Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Varg6
  • 1 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By Rambos

Thread: Hurting division rival through free agency! Rams a victim.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Hurting division rival through free agency! Rams a victim.

One. Conference not division.

Has anyone thought about Denver Bronco's signing WR Wes Welker to hurt the Patriots in the AFC. It would give Payton Manning a very great slot receiver to go with WR's Demaryious Thomas and Eric Decker.

This is where it hurts the Rams.

Two. The whiners sign Danny Amendola to hurt Rams. One of whiners loses and a tie was to the Rams. The whiners only have TE V. Davis and WR M. Crabtree as a receiver options on team. D.A. would give whiners a great slot receiver. That gives whiners time until WR A.J. Jenkins and/or up coming draft picks come through.

The Patriots could also sign D.A. because of loss of W. Welker.

Does anyone have a opinion of scenario happening?
    Last edited by Shan the Ram Man; -03-02-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Hurting division rival through free agency! Rams a victim.

Just curious, when did the Broncos join the AFC East?
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Knowing the Rams luck, if DA were to sign with the Whiners he'd play all 16 games and catch over 150 balls

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I can't recall a crazier off season with roaster cuts, re-structures, or as much potentual free agent talent loose on the market! Nor should I exclude stupid deal already made.

Roaster cuts--its been a real blood letting with the Falcons just as an example. Now there is a 1 to 2 year RB on the market that might help the Rams if things don't workout with S. Jackson.

The re-structure of T. Brady's contract! I can't believe how sort sighted that move is in the long-term with a higher guarenteed money! Those chickens will come back to haunt the Patriots. Even though Bradford is undercontract, I don't see FO re-structuring his deal for salary cap room--thank God!

All the potentual talented free agences out there are too many to count. Right now with the S. Jackson situation in limbo, but the savings from a voided contract makes me wonder if the Rams would look at getting a top level player or use it to solidify DA or other players.

So far the 49whinners have made the most smart moves. Dumping A. Smith and R. Moss--best move they could make that doesn't cost them anything but gains them a lot interms of salary cap and getting rid of dead weight.

Gotta wonder what the Raiders are thinking, more a head scatch with the Chiefs. Top prospect QBs in this draft seem rather slim pickings, but am sure the Chiefs could have cut a better deal elsewhere.

And its just beginning. Right now am on pins and needles as to how things will turn out for the Rams. But I see a glimmer of hope.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Hurting our divisional rivals? Why don't we sign Dashon Goldson? I'd rather have an immediate impact at FS/SS, and keeping Mikell, to solidify our D. That way, we can focus more on OL and WR, and not have the guilt of not drafting a Safety.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I really dont think the 9ers can offer him more money than the Rams will...eventhough they rid Alex Smith's 10million they have a few key free agents they still need to get under contract including Delanie Walker and Dashon Goldson

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I really dont think the 9ers can offer him more money than the Rams will...eventhough they rid Alex Smith's 10million they have a few key free agents they still need to get under contract including Delanie Walker and Dashon Goldson
    Maybe we could steal both of them, but who leaves a superbowl team unless there's big money involved. Money we don't have.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Given the sensitivity of cap dollars, i dont believe for a second that any team signs a guy to hurt another team, division opponent or not. You sign players that you think can help your team in positions of needs for dollar amounts that work under your salary cap. I think that there is something to the idea that teams dont like to trade players to division opponents, but I dont think that professionals set out to "hurt the opponent," they try to help themselves. Signing players for excessive money as a consideration in getting them away from your rivals is a recipe for cap disaster.

As for the whiners, i would be a lot more worried about them trading some picks and getting Revis than i would about them breaking the bank for Amendola, which would be a luxury item for them. Sure, he would help, if he can actually stay on the field, but they didnt lose the superbowl because of a slot receiver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    berg8309 likes this.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    The whiners will let back up TE Delanie Walker Walk. The draft is Heavy with safties & D-Line this year. Might let Dashon Goldson go to. Who do whiners have at wide receiver other than Crabtree. No body. Thats why whiners use TE V. Davis so much.
    Thats why whiners tried WR. Randy Moss. Which caught maybe around forty balls all season and playoffs. DA would be a huge upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Given the sensitivity of cap dollars, i dont believe for a second that any team signs a guy to hurt another team, division opponent or not. You sign players that you think can help your team in positions of needs for dollar amounts that work under your salary cap. I think that there is something to the idea that teams dont like to trade players to division opponents, but I dont think that professionals set out to "hurt the opponent," they try to help themselves. Signing players for excessive money as a consideration in getting them away from your rivals is a recipe for cap disaster.

As for the whiners, i would be a lot more worried about them trading some picks and getting Revis than i would about them breaking the bank for Amendola, which would be a luxury item for them. Sure, he would help, if he can actually stay on the field, but they didnt lose the superbowl because of a slot receiver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The whiners could offer a chance at a superbowl as a contender for same price tag as Rams. Where as Rams are scratching and clawing to make a winning record. The Superbowl ring sounds like a better option.

Ram fan for life.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Doesn't hurt when your brother gives you a gift like Anquan Boldin for a sixth-round draft pick.

Hey Bro you need a WR sure!

***** acquired WR A
    The Ravens were on the verge of releasing Boldin, so GM Ozzie Newsome did well to get a pick back for a receiver entering his age-33 season and still clearing all of his $6 million base salary off of the books. Boldin adds another physical possession receiver to Colin Kaepernick's arsenal, though we'd expect Boldin to take a bit of a backseat to Crabtree and Vernon Davis in 2013. As great as Boldin was in the playoffs, he does not create separation. To fully capitalize on Kaepernick's arm, the ***** either need A.J. Jenkins to step up as a vertical stretcher, or they'll need to find one someplace else. Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Doesn't hurt when your brother gives you a gift like Anquan Boldin for a sixth-round draft pick.

Hey Bro you need a WR sure!
    First Harvin enters the NFCW, now Boldin... Our move *cough* Jennings *cough*