Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    3STL9 is offline Registered User

I am done with pat shurmur

I am sorry. I was on and off last year. On and off this year but I am done with Pat shurmur.

We almost lost the Chargers game and the redskins game because of his conservative playcalling. How are you an offensive coordinator? Can you learn new playcalling? Just because you are a son of a great coach does not mean ****. Pat shurmur is an idot period.

Thank you and I will take the heat if it needs be.

edit: nephew not son!
    Last edited by 3STL9; -10-24-2010 at 05:00 PM.

UserName is offline Registered User

Re: I am done with pat shurmur

When we have an experienced receiving corp and a true number 1 receiver to go along with our running game, he'll be a genius.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Tired of these clueless threads about Shurmur. How do you know it's his strategy to be conservative in the 2nd half? You don't ....

Didn't realize Shurmur nearly blew the Redskins game, as his offense only came up with 16 points in the 2nd half ...

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UserName View Post
    When we have an experienced receiving corp and a true number 1 receiver to go along with our running game, he'll be a genius.
    Only in his mind. When he's coaching in the UFL.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Tired of these clueless threads about Shurmur. How do you know it's his strategy to be conservative in the 2nd half? You don't ....

Didn't realize Shurmur nearly blew the Redskins game, as his offense only came up with 16 points in the 2nd half ...
    is shurmur your uncle or something? it's obvious how vanilla the play calling has been in 3 of our 4 losses and at least one of our wins during the second half, it's pretty clear that we come out playing not to lose when we have the lead. he's made improvements over last year where he was an idiot both halves, but i've had it up to here with this overly conservative play calling.

JFMose is offline Registered User

I can't tell if it's adjustments by the other team in the 2nd half...or bad playcalling.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Are you kidding me dude? 10 of those points had nothing to do with shurmur. A score after a turnover. And that kenneth darby run/touchdown drive was all Bradford. If you look at that drive there was never much solid playcalling. It was a two factors: momentum/bradford leading the way

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    is shurmur your uncle or something? it's obvious how vanilla the play calling has been in 3 of our 4 losses and at least one of our wins during the second half, it's pretty clear that we come out playing not to lose when we have the lead. he's made improvements over last year where he was an idiot both halves, but i've had it up to here with this overly conservative play calling.
    Wow, quiet the intelligent start to this post. The clowns come out after the losses ...

Again, do you KNOW it's not Spags philosophy?

Always the coaching, never the execution ...

How about Flajole, who apparently forgets how to blitz on the road ...

swatter555 is offline Registered User

We were successful in the first half due to the Bucs being unable to stop the run. Anyone can playcall in that situation. When it came down to brass tacks in the second half, Shurmur seemed like he was clueless. I mean, c'mon, zero points in the second half?? Not even a field goal attempt?? Ill agree our wide outs suck rocks, but you don't call a run up the middle on third and long when you desperately need a first down. It seemed like Shurmur completely forget about or lost confidence in Sam Bradford.

And its not all on Shurmur and the offense, I saw the defense miss tackles all game long. The second half was just one long, slow motion trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    Are you kidding me dude? 10 of those points had nothing to do with shurmur. A score after a turnover. And that kenneth darby run/touchdown drive was all Bradford. If you look at that drive there was never much solid playcalling. It was a two factors: momentum/bradford leading the way
    Halarious. Shurmur was calling one of the most brilliant halves on the ground that I've seen in years ....

You are truly clueless about football ....

The only real plays Bradford made in this game was the nice TD to Illinois Mike and a nice strike to Robinson ...

Halarious. Shurmur was calling one of the most brilliant halves on the ground that I've seen in years ....

You are truly clueless about football ....

The only real plays Bradford made in this game was the nice TD to Illinois Mike and a nice strike to Robinson ...
    Isn't training the QB also Shurmur's province? That's why we hired him from Philly, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Isn't training the QB also Shurmur's province? That's why we hired him from Philly, correct?
    Dick Curl is the QB coach ...

thatguy is offline Registered User

Today's lost was mainly a lack of execution by the players. There was a couple plays where I was thinking why did they run or something but Bradford was missing some throws that he should have made like the one pass before his first TD. Saffold and Smith didn't have a great game there were some good moments but they got beat quite a bit. Like last year the offense couldn't stay on the field so the D was constantly on the field. Also there this a big hole at CB that becomes more clear every game to me. Bartell is decent but I don't think he is good enough to hang in with pro bowl caliber receivers. The better the Ramss the better the opponents get so he doesn't seem like a good long term solution.
    Last edited by thatguy; -10-24-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Shurmur better step it up next week seeing that we have Carolina who pulled an upset against the Whiners.

Dick Curl is the QB coach ...
    Yes, but Shurmur is the QB coach who "made" McNabb and that has been the major defense of him if I may paraphrase his proponents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast