TheCatch49 Guest

How many of you are from LA?

Just curious...

and how many of you hope the team moves back?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How many of you are from LA?

I live in Massachusetts but was born and raised in the LA area.

I could care less where the RAMS play. Although the LOS ANGELES RAMS has a nicer ring to it than the ST. LOUIS RAMS.

GO RAMS!

IronRam is offline Registered User

L.A. native here. I wouldn't be against the Rams moving back to L.A., however, I prefer that they stay rooted in St. Louis. It's a great excuse to go visit the city every year and I wouldn't want what happened to us to fall upon the St. Louis fans. Ever.
    :ramlogo:

RamsFan10 Guest

I live in St. Louis, 15 minutes away from the Dome.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Hmmmmmm so cal through and through... Though would like to see them here again I do not think it is a likely outcome !

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

i stay in bike ride distance of the dome, right by the Budweiser building.

"If the rams were to leave i would probably go on a mass murdering streak the likes of which hasn't been seen in Saint Louis before!!........"--Bralidore

Oo

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Live in So. Cal, though I'd like my Rams to move to L.A. so it can be a 2 hour drive for me. The only Rams game I've ever been to was in San Diego and that was four years ago.

L.A.RamFan Guest

Born and raised in So cal - Live 10 miles from the "New" site there supposedly building for a team - would LOVE if they would come back! But id bet the Jaguars make there way here.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.RamFan View Post
    Born and raised in So cal - Live 10 miles from the "New" site there supposedly building for a team - would LOVE if they would come back! But id bet the Jaguars make there way here.
    Have you read this article posted a few days ago on nfldotcom?

Worth looking at it on the site as well as reading below because of the artist rendering/graphic of the design. Looks amazing; kind of fantastical, like a Hobbit stadium. It seems to have landscaping/lawns on the sloping outside walls as if the arena itself was scooped out of the top of a big green hill.

Judging from the statement below by the folks behind the project, it doesn't seem likely that it'll be the future home of Steve Spagwise & Bilbo Devaniggans & family, though.

I guess it would be easier for me to shoot down from Whiner country for a game but I can barely afford NFL Game rewind these days never mind what they'll probably charge for tickets to pay for that green palace.

Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES -- The company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles said Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate to Southern California.

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium in the city of Industry, some 25 miles east of Los Angeles. They also include the San Francisco *****, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

Majestic Reality Co. / Associated Press
    Majestic Realty Co. hopes to lure an NFL team to a planned stadium in the city of Industry, located about 25 miles
    east of Los Angeles.
    However, Semcken said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions.

"Jacksonville and Buffalo are two teams in very, very small markets," Semcken said. "They are teams that have either outdated stadiums or are having trouble filling their stadiums or both."

The Jaguars have struggled for years to fill Jacksonville Municipal Stadium and had seven of their eight regular-season games blacked out on local television this season. The Bills have played some home games in Toronto in an effort to expand their market.

Messages were left seeking comment from the Jaguars and Bills.

Jaguars majority owner Wayne Weaver and Bills owner Ralph Wilson have steadfastly dismissed any suggestion that they will sell or move their teams.

Semcken said Majestic will not approach the *****, Chargers or Vikings as long as those teams are seeking stadium plans of their own. He said it wouldn't be fair to interfere with their efforts to remain in their home markets.

Semcken also said Majestic chief executive Ed Roski's preference is to find owners willing to sell their franchise to a consortium of investors that he would lead, rather than buying a minority stake in a team that would move with its existing majority owner at the helm.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I live in Massachusetts but was born and raised in the LA area.

I could care less where the RAMS play. Although the LOS ANGELES RAMS has a nicer ring to it than the ST. LOUIS RAMS.

GO RAMS!
    St louis rams has a nicer ring to it than los angeles rams..

The Rammer Guest

Nope, I live in Saint Louis and I love it. There's nothing better than spending a Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome, but I still can't make all the games. I missed 2 games this year.

Truth is offline Registered User

I am originally from LA (SF Valley). I firmly believe that the front runner for the move is Jacksonville. However, I thought a couple of comments (or ommissions) were interesting. 1st, when mentioning teams that they wouldn't bother with, the Rams were not mentioned. 2nd, They're looking for a team that is for sale. Hmmmm.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I grew up in Hollywood.

Hollywood, Florida, that is.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I grew up in Whittier, north of Anahiem Stadium about 15-20 minutes. Moved to NorCal shortly before the team moved. I would prefer the team stay in St Louis and continue to lay down roots and rebuild the team. I would prefer this even if I continued to live in SoCal.
    Semper Fi!