r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

How Much Will We Run Against Tampa Bay's Defense?

The Bucs rank 31st in rushing defense, allowing 157 yards per game and a whopping 5.3 yards per carry, so it could be a big day for Jackson. It'll be interesting to see what the balance is between run and pass, and just how "conservative" Shurmer wants to get with his game plan. The fact that the Bucs offense ranks 31st in scoring at only 16 points per game could also factor into a run heavy attack.

Obviously the game situation will determin a lot of what happens, but I would be more than happy to see the offense grind it out and turn Jackson loose on them.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: How Much Will We Run Against Tampa Bay's Defense?

I think we will pile up run yardage...unless Tampa is ahead by 17 points or more, there is no reason why we can't run all over the field.

Sjax all day

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I think Jackson will put up some big numbers if we avoid the pitfall of predictability.

Yes TB isn't good at stopping the run but if we go too conservative and predictable they will eventually stack the box.

Don't forget they have given up over 200 passing yards in 3 of the 5 games and the other 2 were in the 180 range.

So the duh statement is... the more we can keep our receivers involved the better day Jackson will have. IMHO.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If Jackson gets less than 150 yards combined rushing and recieving I will be surprised ad disappointed. The Bucs obvious defensive weakness is the run, and it should be Jackson all day long.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Depends, if Shurmur wants to stay vanilla, then I'd be disappointed and ready to put him on the hotseat again.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The Rams WILL attempt to beat them with the run. ...and TB will stack the box knowing that. There will be some neg yardage runs for Jackson, but if they stay with it, and Bradford throws enough passes to keep the Bucs honest, I'm expection Steven to have a big day. The beauty of stacking the box is, IF Jackson breaks through, he'll break a few long ones.

I think the Rams beat them with defense this Sunday. I'm expecting Spags to start unleasing even more blitz packages now that the team is "getting it". This could get ugly for the Bucs.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I think the Rams beat them with defense this Sunday. I'm expecting Spags to start unleasing even more blitz packages now that the team is "getting it". This could get ugly for the Bucs.
    Man, it's fun reading a post that says things could get ugly for an opponent, and actually being able to believe it. 4-3 sounds pretty good.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I think the rams will get most of the running yards late. I would bet it will be tough going early. They will try to take SJ out of it and make Bradford beat them in the air. I would think most of the NFL still doesn’t believe in the rams’ receivers. I see a game much like last Sunday. 29 30 carries 110 yards.
    :ramlogo:

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I think the rams will get most of the running yards late. I would bet it will be tough going early. They will try to take SJ out of it and make Bradford beat them in the air. I would think most of the NFL still doesn’t believe in the rams’ receivers. I see a game much like last Sunday. 29 30 carries 110 yards.
    I'd be surprised if it takes 30 carries for Jax to get 110 yards. But this is a game that I'd be more comfortable sitting on a lead with Jackson. Watching the game last were I was yelling to my friends in the second half "There's no way SD is only gunna get 3 points" because their offense is that good. However, with TB, if the Rams have a 2 TD lead at halftime I wouldn't be as mad to see them pound away at that defense with Jackson. Especially since its a lot more likely to work against TB

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I think we should have S-jax start the game and play every play of the 1st series (hopefully a TD)

Then put Darby in and make it 50-50 on the caries between them then 2nd half let Jackson loose!

Jackson 23 car 121 yrd 1TD
    Darby 11 car 43 yrds