jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

How will we fair this season?

What is the Rams record this year. I'm not mat at are offense they will be a top 10 team in offense, possibly a top 5.
    Bulger will throw for over 3500 yards
    Holt will have 1445 yards, and catch 104 balls
    (why they don't talk about Holt, being a top 3 reciever burns me. What other reciever has a 6 consecutive 1300 yard seasons. You know the answer? none not even Jerry Rice. Yet they don't ever mention him has a top 3, he's clearly better than Marvin Harrison. I just don't understand it)
    Bruce will have 1012 yards, and catch 78 balls
    The other recievers combined will have 1200 yards, including the TE's
    Steven Jacksons going to have a 1650 yard season
    Marshall will run for 800 and catch for 450

Deffense will be our question mark. We have to be able to stop the run, in our division we have 2 great running backs in, Alexander, and The Edge. So we have to be able to keep them both under 80 yard a game to be effective. We can't let either of them post 100 yard games on us. I think our secondary can be average and we'll be allright in that area, but the run defense has to be there. That starts with tackles, Which leads me to this. I hope Haslett is a coach that players will play for, cause they clearly wouldn't play for Marmie. They seemed to have hated that guy. Because most of the players that played for Marmie played for Lovie, and that last year they played like they had stickem on their jerseys. That deffense tackled, and tackled well. So Haslett has to find a way of being a good coach while, getting the guys to buy into his system and going to war for him. He's a great coach no doubt, and him just having to focus on Defense, I think will be great for him.

Having said all this I think we will have a 12-4 or 11-5 season. Cardinals and Frisco shouldn't be a problem for us this year. Cardinals cause they have no Offensive line, and Frisco cause they're a young team. Seattle doesn't have any great recievers, but they have a great back which makes recievers a threat. If we take away their running game we take away their passing game cause they don't have any great receivers.

I see 2 difficult, very difficult games from us this year, in Denver and San Diego. Denver we have a little advantage cause we're at home, but this team knows how to win on the road. Chargers (I'll be at the game) will be hard cause it's a road game with another great back in LT. We have to hold their running game also.

One other thing I failed to mention is the play of special teams, mainly on defense. we have to put them in bad field position when punting, and kicking. This is where tackling will be key. If our special teams players step up we will be a force to rekon with. :bling:

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: How will we fair this season?

Yea your right our run defence is gonna be a huge question mark. Look at our schedule and HBs.

We face Edgerrin James twice, Shaun Alexander twice, Ahman Green, LT, Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes!

If our D-Line and LB step up i dont see the other running backs getting over 5 yards each run.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Brand new coaching staff and a lot of new players, adjusting to a new era and playbook, suspect defense. Offense will be explosive. There will be a few struggles along the way to coagulate as a unit. A reasonable hard schedule with a 5 game death march that we could easily go 1-4 in. Marc Bulger will be electric as always, our recieving corps will be solid, and SJ will shine every so often. Our defense will start out in the 20's and will rise to 14-16 by week 5 or so. I feel that we get a 9-7 record this season.

rams! is offline Registered User

I have high expectations for the Rams this year. 10+ win season. Rams have to step it up this year though, the NFC West looks tough this year. Hawks got Peterson, they still have MVP Shaun Alexander, Cards have the Edge in the backfield + BOLDIN + FITZGERALD....We better step up our game.

Ram on nos is offline Registered User

Im trying not to get my hopes up with all this rams bashing from the media but I do think this team has a chance to either win or wildcard the division. Everyone goes on about the seahags now "owning" the west but I dont think they are that much beater than us as everytime we play them its a very close game. The cards are still going to be rubbish this year IMO, all this arizona is the team to watch crap is getting to me. To get 10 or more wins this season the D is guna step up tho. Stoping the run is the key and Kennedy and Glover arent guna be good enough. Man I hope we sign a DT soon!!!!
    Last edited by Ram on nos; -06-01-2006 at 08:24 PM.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram on nos
    Man I hope we sign a DT soon!!!!
    yea me too.... are we still interested in Grady jackson?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I would rather have Dan Wilks.

rams! is offline Registered User

Brenston Buckner from CAR is still a FA. Should we go after him?...Kinda' old though....