Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: HUb's 1st Mock Draft.........well, what the flip else are we gonna talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Wow, ask and ye shall receive! Thanks TekeRam. This guy looks like a heck of a prospect. And I like his character qualities that are readily apparent in his bio. I just wonder if he'll be rated as a top 3 pick as that's where we're gonna be pickin'.

WHAT SAY YE?
    What can I say? I live to please... and to cheer for the Rams!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: HUb's 1st Mock Draft.........well, what the flip else are we gonna talk about?

I wouldnt mind seeing the Rams grab Andre Woodson if they trade down. If the rebuiliding has begun, then it would be nice to have this guy sitting behind Bulger learning and as an insurance policy if he gets hurt
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    I wouldnt mind seeing the Rams grab Andre Woodson if they trade down. If the rebuiliding has begun, then it would be nice to have this guy sitting behind Bulger learning and as an insurance policy if he gets hurt
    It makes no sense to me to invest that kind of money in a QB when we just signed Bulger long term and have so many other areas we could address. The Rams would be better off looking for a back-up of the future in the middle or later rounds, IMO.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Wow this is a real reality check on how bad the Rams really are. Week 7, 0-7 and we are already talking about next year. Now I am depressed thanks guys:\
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well, O.K., I will admit I don't know much about Howie's kid. Could somebody post some of his measurements or etc.? Also, does he project as a 4-3 or a 3-4 type DE or possibly both? Thanx for the info.

WHAT SAY YE?
    The kid's a pretty solid pick-up. Not the "potential" pick of a Calais Campbell, but not the risk either. As to the "4-3 or 3-4" question.....the answer is YES. Long spent 3 years as a 3-4 end which amounted to per game averages of 3.8 tackles, .80 tfl, and .23 sacks. Not "wow" numbers, but for a two-gap end, that's pretty decent. However, in his senior year, the 4-3 front has been utilized more, and has Long has responded well......per game averages of 6.25 tackles, 1.63 tfl, 1.25 sacks. Wow!

Just like Carriker, this kid is a versatile, hard-working, high character guy who can make those around him look better.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Just like Carriker, this kid is a versatile, hard-working, high character guy who can make those around him look better.
    And that right there is why we should draft him!

harrydog is offline Registered User

I hope we're in a position to take him when the draft rolls around.

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

I am beginning to lean toward taking Chris Long also after watching the Miami/FSU game.

I spent most of my time zooming in on Calais Campbell and Kenny Phillips. I did not like what I saw.

Calais Campbell - I really want to like this kid. He has all the measureables you are looking for with alot of potential. He was easily handled by FSU OT the whole game. Most of time, I did not see him anywhere near the QB or near the ball at all. What really surprised me was he was always half a second behind his teammate when the ball was snapped.
    When the ball is snapped the defender should be attacking the backfield. Either he was not paying attention the whole game or when the ball was snapped he was counting to 1 mississippi before he got out of his stance.
    Also it look like the only pass rush move he did was the bull rush.

Kenny Phillips - I could not find him most of the game. Every time the ball was thrown, I was looking for #1 (Kenny Phillips) and most of the time I could not find him. It looks like he was invisible.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

itsguud is offline Registered User

It appears as if all the best DE's coming from the college system as of late are from the 3-4... perhaps now that our team is well garbage, would be the time to start te re-building process. I wouldn't mind switching to the 3-4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12