HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

HUb's post game thoughts

1. Can Haslett really be THAT much better than Linehan? Really? Haslett's Rams would kick the dog snot out of the Linehan Rams. How can a coaching change create THIS MUCH DIFFERENCE?

2. Terrell Owens is Ron Bartell's b(female dog)h! Who would have either thought that sentence would ever hold any legitimacy? What a beautiful day.

3. Bulger got the crap knocked out of him all day, and still threw the ball well. Maybe his mental state is not as fragile as I first thought.

4. Love him or hate him.......Cogs is the #1 O-lineman on this roster right now.

5. On the 1st Rams TD, Bulger is standing on the 'boys 48 and hits Avery at the 3. That's a 45 yard pass in stride. Later in the game, Bulger OVERthrows Avery standing on the Rams 1 and landing the ball on the 'boys 44. That's a 55-yarder.

But will that tone down the Bulger haters that want to complain about Bulger not being able to throw the deep ball? Of course not.

6. Not that it removes the scar of last year's eerily similar play, but it was relieving to see the 'boys snap a ball BEHIND their QB, and the Rams actually turn it into a loss instead of a gain.

7. He's not exactly Hines Ward, but IMO Keenan Burton is on his way to being the best blocking WR this team has seen in a while.

8. That 2nd pick by Atogwe was spectacular. One of the most athletic plays I've seen in quite some time.

9. Why am I a Pisa fan? It's the little things. When Spoon picks the tip from Ryan, instead of looking at the defender with the ball (like many defenders tend to do in the split second after a pick), Pisa immediately puts a block into Witten. That's just good football.

10. How different the defense looks when the front 4 get a little consistent pressure. It's like night and day.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: HUb's post game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    1. Can Haslett really be THAT much better than Linehan? Really? Haslett's Rams would kick the dog snot out of the Linehan Rams. How can a coaching change create THIS MUCH DIFFERENCE?

2. Terrell Owens is Ron Bartell's b(female dog)h! Who would have either thought that sentence would ever hold any legitimacy? What a beautiful day.

3. Bulger got the crap knocked out of him all day, and still threw the ball well. Maybe his mental state is not as fragile as I first thought.

4. Love him or hate him.......Cogs is the #1 O-lineman on this roster right now.

5. On the 1st Rams TD, Bulger is standing on the 'boys 48 and hits Avery at the 3. That's a 45 yard pass in stride. Later in the game, Bulger OVERthrows Avery standing on the Rams 1 and landing the ball on the 'boys 44. That's a 55-yarder.

But will that tone down the Bulger haters that want to complain about Bulger not being able to throw the deep ball? Of course not.

6. Not that it removes the scar of last year's eerily similar play, but it was relieving to see the 'boys snap a ball BEHIND their QB, and the Rams actually turn it into a loss instead of a gain.

7. He's not exactly Hines Ward, but IMO Keenan Burton is on his way to being the best blocking WR this team has seen in a while.

8. That 2nd pick by Atogwe was spectacular. One of the most athletic plays I've seen in quite some time.

9. Why am I a Pisa fan? It's the little things. When Spoon picks the tip from Ryan, instead of looking at the defender with the ball (like many defenders tend to do in the split second after a pick), Pisa immediately puts a block into Witten. That's just good football.

10. How different the defense looks when the front 4 get a little consistent pressure. It's like night and day.
    Nice thoughts HUB. I also have some, but do not have time to post them right now, but I do have one thing to mention ...

Want to know what type of gamebreaker Atogwe is?

He has forced 21 turnovers in his last 42 games. Show me a player in the league that forces more turnovers ....

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Even I, the founder of SLOP, have to admit that I never expected this much of a change this quickly. Clearly, though, the lack of confidence this team had in Line#@& was far greater than we realized.
    Bartell is playing great. Its nice to have a CB with his size and speed.
    Nice to have another go-to guy, too.
    Talent wise, its hard to disagree.

They'l probably claim he took steroids this week.
    Yeah, Johnson's not what you would call mobile.
    Torry made a great block on Jackson's big run too.
    Sign him!
    If only he were ten pounds bigger.
    Chris Long didn't get a sack, but he was in Johnson's grill quite a bit.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The funny thing about the win, is they're talking about how bad the Cowboys played, and it's like the Rams had nothing to do with it. That the Rams didn't force turnovers they took advantage of it, LOL. The Rams forced all of the turnovers, every single one. They didn't say anything about the Cowboys being held to 7 points for all but the last 2:30 of the 4th quarter. That the Rams front 4 dominated their O line all day, forcing Brad to make boneheaded plays. Had that been Romo it would have been worse.

No mention of how the Rams beat a pretty good team. A 1-4 team beat a 4-2 team pretty handidly. Maybe the Rams aren't as bad as most of the commentators think. Sad how they won't give them any credit. The Rams beat two playoff contenters back to back.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Av - do you know who that is to the right off Jackson in your sig?

Hecht?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hate how everyone is saying the Cowboys played like crap. We just lit them on fire yesterday. This is a different team and if any one over looks us, they will be beat. It's simple.

At first I was worried how they just marched down the field. But we made a few adjustments on defense and ended up shutting them out for the rest of the game until the last minute or so. Good thinking by Venturi and co.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

1. Haz's ability to get The Rams thinking of adversity as motivation rather than excuses is the biggest difference in my mind. The rest is debatable.

Apart from Captain Queeglet himself, we all know Linny's Rams faced major injuries-both new & players returning from prior problems, a new O system,our marquee RB out of game shape, and played very good teams (except Seattle) at full strength and in good form.

Playing The Patsies on the road will be no gimme even if Pace & SJ play-but I want to see Haz beat The Cards & The Bretts at their best- still nothing like as tough as Philly/Giants- as the next major test of whether Haslett is a legit answer to our prayers.

2. Love Bartell's progress,too, but hasn't TO had his tail wagged quite a bit lately? Still, beautiful for us to yank it hard. Gotta give the yapper credit for giving US credit,though.

3. Now the MB Haterhood is saying he held onto the ball too long. If we win the SB, it'll be DESPITE MB, in their eyes.

4. Best run blocker definitely but give Barron a little love,too.

5. Now The MB haterhood will whine that he OVERthrows the WRs. LOL

6. That Keystone cops play last year was the lowpoint for me last year. The epitome of sloppy.

7-10. Like you say, it's the little things. Players in the right spot, making tackles,being in position to take advantage of mistakes,supporting one another as a unit.

I doubt we would have looked that good against a healthy Dallas o-line & healthy Romo but all the signs are good. You can only beat the teams you play when you play them.The rest is just a video game.

I don't mean to be a grouch on a wonderful victory Monday. It feels great to be discussing how good we might actually be rather than the opposite.

Let the press continue to be as sloppy in their analysis and underestimate The Rams as our last two opponents were on the field. The Fourth Estate is our most valuable 12th Man right now.

I'm looking out my window at San Francisco Bay, the blue water sparkling with golden sun. It's giving me a yen for Whinerburgers but those won't be available for a while.

Guess I'll have to make do with Patsy cakes next Sunday.

Who's hungry?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Chris Long didn't get a sack, but he was in Johnson's grill quite a bit.

Noticed that too. Too bad pressuring the QB like that isn't an official stat. He's having a really solid year so far though.

Also, SIGN ATOWGE NOW!

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

First off, let's not lump "bulger haters" with those who think his deep ball is not on par with some of the top QB's in the league. I, for one, have never questioned that Bulger physically COULDN'T throw the ball 50 yards. I just don't think he's very accurate when he does. The 40 yarder to Avery was a great long throw, but I believe that is the limit of his accuracy. It was one of those really deep passes, and Avery was going across the field, which is Bulger's forte, vs. a "bomb", like the 55 yarder he overthrew. I just don't think the "streak" play where the receiver goes straight down the sideline is really in his arsenal. It's a different type of depth perception on those. More like the one he underthrew to Avery vs. the Skins

Bulger did say he was going to work out more this offseason, and perhaps he's gained a bit in arm strength, which would be great cuz Avery can get open down the field.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

This is what killed me about our first four losses. We have talent on this football team, they just weren't motivated.

In school, there are certain teachers that I hate and do not want to do anything for. There are also some teachers that I LOVE and will put extra effort in. It's shocking to see the radical change, but at the same time the team has an elite QB and RB with an offensive line that certainly looks better on paper rather than on Sunday, but that's beside the point.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

First off, let's not lump "bulger haters" with those who think his deep ball is not on par with some of the top QB's in the league.
    First off, I didn't.

In fact, the "those who think his deep ball is not on par with some of the top QB's in the league" is pretty subjective depending on how you define a "top" QB. He can throw a deep ball with Tom Brady who most would consider a "top" QB in general terms. However, he'd have to throw it twice (hyperbole alert) to throw with Jamarcus Russell who isn't a "top" QB in general terms. However, allowing for the benefit of the doubt by defining "top" as "longest throwers", I absolutely agree that Bulger can't. In fact, that particular club would be, shall we say, less than exclusive.

No, no, I certainly don't assume to put every member of that club into the Bulger Hate parade. However, the flip side is certainly true........all Bulger haters are more than willing to ridicule what they perceive to be his less than stellar deep threat potential.

Though wrong, they are certainly free to their perspective.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I hate how everyone is saying the Cowboys played like crap. We just lit them on fire yesterday. This is a different team and if any one over looks us, they will be beat. It's simple.

At first I was worried how they just marched down the field. But we made a few adjustments on defense and ended up shutting them out for the rest of the game until the last minute or so. Good thinking by Venturi and co.
    Actually I think that's a plus for us. I personally like the fact that no one is giving us any credit. Hopefully they'll keep thinking we're the hapless team we've been for a while now. And by the time they realize we're not, maybe we're in the Superbowl.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Rich Mirada of 570 am on the Handle show called the Rams a pathetic outfit!
    Looks to me like the Cowboys are the pathetic ones.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Av - do you know who that is to the right off Jackson in your sig?

Hecht?
    I think it's LB Chris Chamberlain.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

i loved it when bulger tucked the ball and ran it, he only got 2 yards but showed he'll do what it takes to get where the team needs to be..

what i DiDNT like is when bulger ran right in DeMarcus Ware lol...