View Poll Results: How much blame is Linehan due?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The buck stops with the HC. SLOP is right!

3 9.38%
  • He's a big part of the problem, but it would be wrong to single him out.

9 28.13%
  • I blame him and the players equally.

10 31.25%
  • He's okay. I don't think he's the main problem.

4 12.50%
  • Stop blaming the coach! You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****!

6 18.75%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How much blame is Linehan due?

To what extent do you hold him responsible?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: How much blame is Linehan due?

there is little you can do with anyone if they dont want to try

with the way this season is going i dont think it would be much of a problem if Linehan benched people who arent trying, and to also get some of the young players some playing time

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Good idea. There is nothing to lose at this point. Let the younger guys play and lets see if they are a little bit hungrier!

Rambos is offline Registered User

We looked like did not want to play. This is where you find out who will be on the team next year.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I place the blame on both the players and the HC. I would venture to guess that all the players in the NFL had dreams of being a professional football player from a very young age. So not being excited about playing is just not acceptable to me. On the otherhand being a professional football player is a grind and the losing mentality becomes the norm and is accepted. Linehan needs to get these players in the right frame of mind....everyone needs a little kick in the pants from time to time. Linehan is the teacher and motivator, he needs a kick too...

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

As much as I am angry with Linehan, I cant blame it on him for the players not showing up to play. I like his strategy on offense this year to include SJ as a main weapon and Bulger has cut down on INT as well. His first season should not be viewed as a disappointment where he is to blame, it should be looked at as a building season where Linehan made lemonade out of the remaining lemons he had and showed St. Louis that this team has some steps to take before it can be a contender but he will be there to lead us.
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, Bulger has stepped up and taken the reigns of the offensive leader, (which I think Linehan is glad), I just want to know who on the defense will step up and take charge.

The coach can only do so much, it's up to the players, and the vets in particular , to take charge if players aren't putting forth the effort.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

blood85 is offline Registered User

Maybe LL should step up or Travis Fisher, one of the Vets needs to step up and kick that D in the pants.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I voted for both the players and coaches being at fault equally. Linehan's offseason workout program may have them in better shape physically, but I doubt his ability to motivate his team and prepare a game plan to make them successful. I just don't think that the players have either adjusted from the Martz plan to the Linehan plan, and/or they don't have confidence in him or his abilities yet. If a team seems so unprepared mentally to play, and the game plan does not match what the competition is doing, then I lay much of that at the coach's feet. However, it is not the player's place to question either. They are highly paid and skilled atheletes that have a job to do. Many don't seem to be putting in the effort. I lay that mainly at the player's feet. They just don't seem to be meshing as a group with the new coaching staff or the new philosiphy. The coach needs to demand more accountability and show some fire himself at the press conference, on the field, during practice and in the locker room. I can't recall a time when this team has come out at the half fired up after a brutal effort in the first half. There seems to be no guidance or direction from the staff or the leaders on this team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...