Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Milan Guest

Re: How many games won this year?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    How is it rational to predict anything when you don't even know who the QB will be (not to mention the likelihood that there will be 2-3 other new starters on the team who are not on the roster yet)?
    So why not call out everyone making a prediction as opposed to just those making a negative one?

As of now, I'm going with 4-12 as well here.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

16, no reason not to.

npow81 Guest

How is it rational to predict anything when you don't even know who the QB will be (not to mention the likelihood that there will be 2-3 other new starters on the team who are not on the roster yet)?

If you want to predict a 4-12 in August, that's fine. But right now, I think its a bit early for any prediction.
    Well its going to be (a) Sam Bradford, a rookie, and Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco aside, not to many rookies head up winning teams, or (b) A.J. Feeley an average journeyman.

Either way there is not a wealth of talent supporting the qb.

Like i said I hope for the best, but I am not going to be surprised when the win total comes up 4-5.

A fan who is in touch with reality does not make them less of a fan

ludairv is offline Registered User

if the teams healthy enough and by the end of the summer theyve built up depth ...then anything is possible

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

"Anything is possible"

I keep that mindset in life and the NFL is no different. Never know who from the current roster steps up. Never know how the addition of solid veterans will affect us. We haven't even drafted anyone so god knows who we can get and start for us.

Way too early for this so I will simply reserve my season predictions for August to be as accurate as possible.

Gun to my head and with our current roster. 5 wins.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    A fan who is in touch with reality does not make them less of a fan
    But you're not "in touch with reality," because the "reality" has not yet revealed itself. You are merely making a prediction, which you are welcome to do.

I prefer waiting until I have more facts before I make my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    So why not call out everyone making a prediction as opposed to just those making a negative one?
    Because I consider hope and optimism to be good qualities for fans. By contrast, I see little value in starting a thread in early-April to predict failure for the upcoming season.

Seriously... am I the only one who remembers 1999? I wonder what our "in touch with reality" fans would have posted on a message board regarding a team that had gone 3-13, had a Head Coach on the "hot seat," and had just lost its new starting QB to a season ending injury.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-10-2010 at 08:26 PM.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Anywhere between 6-9 wins

npow81 Guest

I'll put it this way, I hope that I'm wrong.

I'd much rather be wrong than right, but if this is an honest assessment, 4-5 is what I see.

Just because I forsee this doesn't mean I don't have hope.

The greatest joy I've ever felt as a fan was the 99' season, and part of that was how unexpected it was, I can only hope that someday that feeling can be recreated, but if you ask me how many games I think we will when, none of this changes an honest assessment of the facts before me.
    Last edited by npow81; -04-11-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Milan Guest

Seriously... am I the only one who remembers 1999? I wonder what our "in touch with reality" fans would have posted on a message board regarding a team that had gone 3-13, had a Head Coach on the "hot seat," and had just lost its new starting QB to a season ending injury.
    I'm done hoping for 1999...I've been doing it for the past 5 years and it just never happens.

I'm not hoping for a 4-12 record, I'm praying I get proven wrong...but as it stands right now, with the talent on this team, I really don't see us being too much better than last year.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

I just hope you guys don't go to home guys and yell out "Rams Suck" because that's what you feel. Hopefully you yell out "GO RAMS" and "YOU CAN DO IT". The Rams get enough of other people's fans telling them they suck. They don't need THEIR fans doing it as well. Support your team no matter what. Its cool to say what you think on the message boards but dont be "honest" at football games for the love god...

general counsel is online now Registered User

I think you can make a rationale prediction based on what is on our roster now, and based on what is on our roster now, i see no reason to believe that we are going to win more than four games. Thats not pure speculation, its based on talent level and experience. Can bradford change that? Maybe, but the history of the nfl suggests otherwise, especially given the past performance of our offensive line.

I think the comparisons to 1999 are WAY out of line. That team added faulk and holt and already had a solid offensive line. Warner came out of nowhere, but the odds of bradford being warner at a million to one as a rookie and feeley is essentially a proven stiff.

I agree, anything is possible. So is world peace. Sure, we will have a better idea later in august, but as it stands now, there is no evidence to suggest we are close to a .500 team and plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Bottom line. The best predictor of future performance is past performance. Its not foolproof of course, but the probability of us having an 8 win season are low, and i would LOVE to be wrong.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I never said that 2010 is going to be another 1999. However, 1999 should have taught all of us that you just never know how things will turn out.

As I said, I'll wait until I see what the roster looks like in August before I start making predictions.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Regardless of what happens in the draft, free agency and trades between now and August, I just don't think it's very likely that we will win more than 6 games this season. I'm just being pragmatic about it. Of course anything is possible and of course I'd love nothing more than another 1999 season, but it's not realistic to expect miracles.

theodus69 Guest

Well i guess nobody should post anything that may not be agreeable with somebody else. no wait...this is dead time and predictions are just fine and pretty funny at that. Who cares if we haven't drafted all the players yet or picked up more FA's . Hell I haven't had dinner yet , but i'm gonna bet it's gonna be good and hell there isn't anything in the fridge! WhEEEWWWWW. Draft day is coming up . So post all the dead stuff now . I've seen some pretty stupid stuff posted on here but what the hell, people are always gonna post ridiculas stuff cause there is nothing to post about!!!!!! You have just crossed over into the DEAD ZONE. April 22nd can't get here fast enough can it? Better shut down the Clan till then................JEEEEEZZZZZ!..........It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Well i guess nobody should post anything that may not be agreeable with somebody else. no wait...this is dead time and predictions are just fine and pretty funny at that. Who cares if we haven't drafted all the players yet or picked up more FA's . Hell I haven't had dinner yet , but i'm gonna bet it's gonna be good and hell there isn't anything in the fridge! WhEEEWWWWW. Draft day is coming up . So post all the dead stuff now . I've seen some pretty stupid stuff posted on here but what the hell, people are always gonna post ridiculas stuff cause there is nothing to post about!!!!!! You have just crossed over into the DEAD ZONE. April 22nd can't get here fast enough can it? Better shut down the Clan till then................JEEEEEZZZZZ!..........It's all good.
    I think we've just seen why they invented decaf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast