View Poll Results: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of the 2012 draft?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will start a mob and will bring torches and pitchforks to the EJD!!!OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!

12 46.15%
  • It'll bother me and ill be pissed for a while but i'll get over it, heck the Sky aint falling right?

4 15.38%
  • We addressed a team need, thats all that matters. We needed the OT/LB/RB/DE etc.

7 26.92%
  • Kirkpatrick all the way baby!!!!!! Perfect for Spags Defense!!!!

2 7.69%
  • We shoulda taking Luck, Bradfors obviously cant get it done

1 3.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of 2012 draft?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of 2012 draft?

Lets say Devany and Spags and crew are all back next year.

Draft time arrives.

Were picking in top 10(possibly top 5 at the rate were heading..)

*For sake of the argument even if we have the #1 pick we trade it away but still draft in the top 10.

Jeffery, Blackmon, Floyd and Fuller are all still on the board.

Instead of picking one of them we draft a different position of need, maybe a CB, or a Tackle or LB.

How would this make you feel?

Me personally, id be furious. As was stated in another thread, we get a 50 million dollar star QB yet we fail to give him ONE legitimate #1 WR to throw to.

My personal wish for the draft would be to get Jeffery/Blackmon in the 1st, Floyd in the 2nd.

p.s. pick up Dwayne Bowe in FA

What are your thoughts?
    ZiaRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of 2012 draft?

If we dont take a WR I will personally go to St. Louis and tell De Spags there both fired.
    Tampa_Ram, Jockelite and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If we dont take a WR I will personally go to St. Louis and tell De Spags there both fired.
    LMAO

Honestly I want Floyd or Blackmon... I'd be happy with either but if we draft someone else outside of them it sure as hell better be KirkPatrick!!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I know I will get flamed for this but it's really a wait and see how the receivers on our team finish out the season.

For instance last year Gibson was a rookie and his play made me seriously doubt him but he seems to be on the right track and has made significant improvements. If the under performing rookies we have can improve at that rate, while Gibson himself keeps improving, we get Amendola back healthy and Clayton picks up where he left off... Our receivers maybe a different story.

If however we look just like we do now at the end of the year... I say drain the draft dry of receivers and pay Bowie what he wants. : )

I know people hate this argument but I'm just not sure Julio or AJ would be having great rookie campaigns with this Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I know I will get flamed for this but it's really a wait and see how the receivers on our team finish out the season.

For instance last year Gibson was a rookie and his play made me seriously doubt him but he seems to be on the right track and has made significant improvements. If the under performing rookies we have can improve at that rate, while Gibson himself keeps improving, we get Amendola back healthy and Clayton picks up where he left off... Our receivers maybe a different story.

If however we look just like we do now at the end of the year... I say drain the draft dry of receivers and pay Bowie what he wants. : )

I know people hate this argument but I'm just not sure Julio or AJ would be having great rookie campaigns with this Oline.
    True our O-line is sucking massivly right now but even so, if all the drops were caught yesterday that wouldve made the skins defense attack bradford less and concentrate more down the field. But i still dont believe in our wr's anymore, except for the nice drive in the 4th, they didnt show much, DX had a nice catch and so did gibson before that, but a couple of grabs doesnt make up for the consistent drops every game by all of our WR's. Even if your O-line was playing well, wouldnt mean our wr's would be able to catch the ball still.
    ZiaRam likes this.

I think we have some dam decent #2, 3, and 4's on this team but no #1's. If we had a game changing WR it would adjust for what the defense has to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    True our O-line is sucking massivly right now but even so, if all the drops were caught yesterday that wouldve made the skins defense attack bradford less and concentrate more down the field. But i still dont believe in our wr's anymore, except for the nice drive in the 4th, they didnt show much, DX had a nice catch and so did gibson before that, but a couple of grabs doesnt make up for the consistent drops every game by all of our WR's. Even if your O-line was playing well, wouldnt mean our wr's would be able to catch the ball still.
    Exactly.. With Megatron in seasons past most teams all game couldn't just load up the box and blitz and rush the QB they had to contend with him. If we had a BA #1 things would be a lot different... I love Gibson but he is NO #1 WR PERIOD!!
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

I understand what you're saying, but Gibson is a 4 year pro. I like the thought of Danny and Clayton back.

I'd love this:

Bowe/DX
    Floyd/Clayton
    Amendola/Pettis
    Curry for ST reasons
    ZiaRam likes this.

d
    I understand what you're saying, but Gibson is a 4 year pro. I like the thought of Danny and Clayton back.

I'd love this:

Bowe/DX
    Floyd/Clayton
    Amendola/Pettis
    Curry for ST reasons
    Unless were drafting in the 20+ range our best chance to get floyd is to move up from the 2nd o hope he falls to us in the second, which still leaves us with to wonder who our #1 pick will be.

I would be able to live easily with Bowe and Floyd coming in, but you still havent said if you want Kirkpatrick with our 1st or a wr. since Floyd will not be a top 10 pick.

just curious how you think the draft might/will pan out for us is all.

I still want wr in 1st and floyd in 2nd/move up a few spots.

Best case scenario for our draft is to be drafting #1 and trading it for multiple picks. and still getting the wr's.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to lose any game and would love to make the playoffs and draft later in the 1st, but at the pace were going, not lookin good.
    ZiaRam likes this.

d

Unless were drafting in the 20+ range our best chance to get floyd is to move up from the 2nd o hope he falls to us in the second, which still leaves us with to wonder who our #1 pick will be.

I would be able to live easily with Bowe and Floyd coming in, but you still havent said if you want Kirkpatrick with our 1st or a wr. since Floyd will not be a top 10 pick.

Best case scenario for our draft is to be drafting #1 and trading it for multiple picks. and still getting the wr's.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to lose any game and would love to make the playoffs and draft later in the 1st, but at the pace were going, not lookin good.
    what do you think on your poll? would you be part of a mob heading to the Dome or would you be ok with Kirkpatrick? Same question to u Sosa?

d

Well lets say we draft #10 (probably where we land). I'd drop down about 12ish spaces to grab Floyd. We could grab ourselves another 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick and 2nd, 4th, 5th for the following year.

Then with our 2 2nd round picks we could take some great players. I'd be open to draft a CB, DT, S, OG (depends on Bell), RB, and depth.

Round 1: Michael Floyd, WR
    Round 2: Janoris Jenkins, CB
    Round 2: Jerel Worthy, DT
    Round 3: Mark Barron, S
    Round 3: Cyrus Gray, RB

Just the first 3 rounds and our team looks a LOT better. What do you think?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    what do you think on your poll? would you be part of a mob heading to the Dome or would you be ok with Kirkpatrick? Same question to u Sosa?
    the second i after i made the pole i was the first to pick, i would head to the EJD and call for spags and devany's head. We need a true #1 wr. the lions would not be 4-0 without megatron, Texans wouldnt be so good without Johnson, Kolb would be looking like a horrible decision without Fitzgerald, and the list goes on.

yes itd be nice to have kirkpatrick, but so will having Murphy and Bartell(hopefully) back which will throw out needing a CB in the 1st.

We need a true #1, and to be honest, we need a true #2 as well. right now we dont have either.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Well lets say we draft #10 (probably where we land). I'd drop down about 12ish spaces to grab Floyd. We could grab ourselves another 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick and 2nd, 4th, 5th for the following year.

Then with our 2 2nd round picks we could take some great players. I'd be open to draft a CB, DT, S, OG (depends on Bell), RB, and depth.

I could live with that, as long as we get Bowe in FA.

we still need a LB though, besides JLau the rest aint cutting it.
    ZiaRam likes this.

I could live with that, as long as we get Bowe in FA.

we still need a LB though, besides JLau the rest aint cutting it.
    Yeah I think so too. I like Poppinga. I think we should re-sign him for a few years. I don't know about the other spot.

I would love that draft. Barron and Mikell at safety would be frightening. Both can take your head off and know how to tackle. Cyrus Gray is a perfect fit for a McDaniels offense in my opinion. Powerful and strong. Worthy is finally some talented run stuffing young blood at DT. Jenkins added to the corner list along with Fletcher, Murphy and Bartell back from injury. We'd be solid there.

And not to mention the combo of Floyd/Bowe.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Well lets say we draft #10 (probably where we land). I'd drop down about 12ish spaces to grab Floyd.

That's not bad at all Sosa, I'd be happy with em.. we do needs a #1 WR BADLY! Like Blackmon

the second i after i made the pole i was the first to pick, i would head to the EJD and call for spags and devany's head. We need a true #1 wr. the lions would not be 4-0 without megatron, Texans wouldnt be so good without Johnson, Kolb would be looking like a horrible decision without Fitzgerald, and the list goes on.

yes itd be nice to have kirkpatrick, but so will having Murphy and Bartell(hopefully) back which will throw out needing a CB in the 1st.

We need a true #1, and to be honest, we need a true #2 as well. right now we dont have either.
    Whatever I've just fallen a bit in love with KirkPatrick lol But seriously you are right we really do need a #1. I still think we should of got vincent jackson but oh well to late for that...

How about if we are in perfect place to fall back in the draft and get a #1 WR Floyd/Blackmon and get extra picks. Would you guys be open to trading back up and getting Kirkpatrick or if we got Kirkpatrick and then traded back up to get Floyd/Blackmon? That would be so bad ass!!! It would be a sign to go marry someone randomly in Las vegas right?

/
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    That's not bad at all Sosa, I'd be happy with em.. we do needs a #1 WR BADLY! Like Blackmon

Whatever I've just fallen a bit in love with KirkPatrick lol But seriously you are right we really do need a #1. I still think we should of got vincent jackson but oh well to late for that...

How about if we are in perfect place to fall back in the draft and get a #1 WR Floyd/Blackmon and get extra picks. Would you guys be open to trading back up and getting Kirkpatrick or if we got Kirkpatrick and then traded back up to get Floyd/Blackmon? That would be so bad ass!!! It would be a sign to go marry someone randomly in Las vegas right?
    Getting Kirkpatrick and blackmon/Floyd and Bowe in FA would be the most ideal situation.
    Id still be fine with Jeferys/Blackmon in the 1st and Floyd in the second as long as Murphy and Bartell return.

I still like your scenario though, and could easily live with it. but i dont see it happening lol, Vjax would be nice too, would mean we'd only need a new wr in draft or getting bowe. but yea, not happening XD
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast