ramhard is offline Registered User

Huge impact of DT - trade for one

In thinking about the last year's performance, and the upcoming draft and FA, I think people are still underestimating how the poor DT performance killed the Rams D - not just hurt - killed. Remember how the Colts defense improved in time for the playoffs? The reason - Booger McFarland at DT. Checkout the attached link that describes how he helped transform that D from a Ramlike D early to one that was good enough to win a Superbowl. Not only do the Rams need to draft a good DT, I think they should even trade for one since the FA crop looks slim.

[URL="http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4701"]

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Huge impact of DT - trade for one

Do you have anybody in mind you think the rams would trade for? And how much would you be willing to give up?
    :ramlogo:

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Huge impact of DT - trade for one

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    In thinking about the last year's performance, and the upcoming draft and FA, I think people are still underestimating how the poor DT performance killed the Rams D - not just hurt - killed. Remember how the Colts defense improved in time for the playoffs? The reason - Booger McFarland at DT. Checkout the attached link that describes how he helped transform that D from a Ramlike D early to one that was good enough to win a Superbowl. Not only do the Rams need to draft a good DT, I think they should even trade for one since the FA crop looks slim.

[URL="http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=4701"]
    That's all well and good, but we need a party to trade with, who'll find value for what we trade them.

Also, McFarland wasn't the only reason the Colts D stepped it up in the playoffs. The postseason saw the return of the defense's emotional leader, Bob Sanders, who played exceptionally well. The defense as a whole performed better. As much as the media likes to, you can't single out one guy as the reason for the Colt's drastic improvement. It was a collaborative effort.