Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How NOT to beat the Seahawks

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: How NOT to beat the Seahawks

i thought the replacements would maybe miss a couple no calls, and some other penalties or whatever

but even the real officials couldn't get away with something so blatant...it's just astounding

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Back on the original point, in the first three games, the Seahawks' opponents have run the ball 57 times (19 per game) as compared to 125 passing plays (42 per game, approx).

Given that the Seahawks don't have what anyone would call a high-powered offense (they are averaging fewer yards per game than the Rams), I think its more important to run the ball, control the clock, slow down the Hawk's pass rush, protect the ball, and win the field position battle, than it is to go for big plays.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Hawks have more rushing yards then passing yards. If we get Brockers back we can stack the box and make them throw. Not letting Lynch take over the game is going to be key. They are a lot like us, they don't have great receivers and their defense is good. This week we don't have to face an all world athlete like RG3, Megatron, We can beat these guys at home.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-25-2012 at 05:57 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Russell Wilson isn't impressive, Jenkins is going to have a nice day. Hopefully Brockers is 100%, could make a major difference slowing down Lynch and getting them in 3rd and longs. Load 8 men in the box and force Wilson to throw the ball.

It isn't just running the ball that will win the game. Screen passes and short timing routes. Rodgers got cooking in the 4th with 5-7 yard timing routes. Snap the ball and fire it out. Don't expect Sam to survive for 3-4 seconds in the pocket. Expect Amendola and Kendricks to get 17+ catches between them. This could be a nice opportunity for Pettis to show how he can do his 7 yard crossing route which he was decent at last year.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

The Pack was at their best when using their no huddle hurry up offense. I would like to see the Rams come out with a fast pace running the ball, using play action roll outs to move the pocket, and using short routed to get the ball out of Sam's hands in a hurry. Once that had been established, I am praying for a deep bomb to Givens. Just one is all I ask for.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

we're at home. our D and 12th man will surely take out their offense so no worries there. get the ball out quick, move Sam around, sustain long drives to tire that D, dont create 3rd and long for ourselves, and catch the dang ball. Oh! score some TDs

HawkDogg is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    we're at home. our D and 12th man will surely take out their offense so no worries there. get the ball out quick, move Sam around, sustain long drives to tire that D, dont create 3rd and long for ourselves, and catch the dang ball. Oh! score some TDs
    You guys have a 12th man, did not know that one. But seriously, hoping to see a great smash-mouth game this Sunday. Can't say I wish ya all a "W", but a good game none the less. You do have the refs this week, I am sure of that one.
    Just hope they don't start tackling our receivers... again

Don't get cute with Bradford (or we will make him pay).
    Just keep handing off to Jackson and maybe, just maybe it will be a game.
    The NFC West is no longer a joke, well maybe one team...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The 1-2 Rams vs. the 2-1* Seahawks. Should be a good game.

* - I think we all know what the asterisk is for. And it will follow them through the rest of the season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDogg View Post
    You guys have a 12th man, did not know that one. But seriously, hoping to see a great smash-mouth game this Sunday. Can't say I wish ya all a "W", but a good game none the less. You do have the refs this week, I am sure of that one.
    Just hope they don't start tackling our receivers... again

Don't get cute with Bradford (or we will make him pay).
    Just keep handing off to Jackson and maybe, just maybe it will be a game.
    The NFC West is no longer a joke, well maybe one team... don't blame the Hawks for that Monday night game. Just because the national media is ripping your head coach for acting like the hawks actually won the game. Tate on national TV acting like an idiot and not acknowledging he push off prior to the make up call for the SB you guys have yet to win. We don't hold it against you guys, maybe this year you guys can become elite and join the club by winning a SB, just maybe with the replacement refs it will happen for you guys.
    HawkDogg likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123