's always my Angels and Ducks.
    And how 'bout them Angels!! I've been an Angels fan since they moved to my home town of Anaheim in '66. Sure there have been a lot of tough years (much like what the Rams are going through now) but ever since Mr. Moreno bought the team and kept Mr. Sciosia it's been all good!!!
    BTW speaking of Mike Sciosia he couldn't do any worse a job than what Linehan has done.I say after the Angels win the World Series again, what say we hire Mike to coach the Rams? Sure he doesn't know much about being a professional football coach, but neither does Linehan for that matter. Mike would bring 2 things to the table:
    1.) The players WILL respect him.

2.) Nobody will be allowed to quit on him or the team.

WHAT SAY YE?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Well, I am thinking we only finish with a 13-3 record. A disappointment from what I was expecting, but it should be good enough to get a first round bye in the playoffs.

GO RAMS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theodus69 is offline Registered User

2 Games is all we win this year! But we do need to be in the top 5 picks for a couple of years. 1 year to get an outstanding player or players in the draft, the next year to trade down for a boat load. this team will always be my team, but i think we could be in a recession or rebuilding time. I made it through the 90's and the move, I can make it through this!!!!! 2 or 3 bad years and we could rebuild faster.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    And how 'bout them Angels!! I've been an Angels fan since they moved to my home town of Anaheim in '66. Sure there have been a lot of tough years (much like what the Rams are going through now) but ever since Mr. Moreno bought the team and kept Mr. Sciosia it's been all good!!!
    BTW speaking of Mike Sciosia he couldn't do any worse a job than what Linehan has done.I say after the Angels win the World Series again, what say we hire Mike to coach the Rams? Sure he doesn't know much about being a professional football coach, but neither does Linehan for that matter. Mike would bring 2 things to the table:
    1.) The players WILL respect him.

2.) Nobody will be allowed to quit on him or the team.

WHAT SAY YE?

YES SIR MIKE SCIOSIA IS A GREAT COACH PERIOD... HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING IN THE CLUTCH AND WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN.... GO ANGELS AND GO LAKERS BABY....

THIS SEASON IS OVER FOR OUR RAMMIES GUYS