OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

How Real Is It ?

How real is our love for the game and the RAMS :

I have been here short time but have been a RAMS fan for over 46 yrs ... Since I've been here I have come to know alot of wonderfull people as RAM family fans , For yrs their was nothing like what we have here ... Out of respect for others feelings and thoughts I don't criticize others no matter what they may say , I've always felt and know that no matter what anyone says it does not make it so , its not going to change me , Iam in controll of me and how I react to whats been said will be out of respect for myself and others ... ( With that being said)

Since I been here I have read alot of threads and posts about Who's to blame for the Rams season , and how to fix it , All that is great and thats part of what we do here , We share our feeling with each other right or wrong Its your opinion of what needes to be done ... It should not be taken in a way that leds people to leave this forum or any other forum , Does it matter that much to get upset and get mad ? is it going to change anything by getting upset , Is it going to make the F.O. change , The players change , The NFL change NO !! Lets be honest ! Their is nothing we can do but voice our opinion and hope that things get better...
    Their was a post I read yesterday just a part of it said (r8rh8rmike) "I worry much more about the personal negativity as opposed to the opinion based negativity" That is a very true statment.
    I guess what I'am saying is no matter how the RAMS started and how they finish we are all still Rams fans , And no matter what another fans opinion or behavior is it should not affect other RAMs fans in such a way that they want to go or not be involved .... Yes I must admit that some of the RAM fans of recent yrs are not used to to seeing the RAMS play like this and they are hurting that does not make them any less of a fan than those of us who has been around for years , Granted some are bandwagon types but they dont stick around for too long ... For me I'am hurting over this season but just like the others yrs that were bad I will always be a RAMS fan till the day I die ... No matter what ones negative opinion is Its not going to change how I think or what I belong too , I hope you feel the same way and stay strong and true to your own feelings and opinions but dont let someone esle's negative opinion make you lose control of you or how think or what forum your in ! ! I want to thank most all of you for making me feel welcome here and Dez and the mods for running this site ... I'am really looking foreward to seeing whats going to happen in the offseason ... I hope that those of you who read this thread understand the intent of this thread and why I felt this needed to be said ... I know alot of RAMS fans are hurting right now and they want to take that hurt out on something or someone ... For those of you who have been RAMS fan for just a few years or during time we started going to the show (S.B.) this is the way Pro Football is (AVENGER RAM) is right on a few points :
    " The problem is 1999. The greatest year in Rams history has had a nasty side effect. Certain fans just don't get how special that year was and, as a result, are unable to accept that a year like that may come only once in a lifetime "... The RAMS have had alot of 1st in the NFL , They are one of the top NFL teams in NFL history , WE have alot to be proud of thanks for listening...

Attachment 646

Attachment 647

Attachment 648

Attachment 649

Attachment 650
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-19-2005 at 03:51 AM.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: How Real Is It ?

Nice post I believe we need to encourage people to talk about how they feel and start threads that generate discussion. If the minority in the crowd speaks out and says something his voice should be heard without the comments about alternative motive, why was this thread started, this is ridiculous it could never happen, or always saying why the other person did what he did or said what he said like they know what he is thinking. Some try to start arguments by telling the other person what he is thinking. I say what I believe on this site and I don't look at popular opinion or side intentionally with anyone on a subject. We should discuss the issues and our stance on the issues and then let it go. I can disagree totally with one person on one post and then totally agree on the next. I am a loyal Ram fan that likes analyzing the situation for what it is and my opinion is just that one persons opinion its not going to be influenced by others without giving me a good reason to change my opinion. People can change my mind if they point out something when they do I reevaluate my stance. The best way to change anyoneís mind is through talking facts instead of questioning motive, talking about why this thread was started, or telling the person what he is really thinking. Facts are what help me change my mind.
    With all that said I never hold grudges or negative thoughts about what individuals have said to me because I am not one to judge others. Once the discussion is over its over.

Sorry so long but great post.

I encourage everyone to post their thoughts.
    I also ask that members are not so fast to have a go at first posters. It takes a lot for some people to put their thoughts down for everyone to see, dissect and either agree with or not.

The way I look at it, there is a very vocal minority who try and put over their point of view. Thatís not a bad thing so hey you minority lot, donít get on my back Let people post and like I always say, if your going to reply, pretend the original poster is standing in front of you, he is 7ft 3 and 500 pounds, so be nice.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I try to post my opinions, yet be non-offensive when I do so. I guess that comes from so many years of dealing with drunks when I worked at the bar...
    If I post something wrong, I expect to be corrected. If I say something offensive, I expect the person whom I offended to stand up and tell me so, in a nice manner. If I say something stupid, well, that's just a result of the brain damage Mom inflicts with the frying pan after I tell her to do her "woman's work".
    In other words, call me out when I am out of line. If I get upset over it, I'm a big boy, I can handle it. But, if it's just someone starting a pissing match with me because of a little difference of opinion, I may call someone out on that.
    It's a forum...a place to come and discuss things. People will have different opinions. And opinions are like....um, belly buttons. Everybody has one. (Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?) So, DISCUSS, already! Just be nice when you disagree with someone. If you disagree, attack the issue, not the person making the post!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    I encourage everyone to post their thoughts.
    I also ask that members are not so fast to have a go at first posters. It takes a lot for some people to put their thoughts down for everyone to see, dissect and either agree with or not.
    This I agree with 100%.

The way I look at it, there is a very vocal minority who try and put over their point of view.
    Dez you classify the minority as vocal and try to put over their point of view.
    Do you classify the majority the same way as vocal and try to put over their point of view?

Do you think first time posters that happen to not believe the popular opinions are vocal? Especially when they see the popular opinion attack the idea of the thread in the first place?

That’s not a bad thing so hey you minority lot, don’t get on my back
    When I refer to minority I refer to it on a subject-by-subject basis. Otherwise you are profiling and labeling a person one-way or the other. To categorize people as one or the other is not really fair to the people. Because they can take the popular or unpopular stance depending on what the subject is about. Therefore I really don't understand this comment.

Dez I respect the time you take in making this site as nice as it is. On this site I will question things regardless of poster or subject based on my beliefs. If that makes me a member of some minority then great it’s an exclusive club I would be proud to belong to. I don't care if their is a guy 7'3 and 500lbs in front of me if he don't play nice I won't back down regardless of the consequences. I do agree with don't start the **** with the guy if you don't have to but that don't mean you should hold back with your opinions.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Some try to start arguments by telling the other person what he is thinking.
    Heres where I disagree. (Since I know this is directed at me, plus some others) I never try to start an argument, theres no point to it. When someone posts you read it, think about it, decide whether you want to reply. When each individual reads a post, it can be taken different ways by different people. So when I read your post I take it a certain way, and formulate my opinion from that. So it's not someone else telling you what you are thinking, it's one person expressing their opinion on how THEY see it, and how it comes across to them. I read the post and then say hmm well this is what I think, this is what it looks like to me. No one is telling you what you are thinking (or at least I'm not) I'm expressing my opinion on how what you wrote comes across to me. Only you know what you are really thinking, and others can only say what they think about what you post by the way they take it. If I am expressing my opinion and trying to point out something that you might not see or maybe you do, right or wrong I would have to use the word "you". So this is what I think and what it looks like to me, right or wrong that's how it comes across and looks to me. We all have to read alot into what people post because you can't really tell what peoples "tone" is when they type.

When I join a disscussion it does not matter to me if I am in the minority or majority. So it shouldn't be a club to be in the minority or majority. Some people might just join up with the majority but I think it's really easy to tell who's doing that. That is something I don't do.

Myself if I disagree with someone I will post why, it doesn't matter if it's the minority or the majority. If I disagree with the whole board then so be it. BUT I'm always open to others opinions no matter what. It's always great to learn different things that you didn't think of.

So I think if everyone would just try to see if someone on the other side has valid points we would be better off.

What people write and how it looks when you post it (big font, smilies, taking little pot shots at people, negative sarcasm etc) goes a long way in how others will take it and react to it, so if someone comes across as a jerk to some (even if they aren't or weren't trying to be) then that is how it looks to those people, right or wrong.

I have been a Ram fan for a long time, as many of us here. I think there is a lot of good insight here, we all need to take into account when we post how OTHERS might take it, even if we don't mean it that way. I believe that's the biggest problem when it comes to some of these threads turning into arguments when they shouldn't really be arguments at all.

I hope this doesn't turn into a big deal in this thread because that isn't my intent. My bottom line is what you write and how you present it goes a long way in how others will take it.

OldRamsFan & Dez are right we all need to take a step back and hop into the other persons shoes and then post.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Respect for anothers opinion or thoughts are very important since we are like family here we love the same team , Granted we all will look at things differently , I believe respect is always the # one thing when engaging in anything , Respect for yourself is 1st cause most who look at them seleves prior to moving foreward with something they will look how it affectes someone else ...
    I have been a Ram fan for a long time, as many of us here. I think there is a lot of good insight here, we all need to take into account when we post how OTHERS might take it, even if we don't mean it that way. I believe that's the biggest problem when it comes to some of these threads turning into arguments when they shouldn't really be arguments at all.
    Here is a quote from RamBruce , Well stated .I hope this doesn't turn into a big deal in this thread because that isn't my intent. My bottom line is what you write and how you present it goes a long way in how others will take it.

OldRamsFan & Dez are right we all need to take a step back and hop into the other persons shoes and then post.
    well lost again , But for me it nice to see them on the field playing , Wished they had played better ... Offseason coming and looking foreward to that and next week And being here with my RAMS family ...

Attachment 651

Attachment 652

Attachment 653

Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-26-2005 at 02:50 AM.