View Poll Results: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of the 2012 draft?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will start a mob and will bring torches and pitchforks to the EJD!!!OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!

12 46.15%
  • It'll bother me and ill be pissed for a while but i'll get over it, heck the Sky aint falling right?

4 15.38%
  • We addressed a team need, thats all that matters. We needed the OT/LB/RB/DE etc.

7 26.92%
  • Kirkpatrick all the way baby!!!!!! Perfect for Spags Defense!!!!

2 7.69%
  • We shoulda taking Luck, Bradfors obviously cant get it done

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of 2012 draft?

Rich86 is offline Registered User

Re: How will you feel if we don't draft a WR in the 1st round of 2012 draft?

alshon jeffery has a lot of calvin johnson in his game in the sense of he'll go up and get it over just about every corner. but blackmon, floyd, and jeffery will all be able to create offense for themselves in the league, just based on their unqiue abilities. takes a lot of the onus off bradford, when you have playmaking wr's that know how to score not just catch the ball, which they all do pretty exceptionally.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    /

Getting Kirkpatrick and blackmon/Floyd and Bowe in FA would be the most ideal situation.
    Id still be fine with Jeferys/Blackmon in the 1st and Floyd in the second as long as Murphy and Bartell return.

I still like your scenario though, and could easily live with it. but i dont see it happening lol, Vjax would be nice too, would mean we'd only need a new wr in draft or getting bowe. but yea, not happening XD
    WTH? Stan should just let me be GM I know what I'm doing!! Not bagging Billy but heck I got a pretty good roster on Madden, how much harder could it be?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    WTH? Stan should just let me be GM I know what I'm doing!! Not bagging Billy but heck I got a pretty good roster on Madden, how much harder could it be?
    lmao, madden aside.

Kroenke, Devany, Spags, Mcd, should all have to log onto clanram every day and see what the true fans see, sort of a outside perspective, yes they got the game film and are right there the whole time, but still, staying in one perspective all the way through shoudlnt be done, look at what everyone thinks and sees, not just yourself.

i dont want there job and you shouldnt either, you want the ram nation calling for your head if you do wrong?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

It's impossible to say, because (1) we don't know where we'll be picking and (2) we don't know if there will be a WR available of good value when that pick comes around.

Look at this last year's draft. Green and Jones were off the board well before the Rams' pick came around. Given that situation, I would have been very disappointed had the Rams reached for Jon Baldwin with their pick. It just depends on how things play out, which we won't know until it actually happens.

But I definitely think - and have thought for a couple of seasons now - that WR should be near or at the top of their priority list, and they should be aggressive in addressing that need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's impossible to say, because (1) we don't know where we'll be picking and (2) we don't know if there will be a WR available of good value when that pick comes around.

Look at this last year's draft. Green and Jones were off the board well before the Rams' pick came around. Given that situation, I would have been very disappointed had the Rams reached for Jon Baldwin with their pick. It just depends on how things play out, which we won't know until it actually happens.

But I definitely think - and have thought for a couple of seasons now - that WR should be near or at the top of their priority list, and they should be aggressive in addressing that need.
    As was based on the thread, its all hypathetical based on our performance thus far in the season.
    Right now we are playing like we'll have the #1 pick in the draft. We are not playing near as good of football as we are last year, if we played like how we are now last year, we'd definatly be in the hunt for green/jones. and yes, i am very glad weddint reach for baldwin, never liked him at all.

If we do draft within the top 5 of the draft, and if Jeffery and/or Blackmons are available we need to grab one, and if floyd drops and still isnt picked by the 25th pick we should move up and grab him.

Me, you and most of the ram nation agree we need a true #1, as we have for a few years as you pointed out. but if we dont get one this year? then when? the last 1st round receiver we took was Holt, why have we not yet picked another true #1? this is a question the FO needs to question of themselves.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

We draft at 10? Are you kidding? We easily have 1-3 locked down. 10? Who in the hell are we better than?

It's too early to plan the off season, there are too many variables in flux. It may be fun that think of what we are going to do with our high pick, but no player or position should be locked down this early.

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    We draft at 10? Are you kidding? We easily have 1-3 locked down. 10? Who in the hell are we better than?

It's too early to plan the off season, there are too many variables in flux. It may be fun that think of what we are going to do with our high pick, but no player or position should be locked down this early.
    like i said, we might be drafting in the top 10, possibly #1.

i gave us the variable of drafting from #1-#10, and most realistacly at the moment, we'll be drafting in the top 5 if we continue how we are. Possibly #1.

WTH Tampa? We have no idea who we're going to draft since the season isn't over and we're not Billy D! So stop it with this dumb thread already! Besides what does hypathetical mean anyways? lol

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    As was based on the thread, its all hypathetical based on our performance thus far in the season.
    Right now we are playing like we'll have the #1 pick in the draft. We are not playing near as good of football as we are last year, if we played like how we are now last year, we'd definatly be in the hunt for green/jones. and yes, i am very glad weddint reach for baldwin, never liked him at all.

If we do draft within the top 5 of the draft, and if Jeffery and/or Blackmons are available we need to grab one, and if floyd drops and still isnt picked by the 25th pick we should move up and grab him.

Me, you and most of the ram nation agree we need a true #1, as we have for a few years as you pointed out. but if we dont get one this year? then when? the last 1st round receiver we took was Holt, why have we not yet picked another true #1? this is a question the FO needs to question of themselves.
    I get what you're saying, and I hope I didn't come across as rude by not working within the hypothetical you laid out. I just think it's way too soon to start speculating on how we'll feel about something that's still months away, with so much that can happen in between. But we agree that WR needs to be given a hard and serious look after this season.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    God forbid Sam getting in a bad car accident keeping him from playing football or something on the field injury with him getting hit and sacked 49 times a game but barring that I would be shocked if we don't go #1 wr next year.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

I hate saying this but with so many teams wanting Andrew Luck. Wouldn't it benefit us to get 1st pick and wait for the calls and hope to get multiple picks where we drop to top 5 and still pick up two #2's?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

It's hilarious to me that after week 4 of the season people pretend to know exactly how the draft will unfold yet 2-3 days prior to the draft they'll get less than 60% of the picks correct in a mock draft.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well .. That depends on whether or not Sam Bradford is still alive at the end of this season ...

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If we dont take a WR I will personally go to St. Louis and tell De Spags there both fired.
    LMAO!!
    Anyways I say we draft a wr in every round.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12