AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

How Would You Guys Feel If

The Rams had a season like the bengals/chiefs had last year. if you remember they were really competitive and were just silly mistakes away from winning games. of course it sounds absurd to say "oh yeah i hope we have one of those seasons". im a really optimistic person but i also stay realistic with my optimism. watching these past few games ive seen the rams play with A lot of intensity and enthusiasm playing thier butts out there. i know the rams making the playoffs is a long shot and i pray it happens just like every other rams fan and that is my optimism. the reality is that id be happy having a season like the Bengals/Chiefs had. i mean im not saying "oh i hope they lose every weekend". i know the rams continue to lose but these our different losses than the past few seasons where you would see no fight in these guys and at least now we have hope. we have a really competitive team and it kinda makes you think what if we did have more talent..ill leave you guys with that please dont leave any harsh comments as i am only sharing my opinion and i respect what you have to say so give me your best stuff

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Would You Guys Feel If

We all want the Rams to win, but if the team is destined for another losing season, then there can be silver linings. The Rams need to develop the young core (J.Brown, J.Smith, Greco, Avery, Robinson, Long, Laurinaitis, Atogwe, Bartell, Wade, etc.) with extensive playing time so that next year, when additional talent can be added to the mix, the Rams will be ready to make a jump.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Well I feel a lot better about the Washington game than the Seattle game, so yeah I'd much rather lose by 2 than by 28. One of the worst parts about last season is that most of the games were over by half time, so you just sat there and waited for the game to be over, hoping the Rams stopped embarrassing themselves at some point.

So I wouldn't say I'd be happy necessarily with 4 wins and 12 competitive losses, but it'd sure be a lot better than last season.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We all want the Rams to win, but if the team is destined for another losing season, then there can be silver linings. The Rams need to develop the young core (J.Brown, J.Smith, Greco, Avery, Robinson, Long, Laurinaitis, Atogwe, Bartell, Wade, etc.) with extensive playing time so that next year, when additional talent can be added to the mix, the Rams will be ready to make a jump.
    Exactly. They need to pick out the gems and remove the chaff. Robinson, Avery and Burton need to develop into our starters for 2010.

They need to find out what Vobora, Grant and Chamberlain can bring long term. Do they still need to find a SLB for the future?

Do they have the offensive line for the next 4 years?

Null needs to be given opportunities late in the season to see what he has.

Rams will lose another 2-3 high priced veterans in the next offseason and probably $25+ million in cap space (if they have a cap) will be available to add 5 young veterans like James Butler to fill in the gaps. With the draft, that's how you rebuild for 2010 and beyond. The key right now is finding out where they need signings and where they have enough talent to continue to build internally.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

From the way they are playing I can really see this team will not be sorry for long. Meaning, hey they might not win more than 4 games. But you know that Spags is building a strong team, like Vermeil did. My only hope is if the team is sold he stays along, and we don't have to go thru this all over.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sold on Null being anything more than a journeyman.

The reality is, if things go as I expect they will, next preseason we'll be arguing about whether to start Bulger while our rookie QB (McCoy, Bradford, ???) is groomed, or to just bite the bullet and go with the rookie from day 1.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

But we need to be 100% sure on Null before we enter the offseason. We can't know that he isn't the next Drew Brees until we play him and the way Bulger was constantly banged up and hurting this week, he'll be lucky to survive until the bye week.

If the team gets a Bradford or McCoy in the offseason, Bulger isn't coming back. If you aren't willing to let Pisa be a backup, no way you pay Bulger to be a backup.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

We are in the rebuilding mode right now. We have a whole new coaching staff, and tons of new and young players starting for us. Both the staff and the team need time to gell before we can begin speaking of the playoffs. Of course I am sitting here hoping for a winning season and a playoff birth, but I like to be realistic. We have a lot of young talent and potential, we just need time for them to develop. Spags is an awesome coach, IMO, but the players have to meet him half way there. My honest prediction for us this year is 4-12 or maybe-5-11 at best.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm expecting between 4-5 wins as well at this point, but I also expect us to be a in a lot more games than we were last year because the players have bought in and are willing to fight to the end for this coaching staff. They know that we're getting better, and they can see the results every day. We're on our way back up, we just need patience to get there.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Any time we see improvement is definitely a good thing, but I know it truly feels like a punch in the gut to lose close games at the end. It's a trade-off for better results down the road.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I see the Rams continuing to play hard and fight every game, but playing hard might not mean more wins. I was hoping the rams would catch lighting in a bottle like 1999 but the reality is we have very little talent and not many play makers especially on the O side. I will be routing every Sunday for victory but aware we have a ways to go.
    :ramlogo:

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I actually wouldn't mind us having a season like 3-6 wins... as long as we go down fighting, and if we stay in the game all four quarters. That way, we know we are improving, and we also get a good position in the 2010 draft, where we can add more talent to our already young team. This will be the building block for our team.