Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Thread: Huh?

  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Huh?

    "There's nothing wrong with the playcalling."

    "The playcaller has been demoted."

    "Bulger's our QB and is well enough to play."

    "Bulger will be benched."

    What is going on here!?!?! Who's really in charge!?!?!?! Has Linehan totally lost control, or is he just becoming a flip-flopper?


  2. #2
    viper's Avatar
    viper is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Huh?

    I wouldn't doubt it if the front office called him in for a little chat and suggested as much...or else.

  3. #3
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,151
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Huh?

    **********RUMOR************RUMOR************RUMOR********

    Rumor has it that Linehan slipped and fell while getting out the tub this morning and banged his head and ribs.

  4. #4
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Huh?

    I guess my point is...

    How can the team, the media or the fans support Linehan when it seems that Linehan doesn't support Linehan?

  5. #5
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Huh?

    This doesn't surprise me at all. Not. One. Bit. I really get the feeling that nothing Linehan says in public means much.

  6. #6
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Has Linehan totally lost control, or is he just becoming a flip-flopper?[/COLOR]
    Um... maybe he's just practicing for his anticipated announcement as a candidate for the Presidency. In this arena speaking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time is commendable.

    WHAT SAY YE?
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-03-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: okay, let's not go political.

  7. #7
    onslaught11's Avatar
    onslaught11 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Huh?

    The Rams are becoming boring to watch on the field but off the field, Linehan and his coaching staff are becoming entertaining. It is like a soap opera off the field. I think I will call it something like

    The Rams and the Restless or
    Days of our Rams
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

  8. #8
    mikhal5569's Avatar
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Huh?

    Their has been a lot of chaos surrounding the Rams of late and i'm sure Linehans head had been spinning. Now it's time to see if he can finally rally this team to victory, or if he's going to simply end up finish sinking with it.

  9. #9
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Huh?

    This sounds a bit like a Monty Python movie scene:

    Linehan: "I'm handing over the playcalling to Olson."

    Fans: "Only a true Head Coach would hand the playcalling over to an assistant."

    Linehan: "Well, then I'm taking back the playcalling."

    Fans: "You are the Head Coach!"

  10. #10
    dogger's Avatar
    dogger is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by onslaught11 View Post
    The Rams are becoming boring to watch on the field but off the field, Linehan and his coaching staff are becoming entertaining. It is like a soap opera off the field. I think I will call it something like

    The Rams and the Restless or
    Days of our Rams

    That;s funny. If he can;t win games and least he can be entertaining.

  11. #11
    mikhal5569's Avatar
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,102
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This sounds a bit like a Monty Python movie scene:

    Linehan: "I'm handing over the playcalling to Olson."

    Fans: "Only a true Head Coach would hand the playcalling over to an assistant."

    Linehan: "Well, then I'm taking back the playcalling."

    Fans: "You are the Head Coach!"
    I'm having a hard time understanding your cynicism in this matter. Everyone was screaming for a change and now we finally got one and your still not happy? The only other person he could have handed the play calling duties to would be Hasslet.

  12. #12
    rampete is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Huh?

    zyggy's right hand man salaman must've done his magic
    on linehan's attitude monday night...

    seriously, how many of us really think linehan is making
    all these decisions independently, free from interjections
    by the FO?...

  13. #13
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding your cynicism in this matter. Everyone was screaming for a change and now we finally got one and your still not happy? The only other person he could have handed the play calling duties to would be Hasslet.
    Its a pretty simple concept.

    Last year, Linehan started the season by calling the plays. It didn't work. So he delegated to Olson. Fans cheered.

    Now, Olson's playcalling isn't working, and Linehan is going back to calling the plays - THE VERY SAME APPROACH THAT DIDN'T WORK LAST YEAR.

    Who should be calling the plays?

    Well, I'm not sure there is anyone on the staff who could do a good job at this point, which is part of the problem with the Linehan regime.

  14. #14
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,233
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its a pretty simple concept.

    Last year, Linehan started the season by calling the plays. It didn't work. So he delegated to Olson. Fans cheered.

    Now, Olson's playcalling isn't working, and Linehan is going back to calling the plays - THE VERY SAME APPROACH THAT DIDN'T WORK LAST YEAR.

    Who should be calling the plays?

    Well, I'm not sure there is anyone on the staff who could do a good job at this point, which is part of the problem with the Linehan regime.
    Linehan is scrambling to try and make something work in a sea of madness. You don't want him calling plays, you don't want Olson calling plays, what do you want? He's trying to make some changes in an effort to get things going in the right direction. The man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

    What I don't understand is if the Linehan regime is so horrible at calling plays and directing an offense, how in the world were the Rams near the top of the heap last year? How did Bulger have his best year statistically and go to the Pro Bowl? How did Jackson have the 5th best all-purpose yardage total in NFL history and also go to the Pro Bowl? Could it be that there may be some extenuating circumstances this year?

  15. #15
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Huh?

    I think the offense was good, but not great, overall last year. The Rams have a lot of talent on offense, so that should be expected.

    There is no doubt that the injuries have taken a toll, I just don't buy that the team goes from scoring 22.9 points per game to 9.8 based on injuries alone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •