Thread: How'd I do?

RamTime Guest

How'd I do?

A Pats fan response to the video clips

Considering the Rams have been barely been in the playoffs and the Patriots have gone on to win TWO more Super Bowls since this game it really does bring up a lot of questions.
    1. Why did the NFL choose the Patriots to become such a great team?
    2. Why isn't Kurt Warner still throwing 400 yard games every week?
    3. Does the NFL hate mormons?
    4. Is Marc Bulger the anti-christ?
    5. How much time did you waste writing that drivel?
    6. Are you completely deranged?
    7. Will Mike Martz blame any other players for his horrible coaching and overall team management?
    8. Will the Rams even win this number of games again this year?
    9. Will Dick Vermeil take his old job back?
    10. Can a bunch of people from Missouri count this high?

My Reply

Your Statement. "Considering the Rams have been barely been in the playoffs and the Patriots have gone on to win TWO more Super Bowls since this game it really does bring up a lot of questions. "

My Response.
    You’re obviously not a fan of the game however by your opening statement it seems you are a big fan of winning. After all if your team isn’t winning you have better things to do then discuss football. If you discussed football more often then when the Patriots win a Superbowl you would know that no team has made more Playoff appearances then the Rams. Furthermore your statement in the context of “the Rams barely being in the playoffs while the Patriots have won two Superbowls bringing up a lot of questions” rings true. Let’s start with the obvious question before I move onto your questions. I realize that the math I grew up with is considered “old math” however I do believe that some of the old mathematical characteristics still hold true today. For instance, the Patriots have been in the playoffs exactly 2 times since Superbowl XXXVI which seems equal to the number of times (2) the Rams have been in the playoffs since Superbowl XXXVI. Far be it from me to criticize new math but from the way I see it the Rams “Barely being in the playoffs” equals the same number of times the Patriots have been in the playoffs since Superbowl XXXVI.

Question 1. Why did the NFL choose the Patriots to become such a great team?
    Answer. Ahem the NFL did not choose the Patriots to become such a great team, the NFL chose the Patriots in 2001 because they happened to be entering into a Superbowl game that was going to be a blowout. The NFL had reached parity in all teams except the Rams and the NFL did not want the Rams to spoil all of their hard work by blowing out the patriots in the Superbowl thus further disconnecting the fickle fans. You know the type, the fans that only watch the playoffs and only if their team is winning. If the Patriots were as you say “such a great team” then there would be no need for this discussion. In 2001 New England had a pretty good football team that played well together and overcame a slow start to reach the playoffs. Certainly the Patriots played well in each of the playoff games of 2001/2002 and played perhaps their best game in Superbowl XXXVI however they were no where near a great team. They were not 3rd best team in the NFL nor the second best team in the NFL and they sure as hell were not the best team in the NFL otherwise they would have scored over 500 points and had one of the top rated defenses in the league. What the Patriots did well was cheat. Sure if you can get away with a hold here and there then more power to you. If you can get away with holding on every passing play in front of the leagues elite officials then it brings the integrity of the officiating into question however it’s still a reach to say that was the difference in the game. It is when the Officials ignore the blatant personal fouls (you saw the videos) along with all of the holding one has to wonder what in the hell is going on here. There is no doubt the officials saw the blows to the head, face masking and tackling out of bounds and probably saw the leading with the crown of the helmet and the spearing so you have to ask why? Why did the officials ignore personal fouls? The same types of personal fouls the league and the players frown upon. The same type of personal fouls that draw public scorn in the media along with fines and/or suspensions from the league? The only answer I can come up with is the NFL wanted to insure a close (exciting) game. What the Patriots have done since that Superbowl is not my concern. What the Patriots did before that game is not my concern. My concern is the integrity of the game itself. If the NFL can script the outcome of the game by instructing a few officials how to conduct themselves then it really is a sad day for NFL fans.

Question 2. Why isn't Kurt Warner still throwing 400 yard games every week?
    Answer. In case you have not heard Kurt Warner is no longer with the Rams and Martz’s aggressive downfield passing attack. Do I need to say anything else about this?

Question 3. Does the NFL hate Mormons?
    Answer. No, absolutely not. Considering the NFL allowed Steve Young to keep his squeaky clean 49er image after intentionally and egregiously being a major player in the ***** salary cap cheating scheme while Carmen Policy, Dwight Clark, Jeffery Morad, Leigh Steinberg. Jim Drunkenmiller and others took the wrap I would have to say no the NFL does not hate Mormons.

Question 4. Is Marc Bulger the anti-christ?
    Answer. No he’s the Quarterback for the Rams. Marc Bulger is a quarterback that doesn’t make his money playing catch standing 3 yards apart from his receiver. Marc Bulger is a quarterback whose passing yards are stat worthy. A quarterback who has never thrown for under 134 yards in a game he has started and finished. (The same total that got Brady his 1st MVP award). Tom Brady plays in a system based offense while Marc Bulger plays in a talent based offense. Don’t you think if the Patriots had the talent the Rams have they to would feel comfortable throwing the ball downfield? You really should read up on the two different types of offenses. It would be a start in educating yourself about the game, that is, other then the count of Superbowl trophies.

Question 5. How much time did you waste writing that drivel?
    Answer. I’ll let you know when it is complete.

Question 6. Are you completely deranged?
    Answer. Yes. You see in actuality those video clips displayed on this web site don’t really show Warner being slugged in the face on the interception for a touchdown, the face mask tackle, the tackling out of bounds, the spearing, the leading with the crown of the helmet or the flawed clock management. I am the only deranged individual that sees these things in these clips.

Question 7. Will Mike Martz blame any other players for his horrible coaching and overall team management?
    Answer. What Mike Martz does or who he blames is not of concern to this issue. Mike Martz is a coach that had an offense score over 500 points 3 straight years while no other team has done it twice in their history. Mike Martz brought the excitement of the downfield passing game back to the NFL while many teams are still running the boring watered down gutless pansy ass “Wuss Coast Offense”. Mike Martz would have won Superbowl XXXVI minus the deodorant of the pre briefed officiating.

Question 8. Will the Rams even win this number of games again this year?
    Answer. I’m not a profit so I don’t know? Will Brady complete a pass that equals this number in yards?

Question 9. Will Dick Vermeil take his old job back?
    Answer. Dick Vermeil has had several jobs including Coaching a college near where I live. He was the NFL’s first special teams coach and he was the head coach of the Eagles. Dick Vermeil also had a stint in broadcasting before coming back to coach the St. Louis Rams. Your question therefore is vague and cannot be answered.

Question 10. Can a bunch of people from Missouri count this high?
    Answer. Well I have been to Missouri one time in my life and I did not ask anyone to count for me. I assumed that they could count to ten. After all Mark McGuire did hit 70 home runs and everyone was aware of the significance of that number. Since this question seems odd I have to ask, Is there a problem with people and counting where you come from or is it isolated to your dwelling?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How'd I do?

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Kerry wannabe Pat fan
    10. Can a bunch of people from Missouri count this high?
    I'm not going to take it too personal, this individual probably looks down his nose at every "red state", not just Missouri.

But RamTime I think you did just fine, IMHO.
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-15-2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: cooler heads prevailed
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampete is offline Registered User

now, that's entertainment, my friend! i especially enjoyed the last bit...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Good answers Ramtime. It is a disturbing topic, but one that you seem well suited to handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Of all the teams I have ever watched........ The Pats are the only team that gives me the ..........well i hate 'em , that's enough! Way to handle it Ramtime! :ramlogo:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Good job with the replies. Makes me wonder if the pats fans are worried about this season....

maineram is offline Registered User

Great job Ramtime. Living in Patsy land I can tell of of you that the fans are arrogant as ever. The talk around is how many more Superbowl trophies will they get. The time will come when the Pats are back where they belong, at the bottom looking up, and all those fans can crawl back under the rock where they belong. Let's just hope it starts this year.

Maineram - :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

Good answers Ramtime