throwback week

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How Shaw Got Georgia To Agree On The Haslett Hiring (a Fun w/Wiretapping Special)

The agents at the Avenger Bureau of Investigation continue their tireless efforts to bring you, the ClanRam members, exclusive inside information regarding the Rams. Continuing their wiretapping project, they were able to intercept and record this key conversation regarding the hiring of the Rams new Defensive Coordinator, Jim Haslett.

Georgia: "Hello?"

Shaw: "Czarina, its me, John."

Georgia: "John Stamos?"

Shaw: "No, John Shaw."

Georgia: "Oh... what can I do for you?"

Shaw: "Well, I just got off the phone with Scott Linehan and he wants approval to hire Jim Haslett as Defensive Coordinator."

Georgia: "Jim Haslett... you mean that awful redheaded brute who used to make fun of us?"

Shaw: "Well... yes, but he's a very good defensive coach and wants to work with us now."

Georgia: "I don't know... I just don't get the right vibe, John. I'm not sure its in the stars."

Shaw: "I thought of that, and I did a little research. You see, Scott Linehan's brother-in-law is Jim Caviezel..."

Georgia: "You mean the one who played Jesus in Passion of the Christ?"

Shaw: "Yes. Now, stay with me here, Scott is therefore related to 'Jesus' who, of course, was born by immaculate conception, which sounds like 'immaculate reception,' which was a famous play of the Steelers. Jim Haslett coached the Steelers defense and, like others connected with Jesus, eventually became affilliated with the Saints. So, you see, there's a real Karma here."

Georgia: "Why, you're right. I can't believe I didn't see it. Go ahead and hire him right away."

Shaw: "Thank you, Czarina."

Georgia: "Oh, and when he comes for his 'visit' with me, make sure he brings a good bottle of red wine."

Shaw: "I'll have him bring two."

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: How Shaw Got Georgia To Agree On The Haslett Hiring (a Fun w/Wiretapping Special)

Quote Originally Posted by .

[B
    Georgia: "Oh, and when he comes for his 'visit' with me, make sure he brings a good bottle of red wine."[/B]

Shaw: "I'll have him bring two."
    Would that be two bottles of Nederburg Pinotage??

rampete Guest

Re: How Shaw Got Georgia To Agree On The Haslett Hiring (a Fun w/Wiretapping Special)

noo waaay...

i thought georgia, uhhh.. czarina, was a straight shootin' J&B gal....

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam
    Would that be two bottles of Nederburg Pinotage??
    Could be! That is, if Haslett has good taste!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Shaw: "Yes. Now, stay with me here, Scott is therefore related to 'Jesus' who, of course, was born by immaculate conception, which sounds like 'immaculate reception,' which was a famous play of the Steelers. Jim Haslett coached the Steelers defense and, like others connected with Jesus, eventually became affilliated with the Saints. So, you see, there's a real Karma here."
    LOL
    Instant Karma!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Karma is affiliated with Hinduism not Jesus. Sheesh you guys are so lost.

In a World where someone who calls herself Madonna can start calling herself "Esther" and claim to practice Kaballah, I'm not sure such distinctions are relevant.

On another point... what do you think is up between Georgia and John Stamos?

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Actually a bigger problem than Karma, is the fact that the Immaculate Conception does not refer to Our Lord, but rather to His mother.

I think AR's bigger point is that Shaw really has no idea of what he is talking about but knows what to say to get Georgia to go along with it.

Yes, this thread really wasn't intended for a deep discussion of religion. Shaw could have convinced Georgia just as easily through the use of Tarot Cards, a Zodiac chart or a Magic 8 Ball.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Madonna also talks with an English accent now too. Just another note on the weirdo.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Yes, this thread really wasn't intended for a deep discussion of religion. Shaw could have convinced Georgia just as easily through the use of Tarot Cards, a Zodiac chart or a Magic 8 Ball.
    Of course Vodoo always does a nice job too. I mean voodoo explains why Haslett could not succeed in New Orleans. That and having confidence in Aaron Brooks. Im so glad he is now a defensive coordinator only. I think he should not be allowed to speak to an offensive player unless spoken too and even then I would be worried.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

On another point... what do you think is up between Georgia and John Stamos?
    Maybe since Rebecca kicked him to the curb, John decided to slum for a while.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan Guest

On another point... what do you think is up between Georgia and John Stamos? Maybe since Rebecca kicked him to the curb, John decided to slum for a while.
    Perish the thought!! Get that image out of my head!!!!!