30 54.55%
  • 9-11

6 10.91%
  • 12+

4 7.27%

Thread: How Many wins

MetalHead90 is offline Registered User

How Many wins

just wondering how much wins you guys think the rams will get this i think 6-9

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: How Many wins

I wanna say anywhere in the 4-6 range, so I went with 3-5 since it has more of the options in it than 6-9. If I had to put a bet down today though, I'd probably say the Rams'll end up at 6 wins.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

This year our record will be 5-11, 6-10 at best homie.

LifeLongRam Guest

I think we'll suprise people and end up at 7-9.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

We will be 9-7 hopefully 10-6 and playoff spot
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

I'd be delighted with 7-9, I don't expect a complete turnaround in just one year, just signs that we will be a good team in the next few years. Even 6-10 would be a drastic improvement.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I think a better question is if they end with 3 or 4 wins is anybody really upset? It is an improvement with a new coach and new systems, but still would be a hard pill to swallow.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I always go into the season believing we can win all of our games. Likely- probably not. But hey that's how I roll. I'm not going to hold the failures and losses of the old regime against this new one. It's a brand new season and whether or not the Power Rankings say so, everyone comes into the season with a clean slate and no losses. So here is to our currently undefeated season in '09!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I always go into the season believing we can win all of our games. Likely- probably not. But hey that's how I roll. I'm not going to hold the failures and losses of the old regime against this new one. It's a brand new season and whether or not the Power Rankings say so, everyone comes into the season with a clean slate and no losses. So here is to our currently undefeated season in '09!
    Wow, C-mob you have got to be one of the most positive people I know, whatever it is that you are sippin' on make sure you let me know.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Just like Vermiel's first year, 4 & 12. Then we get Marshall Faulk and.......
    The break, don't bend offense.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

19-0, Why not? A perfect Rams season!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A-Web is offline Registered User

I believe that this was a topic that had been discussed...2-3 months back. I cannot recall the name to locate it, but I remember putting enough time and effort into a breakdown of the season, that I came up with a surprising number. Based on this being a new thread, and not being able to find the same thread, I might as well re-do what I had done, and see if it comes up any differently, since we have now went through some more signings and goings-on in the NFL since then.

Here goes...By order of play, labeled away with an @, or home with no symbol, followed by the team name, and then chance of victory. Summary then follows with explanation. For the sake of this breakdown, I am making the general summary that I am considering Home Field Advantage a 5% differential. This will be visible when comparing games with teams that are played twice, and will be calculated into the others accordingly as well.

1) @ Seattle Seahawks - 55% chance of Rams victory - Both teams come into the first game of the season looking to start off on the right foot. Hasselbeck hasn't played in a regular season game in some time, and the Hawks running game could be called embarassing by some. They have made steps to develop the defensive side of the ball, but as of game 1, these new players and rookies are not going to be 100% transitioned into the system. T.J. Houshmandzadeh gives them an experienced wideout for Hasselbeck to rely on, but the offensive transition from Cincy to Seattle will be apparent, as the offenses are entirely different. Housh will now be asked to run more vertical routes, and to be treated as a true #1 receiver. He will not be allowed the simple across the middle routes that he has excelled at in Cincinnatti. He could make this transition well, or he could find it troublesome. The Rams come into this game knowing that their running back has the ability, and although Bulger was beat up last season, he also played in the majority of games, and doesn't have the rust on him that Hasselbeck does. The strongest part of Seattle's offense will be the pass, and that is what the Rams have worked very hard to strengthen this offseason. As long as Jackson is 100% going into game 1, there is no doubt that the Rams will be able to set the pace in this game, and in the end, have an above 50/50 chance to walk off the field with a victory. (60/40 chance, 5% flux for away game makes it 55/45)

2) @ Washington Redskins - 25% chance of Rams victory - The Redskins come into this game being a team that has attempted to buy victories this season. Although it has been proven that money alone cannot buy a championship, it never hurts. Recently signed Albert Haynesworth will test the offensive line, and there is no doubt that Bulger will be on his back in this game. This is a game that the Rams offense will be tested in, and that the defense will have every opportunity to keep the game close. The defense will go up against a 5 veteran yet un-elite quarterback Jason Campbell, and a running back who has taken a beating over the years in Clinton Portis. Portis could come out this year with fresh legs, and if he does, he will be very dangerous for the first half of the season at the least. If the Rams are to come out of this game with a victory, it is going to have to be a victory by keeping the score low (at least their opponents) and being able to convert on offense. If they can produce on the field against the Washington Redskins defense, there is no defense they will face in the regular season that they should find more difficulty. (30/70 matchup, with a 5% flux for the away game)

3) Green Bay Packers - 55% chance of Rams victory - With a quarterback with the potential to lead the league in passing yards and touchdowns on their side, as well as a newly contracted Greg Jennings, the Green Bay Packers offense is possibly the most difficult offense that the Rams will go up against all season. This is, of course, assuming that starting runningback Ryan Grant returns to the production numbers that he had in 2007-2008. Where the Green Bay Packers are weakest, is on defense. The reason the Packers did not reach the playoffs was their inability to outscore their opponents. If their defense is at least up to par, the Rams will be in for a shootout-type game. (50/50 matchup with a flux of 5% for the Rams at home.)

4) @ S.F. 4ty9ers - 50% chance of Rams victory - Potentially the most even game the Rams will play all season, this rivalry is going to showcase two new head coaches, and is going to set the pace for many years to follow. The Rams, however, have a few advantages that the 4ty9ers cannot claim. The Rams have a veteran quarterback who has proven his value, and the Rams also have a newly created offensive line + fullback that is ready to create lanes for Steven Jackson. With two defensive-minded head coaches at the helms, these two teams are going to start looking less and less like their former selves, and at the same time, they will still continue to mirror each other for years to come. The once amazing passing attacks, have now become hard-nosed defensive battles, with the offense being carried by two workhorses in Jackson and Gore. This match is a toss-up 50/50, with whomever wins this game taking the advantage in the 2nd meeting this season.

5) Minnesota Vikings - 45% chance of Rams victory - Whether Favre returns to play, or he stays at home, the Vikings offense is still going to go through Adrian Peterson. The defensive line will be tested, and the linebackers are going to have to step it up for the Rams as well. The Vikings have, of recent, had a very solid defense, and will put up a strong test to Bulger, Jackson & Co, and will come into this game feeling a win is on the way. The Rams will have to play a game similar to how they must play the Redskins in order to win this one, and if the offense doesn't get moving, there will be little to no chance of victory. (40/60 matchup, with a 5% flux for the Rams at home)

6) @ Jacksonville Jaguars - 55% chance of Rams victory - Torry Holt receives a visit by his old team this week. The Jaguars are a high-powered offensive team that could make a run to the playoffs if the defense is at least average this season. With Maurice-Jones Drew behind quarterback Gerrard, and Torry Holt downfield, this offense will be able to produce. The Rams will have a very similar offense to put on the field, and this game may come down to the smallest differences. This will be the game that everyone looks at to see if letting Torry Holt go was the right thing to do, and whether Avery was meant to take over the #1 WR spot on the roster. If Avery has/does step up this season by this point, the Rams should be able to run a smooth offense, and let the defense fight to keep this game theirs.

7) Indianapolis Colts - 20% chance of Rams victory - The strong defensive Colts, with an incredible pass-orriented offense, are going to be one of, if not THE best opponents that the Rams will play this season. Peyton Manning can go into any game, against any defense, and find holes, no matter how small. The defense can frustrate any opponent, and the only thing about this game that the Rams might be able to look forward to, is the following week's opponent, after a nasty defeat. The Rams will have to play their best game this week, because if they do not, they are not going to come close to a win.

8) @ Detroit Lions - 70% chance of Rams victory - Home or away, teams have proven that neither the Lions nor the Rams are unbeatable. In fact, over the last few seasons, even their home games have been freebies for opposing teams. This season, however, marks the beginning of a new era for both these teams. The only measurable to go by is change and momentum. The Rams have arguably made more offseason moves than the Lions, and have a few more centerpieces to go off of than the Lions. Whereas the Lions are going to be either playing a new quarterback this season, or waiting for the transition to occur, the Rams, at least for the time being, have their quarterback. When comparing the runningbacks of these two squads, there is no comparision, Jackson is by far superior. One advantage that the Lions have is Calvin Johnson. If the Rams can pressure the quarterback (whichever it is) and the secondary led by O.J. Atogwe and Ron Bartell can hold Calvin Johnson so even a fair game, the Rams should be able to have their way with the weak Detroit Defense.

- Bye - A well placed Bye week this season, the Rams will have time to evaluate the next half of the season, and prepare for a few difficult challenges.

9) New Orleans Saints - 60% chance of Rams victory - Unless the Saints can figure out how to stop opponents this season, any team with a mediocre offense will find a way to score enough points of them to keep it close. The Rams offense is more than capable of scoring points, and the developing defense should be enough to force Brees to air out the ball during the game. If the secondary makes half the plays it needs to, the Rams should have a clear path to a victory. If Brees comes out and makes plays, the Rams are going to have to adjust the offense, and fire on all cylinders to Avery and Jackson downfield just to keep up.

10) Arizona Cardinals - 45% chance of Rams victory - A fresh wave of fans has now joined the Cardinals. They have a strong offense as long as Warner is the quarterback, and now have a stronger ground game with Tim Hightower and Chris "Beanie" Wells in the run as well. By this point, it is highly likely that Hightower would have returned to his goal-line duties, and if Wells can avoid being sidelined, will most likely be the main rusher for this team. If the defense plays anywhere near as well as it did in the playoffs last season, this is going to be a competitor for the title again this year as well.

11) Seattle Seahawks - 60% chance of Rams victory - A repeat of the first game, except this time, the game is going to be played on the Rams turf. As long as Jackson is playing and healthy, the game should be similar to the first matchup.

12) @ Chicago Bears - 45% chance of Rams victory -A strong team inside and out. The only obvious weakness is in the receiving squad. With a secured starting quarterback in Jay Cutler, and a strong running back in Matt Forte, this tandem may be all the Bears need to turn their division upside down this season. Attacking the Bears defense is going to be a challenge, but a necessary one. If the defensive line of the Rams can hold the rushing game, and force Cutler to throw it to his mediocre receivers, this is a game the Rams can take. Hester being the #1 receiver for Cutler this season, is a burner. He has speed, and can use it. He has drawn many pass-interference calls in the past year or two, and the Rams are going to have to scheme covereage to ensure he does not get open.

13) @ Tennessee Titans - 45% chance of Rams victory - One of last season's best performers, this team has not retained the strength that it had. The defense has lost members, particularly the anchor Albert Haynesworth, as well as a few other key components. Their tandem at runningback is a noteable challenge for any team, but will it be as much a split job as once believed this season? Tennessee will rely on its defense and ground game to win this season, but it will not compete at the level it did in 2008. Which quarterback will be on the field? There are alot of questions around this team, which did not do a whole lot to improve over the offseason, and lost a few of it's leaders along the way.

14) Houston Texans - 60% chance of Rams victory - A team that has never seen the playoffs. This is a good and bad thing. They either will not find their way back, or will be hungry to finally reach that milestone. Either way, the Rams need to go into this game and produce on both sides of the ball, and are more than capable to do so. The Texans make their point on offense, and stopping Steve Slayton will be the key to victory. The Rams new defense should be more than experienced enough to key onto a specific player, and with Carriker pushing the inside, and Long coming from the edge, all the Rams will need to do is cover the receivers, and stop the running attack.

15) @ Arizona Cardinals - 40% chance of Rams victory - Repeat of the first meeting, if the Cardinals are doing good this season, their home field will make a small difference. If not, how many fans will still be around to support them if they fall so quickly?

16) S.F. 4ty9ers - 50%* chance of Rams victory - A grudge match to end the season. If either team is in position to seal off either the division, or a playoff spot, that team would be in an advantegeous position going into this week. Also, whomever walked away from the game with a victory in 4 will come into this game confident, and have a little more edge with them as well. A second matchup in the rivalry, if both runningbacks are full-strength, this will be another grind, and as cliche as it is, whoever wants it more, is going to get it. (* denotes that many factors, including potential playoff spots, and previous games, will factor into the chance of a victory)

A-Web is offline Registered User

So based on that, if it were concluded that we win each game that had a 50% shot or more, we would have a 9/7 record. Give or take for wins under the 50% mark and losses above it, but yeah, I say a 9/7 record after I look at the schedule and how it will pan out.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

16-0, in playoffs 19-0 with superbowl win.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    16-0, in playoffs 19-0 with superbowl win.
    I'm with you, undefeated & SB champs! Actually, I see the Rams going 9-7 or 10-6.