Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    coy bacon Guest

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    To me, the most important part of the game was how our #1s did against theirs, and we sucked.

    The only bright spot was Jackson's running. There is a lot of other good stuff, (good jobs by Incognito and others), but only of marginal value.

    The main negative was Bulger and the O line. I've been steadfastly behind Bulger but I don't think he looked very good. Manning made him look like crap. Pass protection broke down often enough, and the offense seemed sporatic.

    If I sound negative, it is because I am. I just don't have a good feel about Linehan so far. He has some positive characteristics, such as organizational skills and being smart, but I don't sense the fire. Like he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

    It's only a preseason game, but I expected Linehan to make a bold statement, instead I was treated to an analysis.


  2. #17
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    To me, the most important part of the game was how our #1s did against theirs, and we sucked.

    The only bright spot was Jackson's running. There is a lot of other good stuff, (good jobs by Incognito and others), but only of marginal value.

    The main negative was Bulger and the O line. I've been steadfastly behind Bulger but I don't think he looked very good. Manning made him look like crap. Pass protection broke down often enough, and the offense seemed sporatic.

    If I sound negative, it is because I am. I just don't have a good feel about Linehan so far. He has some positive characteristics, such as organizational skills and being smart, but I don't sense the fire. Like he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

    It's only a preseason game, but I expected Linehan to make a bold statement, instead I was treated to an analysis.
    What bold statement do you want Linehan to make when the starters hardly played, and rightly so. I would rather he makes a statement in the regular season with no injuries than trying to prove something in an almost useless pre season game playing our starters too long and risking injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  3. #18
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    The main negative was Bulger and the O line. I've been steadfastly behind Bulger but I don't think he looked very good. Manning made him look like crap.
    Bulger's frequently been hit-or-miss in the preseason, yet brings it when the season rolls around. Him being dead on with a couple passes but missing some others is neither new nor concerning.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #19
    bigredman Guest

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    The play of the interior offensive line, the huge holes that were opened up the middle were impressive. Designed off tackle and end around running plays didn't work at least that night, hopefully that will improve. Would have liked to have seen more production out of the TE's, but was pleased with the ability of our WR's getting open. Passing by both Bulger and Fritz was very good.

    Special teams (except Turks punting) sucked, sucked, sucked. I can only conclude its coaching that's the problem.

    The defensive line was absolutely inspiring. Wroten, Adeyanju, and Rice showed me enthusiasm, intensity, and ability that will surely benefit the Rams in the future. The secondary was suspect. Anderson was a target all night. Hill looked happy to just slap down passes when he could and should have intercepted. He needs to get over that cautious play.

    I thought the coach's gear was rather bland. Hopefully the NFL will come out with some new gear. Too reserved.

    Did you see the haircut on Terry Bradshaw? A bald man with a mullet. The commentary with Buck and Aikman was so so. They were very pro Indy for the first half of the game, then finally gave the Rams some dap in the second half. The Rams are still being largely ignored by national media and NFL pundits. Which is fine with me. That's how we snuck up on everyone in 1999.

    All in all. I had a great time chatting with my ClanRam buddies during the game, and it was a RAMS GAME DAMMIT!

  5. #20
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,086
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    The main negative was Bulger and the O line. I've been steadfastly behind Bulger but I don't think he looked very good. Manning made him look like crap. Pass protection broke down often enough, and the offense seemed sporatic.
    Shouldn't you be giving Bulger a pass since you think the O Line was one of the main negatives and broke down often enough? Considering the conditions, I was pretty impressed with Bulger. And Manning made Bulger look like crap? Manning - 3/5 for 50 yards and a TD, Bulger - 3/6 for 51 yards. Crap is a bit harsh don't you think?

  6. #21
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,584
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Hey, how about that photo w/S. Jackson Ramming Colts DB Giordano Matt (No. 53)?

  7. #22
    coy bacon Guest

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    What bold statement do you want Linehan to make when the starters hardly played, and rightly so. I would rather he makes a statement in the regular season with no injuries than trying to prove something in an almost useless pre season game playing our starters too long and risking injury.
    I expected the team to come out fired up. Instead I saw a dear in the headlights look. He looked tentative. In dealing with Indy, he seemed to react to them, not dictate. I know who they were going up against and it was only two series, but I expected him to play the man.

    I also understand that I may be making much ado about nothing, (crap, the first meaningless pre-season game and what 10-15 plays out of the shoot), but to me those first series of plays was the time for Linehan to be heard and he didn't have anything to say. I was, disappointed.

  8. #23
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: HUbison's view of the Indy game

    Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    I expected the team to come out fired up. Instead I saw a dear in the headlights look. He looked tentative. In dealing with Indy, he seemed to react to them, not dictate. I know who they were going up against and it was only two series, but I expected him to play the man.

    I also understand that I may be making much ado about nothing, (crap, the first meaningless pre-season game and what 10-15 plays out of the shoot), but to me those first series of plays was the time for Linehan to be heard and he didn't have anything to say. I was, disappointed.
    Fair enough, I thought he looked ok doing a decent job. Also an onside kick on the first play in the first pre season game would shock any coach (maybe the deer in the headlights look you describe).
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •