Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Huh?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Lets be honest here Linehan is not making this decision its the front office.
    I don't think it's fair to just assume that Linehan didn't make the decision and it was made for him. Haven't you ever made a decision and then rethought it and changed your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You can't be serious, Mike. I did not acknowledge that other coaches did "exactly what Linehan did." In fact, I specifically stated that I've never seen any other coach do "exactly what Linehan did."
    I am serious, in the context of Linehan, like other NFL head coaches supporting players and assistants in press conferences despite the appearance of problems. You didn't acknowledge that?

I suppose that if I posted that both Scott Linehan and Chuck Noll are carbon based life forms you'd quote me as saying that "Scott Linehan is no different from Chuck Noll."
    Good to see you haven't lost your wry wit.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I am serious, in the context of Linehan, like other NFL head coaches supporting players and assistants in press conferences despite the appearance of problems. You didn't acknowledge that?
    Yes... but I then continued to stated that I have not seen coaches, within a week, to a complete 180 and demote the same coach they defended.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Okay, and would it not also be a fair statement to say that Linehan just does not seem to be the "man with a plan." Rather, he seems to be reacting (quite slowly, I might add) to the circumstances he encounters.
    I cannot agree with you more.

I know the team has a game plan going in each week. As the game progresses and events occur, adjustments are mandatory to the point that they must be dynamic. That is what has been missing.

SL is too slow to adjust and other teams adjusted to our 1st half of play and dominated our team. At this point, 'Rain Man' Linehan is hopelessly floundering around with a brain cramp of not knowing how to use the tremendous talent he still has that is healthy on this team. He's inept.

I would like to know if he was selected because he came cheap? What was the attraction of the FO to this 'poser?' I have just changed my background screen on my PC to 'SLOP.' Please don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. He is the weakest link!!! He was lucky that the players clicked last year and made it appear that he had some influence on the 8-8 season. Have we forgotten who is on our team and the tremendous upside to their talents if used correctly?

"You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things.. Oh you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome. Know you not Pompey?"

Never forget.
    Go Rams!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Have we forgotten who is on our team and the tremendous upside to their talents if used correctly?
    Yes, a tremendously talented team.......including a LT who was a RT a month ago, a LG who just got replaced by a 37-year-old C who himself was replaced by an undrafted street agent C, the aforementioned undrafted street agent C, and a RT....RG....RT again who was also among the unemployeed a month ago. On top of that we have an injured QB, RB, WR1, WR2, & WR3.

Rest assured, we have NOT forgotten who's on this team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55 View Post
    He was lucky that the players clicked last year and made it appear that he had some influence on the 8-8 season. Have we forgotten who is on our team and the tremendous upside to their talents if used correctly?
    In Martz's last year he had all of the health problems and strife with the front office that resulted in a poor season. Plus, it was sort of a changing of the guard between Faulk and Jackson. I just get the feeling that the Rams FO turned over the keys to the porsche to a overall wearing, tabacco chewing, redneck truck driver. Who is trying to turn this team into the Dolphins or the Vikings. This team was loaded. I may be the only one out there that believes this, but I think that SL's best decision was hiring JH as D coordinator.

I guess the real question is does he get a Muligan for this year?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

This team was loaded.
    Loaded? Really? How do you figure?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Hub, um, offensively.

It sure wasn't the defense that got this team to 8-8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yes, a tremendously talented team.......including a LT who was a RT a month ago, a LG who just got replaced by a 37-year-old C who himself was replaced by an undrafted street agent C, the aforementioned undrafted street agent C, and a RT....RG....RT again who was also among the unemployeed a month ago. On top of that we have an injured QB, RB, WR1, WR2, & WR3.

Rest assured, we have NOT forgotten who's on this team.
    Sounds like a pretty easy concept to grasp.

Why do I get the impression we could be starting the practice squad and Linehan would still be getting torched if they didn't produce?

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Hub, um, offensively.

It sure wasn't the defense that got this team to 8-8.
    Oh, you meant last year's team! I'm sorry, I got confused. When you said "this team was loaded", I assume you meant this (as in 2007) team. I didn't know you were referring to that (as in 2006) team.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I don't think it's fair to just assume that Linehan didn't make the decision and it was made for him. Haven't you ever made a decision and then rethought it and changed your mind?
    Of course doesnt everyone? Like if before I married my wife I might have thought,"maybe im not ready". But I thought it to myself I didnt tell her. You know maybe Linehan should have said I'm going to look at this situation and make the best decision for this team. Instead he said Bulger gives us the best chance to win even with broken ribs and 2 days later Bulger doesnt give us the best chance to win. That sounds a little skeptical dont you think? He basically did the same thing with Olsen. This team is performing terribly and Ijust cant blame only the injuries. Are the injuries responsible for us playing a good first half and then taking the second half off? Are injuries responsible for that rediculous defensive effort on the snap over Romo's head? Are the injuries the sole reason we cant score. We seem to move the ball fine at times and cant score in the redzone is that because of injuries? There is something else wrong with this team.
    Just Fix It

Rambos is offline Registered User

To pick up with your metaphor, you must have slept through half the trial. I have repeatedly stated that the injuries have been a significant factor in the Rams' demise. My issue is that Linehan has done, in my opinion, a horrible job of dealing with the adversity he's faced.
    IMO if the players make simple plays, like hold onto the ball we are 2-2 right now.

thought the delegation of playcalling was a good move at the time, though I was disappointed that it was necessary as the whole point of hiring Linehan was to take advantage of his abilities demonstrated as Miami and Minnesota's OC.

It still his offense and his game plan. look at Norv in SD right now. They have a Hell of a team, but with that many new coaches coming in, I'm not shocked they are starting slowly.

As for Linehan being back next year, if I had to put money on it, I probably wouldn't bet against it.
    He will be back but he will have to win.

That said, I see no reason to withhold my opinion that Linehan should be replaced this offseason.
    Here is the thing, if he goes this year. New staff, players,scheme, ect. I don't think we start winning again for another two year min. I want to see one more year with healthy players and those high draft picks!
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-04-2007 at 11:57 PM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Of course doesnt everyone? Like if before I married my wife I might have thought,"maybe im not ready". But I thought it to myself I didnt tell her. You know maybe Linehan should have said I'm going to look at this situation and make the best decision for this team. Instead he said Bulger gives us the best chance to win even with broken ribs and 2 days later Bulger doesnt give us the best chance to win. That sounds a little skeptical dont you think? He basically did the same thing with Olsen. This team is performing terribly and Ijust cant blame only the injuries. Are the injuries responsible for us playing a good first half and then taking the second half off? Are injuries responsible for that rediculous defensive effort on the snap over Romo's head? Are the injuries the sole reason we cant score. We seem to move the ball fine at times and cant score in the redzone is that because of injuries? There is something else wrong with this team.
    You also weren't asked to comment by the media about if you were ready to get married so of course you kept it to yourself. If Linehan doesn't answer the questions people will complain that he isn't talking so it's different than your situation.

I'm commenting on your post suggesting that Linehan was "told" to make changes and that he didn't decide and change his mind on his own. There is no way to know for sure so I don't think it's safe to assume they told him to, which is what I got from your post.

I think his explanation makes sense, he said what he thought after the game. Then he watched more film, talked with the staff, thought about it and changed his mind.

I'm not saying injuries are the only problem, they are a huge problem, but not the only problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

blood85 is offline Registered User

Sounds like a flopper-flip to me.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Before I get warmed up just let me say there's a dangerous level of sarcasm and irony in here. The 'Carbon-based lifeforms' was close to the bone.

Bulger said, in reference to this whole issue, something along the lines of "I guess he was sick of me telling him I was fine".

Might it then not be unreasonable to assume that having taken Bulger at his word, he then saw evidence that Bulger might not be? Willing to concede that it may be a bit late of course.

Also, why applaud a man for having the courage to change last season and then vilify him for it this season? He must have known the kind of negative post it would attract.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast